Next Seasons Starting XI

Guest sicko2ndbest

Regardign Barton does he really deserve to be in the first team next season? Has done nothing since he came here and didn't even contribute this year. Would love for us to cut our loses on him. Just a headache waiting to happen. I'm sure if he was involved this year he would have only hurt our chances with one distraction or the other.

He's one of the only players we have in the squad who has proven premiership quality. He hasn't shown it for a long time but he has performed at a decent level in the top league.

Regardign Barton does he really deserve to be in the first team next season? Has done nothing since he came here and didn't even contribute this year. Would love for us to cut our loses on him. Just a headache waiting to happen. I'm sure if he was involved this year he would have only hurt our chances with one distraction or the other.

He's one of the only players we have in the squad who has proven premiership quality. He hasn't shown it for a long time but he has performed at a decent level in the top league.

:thup:

Harper (Krul)

Simpson (NEW)    Williamson (NEW)  Colo (Kadar)  Enrique (NEW)

NEW (Routledge)  NEW (Guthrie)  Barton (Nolan)  Jonas (NEW)

Carroll (McLoven)  NEW (Best)

Is what I think is realistic. I reckon the four NEW's in parenthesis might become our youngsters if we don't get a decent enough transfer kitty. Also think we'll be shopping domestically, even though I'd like us to try to get some quality on the cheap from foreign leagues. O'Hara for midfield I think is a cert. Could possibly also imagine us going for Pedersen since he'll be on a free, but doubt he'd want to come to play second fiddle to Jonas unless we offer him silly money, which we won't.

I hope we'll eventually have the stones to cough up the dough for Skjelbred though, especially now since he's learnt to play as a left winger as well as a centre mid.

I'm sorry but anyone suggesting Ranger for the bench I think is really Naive.

Harper

Taylor              Coloccini Williamson        Enrique

Routledge         New    Barton                 Jonas

Carroll         New

Krul, Kadar, (New CB), Guthrie, NewWinger, Loven, Ameobi

I'd rather buy a new RB to start every game rather than a sub centre back and play Taylor there. Same as a winger would rather buy a stronger player in another position than another sub.

Agree - would go for Perch if he can be bought...also, have reservations about Williamson and Coloccini for pace in CD. Defence is crucial to us, we have to stop conceding in the Prem, esp away from home, if we are to get enough points to stay up.

Guest schmuck

---------------------Harper------------------------

S.Taylor----Coloccini----Williamson----Enrique

/Kadar

-Routledge---Guthrie----Barton----Gutierrez-

---------------Carroll----Lovenkrands-----------

Would be ok as a starting XI, all the players there are capable of at least doing a job in the premiership, a good manager can get worse groups of players than that playing to a good standard and I sincerely hope Hughton is the man to do it for us, but if not it would surely be cheaper to find a manager that could rather than throwing money at lots of players as we've done in the past (Souness)

With that said the three areas I would personally strengthen are 1) a more defensive partner for Barton in the middle, I'm a big Guthrie fan but he is still young and possibly a little lightweight, more than capable of covering for Barton or Routledge he would bring some sorely needed quality to the bench, 2) another option alongside Carroll, either some more pace to partner him with or someone who can conjure up some magic playing in behind him and 3) squad depth, 2 or 3 more capable premiership players for some genuine competition for places (Perch seems to be a popular choice and I'd be 100% behind that one)

I'd like to see something like this:

...............................Harper

Behrami........Coloccini........Williamson........Enrique

Routledge.....Barton........Scharner.......Guitierrez

.....................Carroll........C Cole

We'd be pretty dangerous down both flanks and, with Scharner, we'd have another option for CB.

If West Ham go down you should rob them blind.

Harper

Behrami-Upson-Coloccini-Enrique

Routledge-Barton-Parker-Gutierez

- Cole - Carroll -

Obviously Parker would be greeted with turned up noses but i think he is great if he'd come Arsenal as a reserve i'd take him.

