The "We Won't Win Another Game This Season" Fred aka Relegation-o-meter

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is a team with Andy Carroll, Cheik Tiote and Hatem Ben Arfa really going to get relegated?

At the end of the day, none of us have a f***ing clue what will happen. We could finish 8th or 20th. That's what makes it exciting, but nervewracking for us.

The home games against the likes of West Ham, Birmingham, West Brom and Wolves will more than likely decide our fate.

Pretty much. We failed miserably when we needed 2 wins at home from Pompey, Boro & Fulham to stay up that season, we can't afford that this year.

Not the same. The three I mentioned are having fantastic seasons (we saw glimpses of HBA), whereas your three were just big names (and Beye, who was actually ok). But I see what you're getting at.

Up to this point in the relegation season (19 league games), Owen was averaging 1 in 2 games. (7 in 14 starts & 1 sub appearance in the league, plus 2 in 2 in the Carling Cup).

Martins also had 6 in 12 upto that point too.

These two posts highlight the importance of the transfer window. I remember Spurs were down there with us at christmas, we made a profit selling Given and N'Zogbia and got relegated. Spurs spent their way out of trouble and have never looked back.

You look at our squad and two or three injuries to key players will leave us in a lot of trouble. Take out Carroll and Enrique for a handful of games and we'll struggle to pick up points even against the weakest teams. In fact take out any of the first XI and we struggle. See the West Brom game (missing Barton and Coloccini) or Spurs (missing Nolan and Enrique) and we instantly looked hopeless. The flip side of this is that our first XI is decent and a couple of sound reinforcements would leave us in a strong position when you look at some of the teams/squads beneath us.

It is all about that January window and getting one or two decent players in so we don't have panic stations over one or two injuries. I reckon there'll be a couple of reinforcements, nobody not even Ashley replaces a popular manager mid-season and gives the new guy nothing, it would just be ludicrous. I'd much rather they're promising loan signings rather than token cheapo buys like Lovenkrands or Best. Either bring in Premier League quality or don't bother.

A few years back Reading were in their 2nd PL season - according to the lads I know Madejski offered the manager £ 7 mm in the transfer window but he reckoned they could muddle through from their mid table position  - and they didn't

A few years back Reading were in their 2nd PL season - according to the lads I know Madejski offered the manager £ 7 mm in the transfer window but he reckoned they could muddle through from their mid table position  - and they didn't

Mike Ashley-tastic.

Guest Tall Striker

i wonder if being 3 pts from relegation zone will actually motivate anybody to open purse strings?

may be dawning on the muppets that they cant hope we stay up without some decent players....?!

Unlikely, if we lose to Wigan and dont beat West Ham then things may change, as we'll more than likely be in the bottom three.

I look forward to when the poll is made clear whether 10 means going down or 1 does.

This is why I've never voted. :lol:

young Stu has much to learn from Ometermaster

I'm sure Jill could find enlightenment in the OP :)

I look forward to when the poll is made clear whether 10 means going down or 1 does.

This is why I've never voted. :lol:

young Stu has much to learn from Ometermaster

I'm sure Jill could find enlightenment in the OP :)

:blush: No one reads OPs.

Eaxactly, its all about the transfer window. There's some right dross around and below us so a little strengthening in key areas will go a long way to keeping us safe.

It's all down to Ashley, we've been in this situation before haven't we, speculate to accumulate...............in an ironic twist of fate you'd hope the Carroll injury might actually force Ashley's hand.