Proud or embarrassed?

Luc

Very Proud! We've shown the nation a thing or two. We neded to go down, Im almost glad we went down, probably been a more enjoyable season this year than it would have been if we stayed up, we may even be better equipped for the 10/11 PL season than we would ave been if we'd had this season in the Prem.

I'll be celebrating the title, disrespectful to the league, other teams and the lads effort, commitment and outstanding mentality this year not to.

Get the F**k on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ToonBart

Fucking Estatic........Just to piss Leazes Mag off, Now re-instate him you miserable fuckers!!!!!!

I am fucking proud, balls to "we shouldn't be here in the first place" or "well we should have finished top because we have the best squad". Football isn't as straight forward as that and I am fucking proud of what we have achieved.

Get the fuck in there Chris Hughton, this group of lads and the thousands who have turned out home and away. I am very proud of all of that.

Guest BooBoo

Fucking Estatic........Just to piss Leazes Mag off, Now re-instate him you miserable fuckers!!!!!!

That miserable twat might even crack a smile tonight. He'll still be banging on about shit boards though.

I am f***ing proud, balls to "we shouldn't be here in the first place" or "well we should have finished top because we have the best squad". Football isn't as straight forward as that and I am f***ing proud of what we have achieved.

Get the f*** in there Chris Hughton, this group of lads and the thousands who have turned out home and away. I am very proud of all of that.

fuck yeah :thup:

I am fucking proud, balls to "we shouldn't be here in the first place" or "well we should have finished top because we have the best squad". Football isn't as straight forward than that and I am fucking proud of what we have achieved.

Get the fuck in there Chris Hughton, this group of lads and the thousands who have turned out home and away. I am very proud of all of that.

This.

It was harder for us to win the league than any other team in that division, cos all them Mongy little clubs wanted our scalp, we were thier biggest game,...in some of thier clubs histories.

disclaimer, may have slightly overstated how we were percieved.

Guest toonlass

I will be proud as punch when we sew up the league. I am delighted that we are promoted though. Fuck everyone who laughed at us when we went down! Newcastle United are back!

I'm going to party like I've not partied since we won the Intertoto cup!  :celb:

Seriously though, I remember last time we won it and had a bus tour through the streets and to the civic centre. Nothing to be ashamed about then, don't see why it should be now.

This is the third promotion I've followed, and the first two felt quite different from this one. Then, it was like we had to be some way better than the opposition, because teams used to raise their games against us, and the team seemed to feel the pressure as the bigger club. This present team has over-achieved, and has handled the pressure very well. We haven't always been the better side by any means.

The thing that makes me a bit nervy is that, by the time we'd won our previous promotions, we'd built teams that were well capable of handling life in the top division. This current side needs a bit of work.

I don't think we could have done any better than we have this season.  We've made some mitakes along the way but we've made less than any other club or team in this division and we are where we deserve to be and we have done this on merit.

I'm going to party like I've not partied since we won the Intertoto cup!  :celb:

Seriously though, I remember last time we won it and had a bus tour through the streets and to the civic centre. Nothing to be ashamed about then, don't see why it should be now.

No to a bus tour. It's a case of job done and get ready for next season. This has all been done low-key and it must remain so, IMO.

This is the third promotion I've followed, and the first two felt quite different from this one. Then, it was like we had to be some way better than the opposition, because teams used to raise their games against us, and the team seemed to feel the pressure as the bigger club. This present team has over-achieved, and has handled the pressure very well. We haven't always been the better side by any means.

The thing that makes me a bit nervy is that, by the time we'd won our previous promotions, we'd built teams that were well capable of handling life in the top division. This current side needs a bit of work.

This team has something that the other two didn't have, they have an attitude of never say die and they win games the other two wouldn't have won.  I don't know how we'll do next season but the players attitude will get us points that we wouldn't have won in the past.

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Proud-to-be-a-Geordie.jpg

If only Bobby had lived to see us go back up  :weep:

Share the sentiment! :sadnod:

Let's hope they remember to dedicate the Championship win (fingers crossed) to Sir Bobby.

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Proud-to-be-a-Geordie.jpg

If only Bobby had lived to see us go back up  :weep:

Not that I believe in that kind of thing, but at times it was like he cast his spell over us when we were terrible. (Swansea away)

No to a bus tour. It's a case of job done and get ready for next season. This has all been done low-key and it must remain so, IMO.

I see your point but we should do something to celebrate.

This is the third promotion I've seen - of the previous two one with a title and one as third and the trophy made no difference whatsoever to me - it's a minor trinket in the scheme of things.

Even if we do win it, it doesn't make up for the crass stupidity of relegation or the zero hope for the future.

Spot on that like.

This is the third promotion I've seen - of the previous two one with a title and one as third and the trophy made no difference whatsoever to me - it's a minor trinket in the scheme of things.

Even if we do win it, it doesn't make up for the crass stupidity of relegation or the zero hope for the future.

Spot on that like.

Howay lads man its a new beginning, a chance to start again. You can't be having that attitude after the season we've just had man surely?

How often have we moaned about the Premier League and we've had an outstanding season showing how good we really are, especially after how turd the Prem has been this season.

Its been a fantastic holiday, kudos to the intense hard work put inby all. Frget the nonsense, forget the disapointments of last season and all that went before it. Celebrate this year and give it the f**king credit it deserves.

Smile man ffs!