Next Seasons Starting XI

Guest sicko2ndbest

Regardign Barton does he really deserve to be in the first team next season? Has done nothing since he came here and didn't even contribute this year. Would love for us to cut our loses on him. Just a headache waiting to happen. I'm sure if he was involved this year he would have only hurt our chances with one distraction or the other.

He's one of the only players we have in the squad who has proven premiership quality. He hasn't shown it for a long time but he has performed at a decent level in the top league.

:thup:

Some of our players who have had good a good season won't be able to step up to a higher level. Barton is one of those who has proven quality in the premier...the question is whether he is still the same player he was at City because he hasn't shown it at Newcastle so far. I would have him in ahead of guthrie personally.

Guest Roger Kint

:mackems:

Bellamy/Ireland?

More the principle than the name, but why not splash out on one star with the other signings being made up of potential players and proven plodders?

Bellamy has played for s**** sides don't forget (Blackburn, Cov, Celtic etc), may feel he has unfinished business and will spit his dummy at some point soon.

He signed for Man City for £14m and obscene wages. I will let you realise where your logic falls apart. The principle that we should splash out on 1 player is also madness, we have been there before and one injury would ruin the whole budget. Clever strategy......

I'd be suprised if we are not in for Micheal Johnson in the summer, which i'd be delighted with if he has sorted his drinking out.

It's this sort of player who we should be going for and who we will go for IMO, players like; Cleverley, O'Hara, Van Aanholt etc.

Robbie Keane is an interesting one, as i believe he has something to offer but i'd be suprised if we went down that route unless it was financially do-able.

:mackems:

Bellamy/Ireland?

More the principle than the name, but why not splash out on one star with the other signings being made up of potential players and proven plodders?

Bellamy has played for s**** sides don't forget (Blackburn, Cov, Celtic etc), may feel he has unfinished business and will spit his dummy at some point soon.

He signed for Man City for £14m and obscene wages. I will let you realise where your logic falls apart. The principle that we should splash out on 1 player is also madness, we have been there before and one injury would ruin the whole budget. Clever strategy......

Here's the thing Rog. SWP signed for Chelsea for mega money, as did Duff, as did Scott Parker, as did Wayne Bridge - they all left on the cheap relatively speaking.

There are a million other examples of this. Who would have predicted Robbie Keane getting the hump and joining Celtic on loan?

When a player (at a club with more money than sense) gets the hump they just want them out. Do you think Bellamy will be happy next season when he's sat on the bench? Neither do I.

As for logic falling apart - thanks for patronising too - my logic of one big name is supported by a number of proven prem players (Diamante etc) and the signing of players with potential (Perch, Addison etc) together with a team good enough to gain promotion at the first time of asking.

If you can't see the logic in needing a huge step up in quality in the final 2/3rds of our first team which will require investment/risk taking in at least one 'top' player then perhaps it's you who needs the reality check.

I hope we won't sign Bellamy (I don't think we would get him anyway). As good as he is as a footballer - we already have players like him (in Barton, Taylor/Carroll).

Would rather sign some younger players who are more hungry to play for such a club like we are.

Guest Roger Kint

Minhosa, why didnt you try to post that first instead of pathetic abusive pm's? Bit rich to cry over patronising isnt it?

Still you miss the obvious problems over our current situation and the idea that we cant pay those fees/wages any more. Sorry if its patronising for you to hear the truth of our situation but if you manage to construct a less offensive pm next time i may respond to your threats and insults in the future.

Rather than Bellamy being "out of our league", he's not the sort of player we will want to target. What would upset the rythm of our club right now?

Trouble maker

On huge wages

Will demand a first team place

Past his best

Minhosa, why didnt you try to post that first instead of pathetic abusive pm's? Bit rich to cry over patronising isnt it?

Still you miss the obvious problems over our current situation and the idea that we cant pay those fees/wages any more. Sorry if its patronising for you to hear the truth of our situation but if you manage to construct a less offensive pm next time i may respond to your threats and insults in the future.

Couldn't cover wages? Eh? I said in the original post somebody like Irelands wages would be covered by the sale or release of Butt, Smith, Nolan etc.

Also, as mentioned, lets meet for a pint at Peterborough to chat it through - what's threatening about that?

Guest Roger Kint

Howay lads lets stop setting up blind dates and get back to the topic.

