Liverpool and their fans

TheGuv

This thread's well bitter.

Few grains of truth though...

I dunno. People say these things like there's something in Scouse mentality that makes them behave in this way. The truth is all football supporters are the same.

aye, theres no difference between millwall and swindon eh ?

If Millwall were the same size as Liverpool, had the same history, they'd be behaving in the same way as Liverpool fans. The club shapes the fanbase.

One honest question.

Why the hell do they keep harping about Hillsborough? That was two decades ago, and yeah, it was a tragedy and I remember how big of a shock it was even in Spain. But they still rant and chant about "justice" "truth" and whatever, organize protests, do mosaics at the stadium... like everybody else still owes them something. The odd homage is perfectly understandable, but they seem utterly obsessed with it.

I can understand why they do it what happend there was horrible and atleast from what i gather from the film it was a bit of a cover up by S Yorkshire police and also what the sun wrote about them aswell.

Correct. South Yorkshire Police and their incompetence played a massive part in the deaths of all those fans and nothing has ever been done about it, that's why they still "harp on" about it and that's why, yes, they are "owed something".

You've just shown yourself to be either a w***** or very ignorant of the subject. If it's the latter then maybe you should think before you start throwing criticism around to try and win a bit of approval from other posters on here.

Fair enough. That still was 25 years ago and I honestly don't understand why it is brought week in week out *today*. I'm aware of The Sun business, and if I recall correctly they issued a quite thorough apology a few years ago. Monumentally late, but they did. Really, it makes absolutely no sense to keep going with it the way they do. It was a disgrace, they paid the price for some stuff that had to be done throughout football stadiums. But it was 25 years ago.

and for the record, I hate their fans more than anyone. Their arrogance, massive amount of glory hunters that have never watched a game outside their local pub, the myth they have built up about Benitez not spending anything, their fickleness, their stupid banners, embarassing songs... bunch of idiots.

One thing you certainly can't criticise them for is Hillsborough though.

i'm sure there was a hillsbrough thread on here.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,61330.0.html

:thup:

nah not that one, the other one.

I dunno. People say these things like there's something in Scouse mentality that makes them behave in this way. The truth is all football supporters are the same.

If Millwall were the same size as Liverpool, had the same history, they'd be behaving in the same way as Liverpool fans. The club shapes the fanbase.

so why can we take as many if not more fans abroad and not have half the bother ?

so why can we take as many if not more fans abroad and not have half the bother ?

'Cos we're the loyalist footballer supporters, the woooorld has evvvver had...

One honest question.

Why the hell do they keep harping about Hillsborough? That was two decades ago, and yeah, it was a tragedy and I remember how big of a shock it was even in Spain. But they still rant and chant about "justice" "truth" and whatever, organize protests, do mosaics at the stadium... like everybody else still owes them something. The odd homage is perfectly understandable, but they seem utterly obsessed with it.

I can understand why they do it what happend there was horrible and atleast from what i gather from the film it was a bit of a cover up by S Yorkshire police and also what the sun wrote about them aswell.

Correct. South Yorkshire Police and their incompetence played a massive part in the deaths of all those fans and nothing has ever been done about it, that's why they still "harp on" about it and that's why, yes, they are "owed something".

You've just shown yourself to be either a w***** or very ignorant of the subject. If it's the latter then maybe you should think before you start throwing criticism around to try and win a bit of approval from other posters on here.

Fair enough. That still was 25 years ago and I honestly don't understand why it is brought week in week out *today*. I'm aware of The Sun business, and if I recall correctly they issued a quite thorough apology a few years ago. Monumentally late, but they did. Really, it makes absolutely no sense to keep going with it the way they do.

Thorough apology = "Shit, we've had 20-odd years of rock bottom sales all across Merseyside... thought it would have blown over by now. Best stick an apology in and see if things pick up"

My best friend is a Liverpool fan and he's very grounded. He's very critical of Rafa-haters.

And I don't believe we booed Bobby that season. For one, it wasn't for coming 5th, because we hadn't finished the season. There were 2 games left, and 4th was still possible. The team were booed for the Wolves performance, and Robert and Viana got special boos.

My best friend is a Liverpool fan and he's very grounded. He's very critical of Rafa-haters.

