Oliver Speaks

sempuki

I reckon it's Distin, and personally I'd be happy. Think him and Taylor would compliment each other well.

What, like:

"Ooh, Sylvain, you look fit today.  Have you been working out extra hard?"

"Why, yes Steven, I have.  I must say that your hair looks fantastic today.  What products do you use?"

:wink:

At a talk-in in Hebburn last night.

oh right thanks.

there are some unprofessional remarks there considering lee clark is so high in the club

he shouldnt admit openly as to how bad olivier bernard is should he?

good to know that we are being linked with the right players though wayne bridge is a world better than babayaro!

Roeder made a worse fucking joke about Boumsong in his last talk in.

I'm amazed nobody has taken a swing at Oliver yet. :angryfire:

6'4 = 193.04 cm. According to the premier league Actim stats:

9 Davenport  (Tottenham) 1.93

10 Diop  (Fulham) 1.93

11 Distin  (Man City) 1.93

12 Friedel  (Blackburn) 1.93

13 Hall  (Wigan Athletic) 1.93

14 Robinson  (Tottenham) 1.93

15 Samaras  (Man City) 1.93

Taken from the Tallest players in the prem section.

Well according to Football Manager, only Sylvain Distin & Danny Shittu are exactly 6 ft 4, but since he plays Championship Manager he may be mixed up.

bluelaugh.gif

Man Cuty site has Distin as 6'3"-  may be 6'4" (studds included)

bluebiggrin.gif

I think it's nailed on that it's Distin.

Ah well. I gather Oliver has been fairly certain of a few "done deals" in the past (Was it Brett Emerton?). I'm still hopeful he'll be staying. I'd much rather keep him for half a season than lose him for a pittance. And it wasn't that long ago that at a similar talk Pearce said he won't be shifting him in January and I think he is a more reliable source.

As for the Luque comment, it just goes to show what a lucky b*stard Roeder was in Palermo. Two players he never ever picks (Krul & Luque) won us that match. Had he went with his normal selections, I've no doubt we'd have lost that game 1 or 2-0.

And the big question is, had he followed up that defeat in Italy with a defeat against Sheff Utd, would have have still been in the job?

The LB will be Bridge I hope  :thup:

This from 2nd November and looks as though any deal nearly done may not be for Distin.

STUART Pearce has confirmed that City are still keen to tie Sylvain Distin to an improved, long-term deal.

Speculation over the former skipper's future at the club is bound to intensify again as the January transfer window looms, and the manager knows exactly what he wants to happen.

Distin has left a lucrative four-year contract - which would make him one of the highest paid players in City's history - on the table since the summer, when he also turned down overtures from Portsmouth and Middlesbrough.

Advertisement your story continues below

Fortunately for the Blues, the 27-year-old has not let talk of his future or the loss of the skipper's armband to Richard Dunne affect his displays, and he has been one of the steadiest performers in an up-and-down start to the campaign.

Dunne himself has made an impassioned plea for his central defensive partner in five successive clean sheets at home to remain at the club. But Distin has yet to commit himself.

Factor

The Frenchman, who can leave for nothing next summer and is permitted by football laws to start talking to clubs in the New Year, is very much his own man with his own way of doing things, and is likely to take his time about assessing his future.

What ever he ultimately decides it is unlikely that the size of the wage packet will be the sole determining factor.

Distin is a principled person with a deep thinking side to his placid nature, and has shown he will not be rushed.

Even so, boss Pearce would like to persuade the player to stay and demonstrate that the grass might not be greener elsewhere in the Premiership - unless, of course, he gets a move to a Champions League club.

"I want him to stay at the football club," stressed Pearce again this week. "He is a good man, a good player.

Fantastic

"He plays all the games and is professional, and is fantastic to have around the place.

"It is just us agreeing those financial terms with him. At the moment we have got a bit of a sticking point, but we have had that for a number of months.

"Hopefully, the main thing that will tilt it in our favour is that he enjoys his football here.

"Sylvain is a pleasant man who has sets of principles that he works to. That is fine, and I hope that his performances can inspire the team's performances and make him say to himself: `Hang on a minute, as it goes I enjoy living in Manchester, I enjoy this football club and I enjoy working for Stuart Pearce'.

"That is what I have got to make sure we achieve over the next few months. Hopefully, he will look at the environment here and conclude that we are improving.

"We have got the likes of Micah Richards, Nedum Onuoha, Michael Johnson, Stevie Ireland and Joey Barton all coming through from the Academy."

Pearce is banking that the upsurge in form, as well as the promise of the youngsters, will persuade Distin that he is in the best place possible to follow his dreams.

The Blues boss added: "If we can be a little bit cuter, and George Samaras can string some performances together and DaMarcus Beasley can add balance and put in some consistent games, then we will go in the right direction - and Sylvain will then see that there are not many better clubs to go to than this one."

The extra 2.5m for Luque must be the VAT and we never declare that do we.

The centre half is Knight without a doubt,wonder how much Fulham have conned out of us.

Nope, it's not VAT. We might conjecture in the absence of any evidence it's an *ahem * agent's fee

wouldnt be surprised to be honest i just want to understand why luque has turned from one of the most feared strikers in spain to being an absolute joke within the space of 18 months!

Could have something to do with the way the club is ran and the type of manager/coaches we hire.

Same could be asked of how a club which makes the Champions League spends a fortune and manages to end up in a relegation place ??

It was a sad day when Bobby Robson was forced out of the club.

Judging from the nufc.com match report from City and Oliver's height-o-meter, I'm pretty sure we have an interest in Distin - although I doubt it'd tied up to be honest, I think Oliver will have been on a fan appeasement mission.

:( I hope its not he couldnt find his arse with both hands.

I've always rated him. We should have had him in 2002. I know people call him a "greedy b*stard", but if Robson hadn't blown £6m on Bramble, I'm sure we could have paid the £4m and equalled Robert's wages to keep him here.

Guest Bramble OG

And thats a quality we should be looking for when buying a defender?  bluebigeek.gif

as for that medical, i just don't believe it.

if we were waiting for the new, surely we'd have our medical team etc. sent to london to carry out the examination at chelsea....

I've always rated him. We should have had him in 2002. I know people call him a "greedy b*stard", but if Robson hadn't blown £6m on Bramble, I'm sure we could have paid the £4m and equalled Robert's wages to keep him here.

Amen