My post clearly stated i am not replying to his attempts to fight and i refuse to acknowledge anyone who resorts to calling other fans c***s for an honest view of what he said. Theres no place on a fans forum for that imo

Oh and theres a difference to the word i used in a recent ban to what he used for anyone who feels like pointing it out, i see no excuse for calling somebody that.

Oh and  :mackems:  at me being called a keyboard warrior, grow up and talk about football you sad man

Howay lads lets stop setting up blind dates and get back to the topic.

My post clearly stated i am not replying to his attempts to fight and i refuse to acknowledge anyone who resorts to calling other fans cunts for an honest view of what he said. Theres no place on a fans forum for that imo

Who's crying now Keyboard warrier?

If you want to meet for a beer at the match on Saturday I'll buy you one - as already stated. If you try to patronise people then you're going to get a reaction.

Cmon lads now kiss and make up,

Reguarding transfer fees, i used to know where i was but now it's just wild speculation. I mean how much would Van Arlholt cost? And I think it would be a good idea to have a pop at Upson from West ham aswell, think our back four would almost certainly be premiership standard.

Reguarding transfer fees, i used to know where i was but now it's just wild speculation. I mean how much would Van Arlholt cost? And I think it would be a good idea to have a pop at Upson from West ham aswell, think our back four would almost certainly be premiership standard.

Think almost our whole squad is premiership standard. Of course we went down with some of those players but imo we went down because of one accident after the other. Keegan resigning... Kinnear... Kinnear getting ill... getting Shearer instead of a proven manger... and so on. Under normal circumstances with that squad from 08/09 we would have never ever gone down imo.

Think almost our whole squad is premiership standard. Of course we went down with some of those players but imo we went down because of one accident after the other. Keegan resigning... Kinnear... Kinnear getting ill... getting Shearer instead of a proven manger... and so on. Under normal circumstances with that squad from 08/09 we would have never ever gone down imo.

Agreed. All of that and more happened and we nearly survived. I also don't think the standard at the bottom has improved much.

Guest palnese

Rather than Bellamy being "out of our league", he's not the sort of player we will want to target. What would upset the rythm of our club right now?

Trouble maker

On huge wages

Past his best

He's been playing the best football of his entire career this season.

Trouble maker

On huge wages

Past his best

He's been playing the best football of his entire career this season.

True but his best would have been for the previous three years had he not been an injury prone cunt.

He's over the hill regardless of his form. One big injury (which will happen) and he's done. Good footballer mind.

Guest sittingontheball

RB, CH bought with the money we get when Steven Taylor leaves (foregone conclusion?), inspirational CM to "replace" Nicky Butt but actually be a starter, and a better striker to replace Leon Best would do me. I think that would keep us up.

I can't see Hughton dropping Nolan after he got player of the year. It's hard to believe he's only 27. He looks and moves like he's in his mid thirties.

RB, CH bought with the money we get when Steven Taylor leaves (foregone conclusion?), inspirational CM to "replace" Nicky Butt but actually be a starter, and a better striker to replace Leon Best would do me. I think that would keep us up.

I can't see Hughton dropping Nolan after he got player of the year. It's hard to believe he's only 27. He looks and moves like he's in his mid thirties.

I still have hope that once we are back in the Premiership that Nolan finally will realize he's too fat and slow and unfit and will start working on his fitness. He wants to be a leader - than he should also be a role model in terms of fitness.

Said before that we would only have gone down about 40 times out of 100. Only because the other teams were horrible mind, as we were also abysmal.

Right then...

STOP PICKING CARLTON COLE!

1. He's currently West Ham's best striker and will demand a massive transfer fee.

2. He's on the fringes of an England squad preparing to go to a World Cup in the summer.

3. He's recently been linked with current Premier League Champions Manchester United.

4. He's hardly going to pick us over the likes of Villa, Everton, etc. who'll most likely be in for him.

Unrealistic.

Christ.

Right then...

STOP PICKING CARLTON COLE!

1. He's currently West Ham's best striker and will demand a massive transfer fee.

2. He's on the fringes of an England squad preparing to go to a World Cup in the summer.

3. He's recently been linked with current Premier League Champions Manchester United.

4. He's hardly going to pick us over the likes of Villa, Everton, etc. who'll most likely be in for him.

Unrealistic.

Christ.

Kevin Doyle would be a better option imo. Younger, better on the ball, less injury prone and we'd have a shot of getting him.