And I don't believe we booed Bobby that season. For one, it wasn't for coming 5th, because we hadn't finished the season. There were 2 games left, and 4th was still possible. The team were booed for the Wolves performance, and Robert and Viana got special boos.

The ones who support Rafa are the deluded ones. Long may he stay there!

I hate how they blame everyone else for Hillsbrough and such, yet it was their own fans who without tickets who forced their way in past the police (untill the police had to give up because they had already lost control of them), the same goes for Hysel, and they want justice, look at nooneelse but those fans who went in regardless, then the fuckers did the same thing a few years ago when the played Milan in the Champions League final (the second time around I think it was).

The ones who support Rafa are the deluded ones. Long may he stay there!

Not really. He's done very well there, they came 2nd last season. They have a bad year, with Gerrard in rubbish form and 2 clubs around them spending loads, and no credible alternative has been offered.  If they had someone lined up that was better than Rafa, it would maybe make sense, but they're not going to get a better manager.

Because for us, it's still about the football and the crack. Liverpool have been in Europe for donkeys and have inevitably, in that time, made enemies of some clubs and that has attracted the hoolie element who can't get their kicks in England. Anyway, it's not like we could ever have a quiet match against the likes of Feyenoord, for example. You can bet a trip to Rotterdam would see more bad eggs than a match against, say, Bilbao.

and for the record, I hate their fans more than anyone. Their arrogance, massive amount of glory hunters that have never watched a game outside their local pub, the myth they have built up about Benitez not spending anything, their fickleness, their stupid banners, embarassing songs... bunch of idiots.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60938.0.html  ??

Guest toonlass

I hate how they blame everyone else for Hillbrough and such, yet it was their own fans who without tickets who forced their way in past the police (untill the police had to give up because they had already lost control of them), the same goes for Hysel, and they want justice, look at nooneelse but those fans who went in regardless, then the fuckers did the same thing a few years ago when the played Milan in the Champions League final (the second time around I think it was).

Where these the same fans who "forced their way in" through a gate the police opened without shutting the gate into the main pen to divert the fans outside into the side pens, which would have prevented a lot of crushing?

I hate how they blame everyone else for Hillbrough

I hate how people think they know better than a government report into the matter at a time when they did everything to blame the fans. I hate how people are too thick to realise it could have been any other set of fans, and nearly was Leeds fans a year earlier when the ground was a lot safer.

I hate how they blame everyone else for Hillbrough and such, yet it was their own fans who without tickets who forced their way in past the police (untill the police had to give up because they had already lost control of them), the same goes for Hysel, and they want justice, look at nooneelse but those fans who went in regardless, then the fuckers did the same thing a few years ago when the played Milan in the Champions League final (the second time around I think it was).

Where these the same fans who "forced their way in" through a gate the police opened without shutting the gate into the main pen to divert the fans outside into the side pens, which would have prevented a lot of crushing?

The question is, should they of forced their way through this open gate in the first place?, which was only opened to kick someone out.

Yes the game should of been postponed untill all the fans allowed in got in safely, but thats no reason for them to not of been in an organised and petient que in the first place.

I hate how people think they know better than a government report into the matter at a time when they did everything to blame the fans. I hate how people are too thick to realise it could have been any other set of fans, and nearly was Leeds fans a year earlier when the ground was a lot safer.

It could of been any fans, but if they fans weren't forcing their way through then it would never of happend, you can't point the blame to the police.

The question is, should they of forced their way through this open gate in the first place?, which was only opened to kick someone out.

Yes the game should of been postponed untill all the fans allowed in got in safely, but thats no reason for them to not of been in an organised and petient que in the first place.

We're talking about 80's football fans, not the WI  :lol:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60938.0.html   ??

thats the one.

It could of been any fans, but if they fans weren't forcing their way through then it would never of happend, you can't point the blame to the police.

That's exactly what the Taylor Report did, and why they tried to cover it up, but you know best.

We're talking about 80's football fans, not the WI :lol:

It's no excuse.

You could blame the fact that the game wasn't delayed, the police for opening a gate, or the fans for behaving like a pack of animals to get passed the safety measures in place in order to rush into the ground.

All bad mistakes, but the behaviour of the fans is the main (not only) reason.