Guest schmuck

Upson would be overpiriced and overpaid for what he is, I'd much rather give Williamson/Kadar a go, but Behrami, Parker and Cole I'd have in a heartbeat if they weren't snapped up by better sides. All extremely good and would all improve problem areas as well. Parker holding like he did in his first season with us alongside Barton would be tasty.

I think we need a pacy inventive striker rather than a warhorse like cole. Need somebody beardsleyesque or ashavinesque to complement either shola or carrol up front an to add an extra man in midfield.

Need a midfield destroyer who imposes himself on the game beside either Barton or Guthrie.

New Right back and cover for left back.

Could be:

Harper

Perch (simpson)--- Taylor (Kadar)----Colo (williamson)---Enrique (NEW)

Routledge (Raylor)---Barton (Guthrie)---NEW (Nolan)----Jonas (Loven)

--------------------------Carrol (Shola)------Rodallega (Ranger)

I can see Hughton starting next season quite cautiously and play one up front for a few games, unless we sign a top striker. So going on that basis;

Harper

Taylor        Williamson      Colo      Enrique

Guthrie        Barton

Routledge            Nolan                  Jonas

Carroll

Naturally i want and believe we will have new additions to the current squad, however i'm not prepared (or very good at) guessing.

Centre midfield and centre forward are key areas.

Those are definitely the three positions i'd look to improve straight away, like. It would take the mickey having Habib back, mind.

Fuck him, he made his bed so let him lie in it. I loved him when he played for us but he jumped ship when we needed him most.

He's too old anyway

Guest Roger Kint

Those are definitely the three positions i'd look to improve straight away, like. It would take the mickey having Habib back, mind.

f*** him, he made his bed so let him lie in it. I loved him when he played for us but he jumped ship when we needed him most.

He's too old anyway

This 100%

I'd go all out for Stephen Ireland who will be getting increasingly pissed off at Citeh and is bound to be on the bench for most of next season. Him along with a forward, right back and a couple of squad players would be enough to guarantee us safety.

Harper

Perch (Simpson)

Williamson (Taylor)

Colo (Addison/Kadar)

Enrique (?)

Routledge

Ireland (Guthrie)

O'Hara (Nolan if he's not sold)

Jonas (Diamante)

Carroll

Lovenkrands

Sell/Release - Barton, Smith, Butt, Nolan, Raylor, Best, Xisco, Pancrate, Shola,

Loan - Ranger, Lua Lua (when fit), Vuckic.

Buy - Ireland, Addison, Perch, Diamante, a nippy forward with excellent movement on the cheap. Not asking too much is it?

Bringing in 5, shipping out 9 (6 really when you consider Xisco's not been in the squad this season, Pancrate is shite and Butt is no loss) reducing the wage bill (only Ireland would be on big money but that would be comfortably offset with the sales of Barton, Butt and Nolan)

We'd probably need a few squad fillers looking at that, but the principle of buying a star/talisman/fulcrum this summer, offset by losing some of the high earners, shouldn't be overlooked imo. Whether we could attract an Ireland type player remains to be seen but it wouldn't surprise me to see some of the better Citeh players spit their dummies towards the middle of next season in the same way many did at Chelsea.

Bellamy, anyone?  :-X

Guest BooBoo

With this being world cup summer, there's bound to be a few previous unknowns who make a name for themselves and alert a few clubs. AKA Marc Hottiger syndrome.

:mackems:

Bellamy/Ireland?

More the principle than the name, but why not splash out on one star with the other signings being made up of potential players and proven plodders?

Bellamy has played for shite sides don't forget (Blackburn, Cov, Celtic etc), may feel he has unfinished business and will spit his dummy at some point soon.

Guest Roger Kint

With this being world cup summer, there's bound to be a few previous unknowns who make a name for themselves and alert a few clubs. AKA Marc Hottiger syndrome.

First summer in a while i have genuine excitement. The idea we could land some rising star or so called lesser known player who we could sign reminds me of that 94 World Cup and the Albert signing. Clearly some are getting way over the top here already but if we can land a big strong midfielder or a quick and agile attacking one to go with some good loans(would love Wiltshire, Van Aanholt, Weiss etc) as well as some proven PL experience then we can have a decent season.