Premiership trash

womblemaster

watched bits of motd and was struck by how ave looking some of the teams are.

On current form we could beat them easily, however i recall from last season how it feels being in a relegation fight.  YOu can really see the psychology at work; nerves really are the enemy of good football.

We gonna have to maintain the momentum next season of this confidence. IF we continue to score goals early on next season, otherwise we gonna hit a big mental wall, and the confidence will drain away.

Same can be said for liverpool vs befica on thursday.  Both teams looked very nervous and disjointed, infront of a almost silent anfield, was a bizarre atmosphere which actually helped liverpool win; benfica players looked very spooked withthe silence.

Therew were times watch liverpool, i felt we could beat em if they played like this, but ofcourse they wont be as intimidated by playing us as they were playing for survivalin the uefa cup.

We have to have back up plan for jonas getting injured next year. without his performances on the left next year we will be toothless.  Lots of teams have turned up at sjp and looked scared witless this time, that wont happen next year!!  Thats gonna be a shock....

On current form we could beat them easily,

When watching West Ham Sunderland I thought the opposite, we dont have the pace or strength on the ball of either team.

On current form we could beat them easily,

When watching West Ham Sunderland I thought the opposite, we dont have the pace or strength on the ball of either team.

:thup:

We have a complete lack of pace in the centre of defence and midfield. Guthrie & a fit motivated Barton are our best bet on what we've got in midfield whilst Nolan should be sold to an ambitious Championship side - he'll not cut it back in the PL. The lack of pace in central defence and at RB will leave us exposed. Danny Simpson is far too slow.

I'd have a look at Perch for one.

Guest neesy111

IMO we only need to add pace to the side to make us certs to stay-up, whether hughton know's this is a different story

`Nolan wont get sold.`

yes cant see hughton being ruthless enough to do this.  However if some team in low end of prem made bid for 4m, would that be a good deal for us, or would we then have to endure seeing nolan score 10+ goals next season.

I would applaude hughton forever if he has the balls to show ameobi the door.  Again unlikely.

I am starting to have a blind, completely unrealistic belief that Nolan will have been rejuvinated by this seasons goal haul and will notch a few important goals for us next season.

Without hope what do we have?

I am starting to have a blind, completely unrealistic belief that Nolan will have been rejuvinated by this seasons goal haul and will notch a few important goals for us next season.

Youth and good looks. Oh wait, you...

He'll be better than last time with improved team confidence and understanding, but how much?

He's done fu**ll apart from his goal haul. We need a midfielder with a work ethic, not this fat lazy fu**er. And before you ask , yes I'm very grateful for his goal haul. The hope is we replace him.

We couldn't beat them easily. Some the chances we give teams to waste in this league would be pounced upon in the Prem. Wolves scored shitloads last season, but struggled to hit the net in early parts of this. Just looking at the goals from yesterday, Blackpools defending was shocking. It would rarely be that bad in the top flight.

He's done fu**ll apart from his goal haul. We need a midfielder with a work ethic, not this fat lazy fu**er. And before you ask , yes I'm very grateful for his goal haul. The hope is we replace him.

Not been watching the last 8 games or so?

Think Nolan offers a lot more to the club, perhaps moreso to Hughton, than just his on-field performances.

Think Nolan offers a lot more to the club, perhaps moreso to Hughton, than just his on-field performances.

probably captain already in all but name and a sure bet for the armband next season

We had a better team last year, on paper at least, yet we were still out-competed by these trash and got relegated.

We are managed by Chris Hughton, who is still a rookie by all counts.

These trash are managed by experienced managers who are used to grinding out results.

Complacent we shall not be.

IMO we only need to add pace to the side to make us certs to stay-up, whether hughton know's this is a different story

To make us "certs to stay up" we need two full backs (cover at left & first choice at right), another centre half, 2 central midfielders, cover on both wings & an out and out goalscorer.

To make us "certs to stay up" we need two full backs (cover at left & first choice at right), another centre half, 2 central midfielders, cover on both wings & an out and out goalscorer.

Agreed on all, maybe 2 forwards.

Guest Phil K

I watched a couple of games from the 70's a few months back, and thought the skill and excitement level far greater then than now.

The games today just cemented that fact for me. I reckon Man Citeh will be the team to beat next year however.

probably captain already in all but name and a sure bet for the armband next season

Without his goals he's the next Nicky Butt... and we all know what that means

I would say 10 to 20th, apart from Fulham, are rubbish. Maybe Birmingham will go crap again too. We wouldn't beat them easily though, because we're also rubbish. Think we have enough to stay up though.

Everything points to you staying up due to, as you say, the quantity of shite in the league. But then I remember last year...

If you can give 100% every game, I reckon you'll definitely do it. I can see you being hard to beat at home.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. We shouldn't be calling anyone trash at this point. We need significant strengthening to be better than most of these teams. Still, I think we are one of the better promoted sides in recent years and should be comfortable if we are smart this summer.