The "We Won't Win Another Game This Season" Fred aka Relegation-o-meter

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we could be just above the bottom three by Christmas.

Truth is, we've been boxing above our weight.  Take away Villa and Sunderland, which are exceptional circumstances, then you only really have the 1-0 against Everton and against Arsenal to actually say we did very well at. 

Ben Arfa's crocked, and he gave us the Everton win, so we can't rely on that talent again.

Our results have been very worrying against our relegation rivals, and with no investment in January we will be in a relegation scrap this season again.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We were without Barton and Tiote today and suffered badly-

If them two get injured permanently, then I'll be worried.

Guest Tall Striker

We were without Barton and Tiote today and suffered badly-

If them two get injured permanently, then I'll be worried.

Even if just one of them does.

We really need Gosling to be not shit too.

Think we need some perspective like. We're as run-of-the-mill mid-table as you can get. 1 point in 9 doesn't make us relegation candidates the same way 9 in 9 didn't make us title contenders.

:thup:

(just that we're not very run-of-the-mill though)

If we get 4 points from Chelsea, WBA and Liverpool I think we'll have done ok. Still takes us to 22 from 17 games which is still on course for relative safe mid table.

:thup:

I almost got shot down for saying "4pts from Fulham and Blackburn at home would be fantastic" :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Thing is stu you were right, we needed those points on the board as the 6 games following them were all tough. Its true we are on course pointswise as NUT says but it reminds me of the relegation season were we kept shifting the goal posts every bad spell until we were in desperate trouble. I am still firmly in the 14th-17th camp(at worst) unless we lose someone key for a long stretch. Off the top of my head we only have 4 really winnable home games left so unless we start reversing that form it wont be as comfortable as it really should be.

Guest neesy111

It's all about what defines a bad spell in form into a relegation spell in form.  If we don't win in the next 4 games, then the alarm bells should be ringing.

Guest Roger Kint

I can only see one winnable game in the next 6.

Same here thats why the 2 home games v Blackburn and Fulham were so important.

Tbh not so long ago we were mocking Liverpool who are now above us ,its so topsy turvy and loads of freaky results to come .we are not that good and rely on the majority of our players t be on top of there  games ,apart from yesterday our away form wasnt a problem but our home form barring 2 games has been shocking and unless that improves  its gonna be a struggle and the fans have a huge part to play .the manager needs the players playing at a high tempo at home and our results will improve as most teams cannot live with us .