NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I'd love for us to sign N'Gog tbh. Not at that price mind, but I think he's criminally underrated by pretty much everyone (bar the Liverpool board apparently).

He's by far the worst player ever to get a chance in the Premiership, he just runs around!

Nicolas Otamendi for €8m. :lol:

Ben Arfa, Raul, Otamendi...gets more ridiculous by the hour.

http://www.clarin.com/deportes/futbol/Newcastle-ingles-vino-carga-Otamendi_0_302369879.html

"Newcastle, after a year in England's second tier, won promotion to the Premier League and are looking to Nicolas Otamendi to reinforce themselves. At Newcastle, he'll know the familiar faces of Jonas Gutierrez & Fabricio Coloccini. There's been an offer from England although Velez are yet to confirm this completely, only stating that "there are several European suitors" for the player, and that there's been "an offer from an English club".

Would the offer of €8m finally signal the departure of Otamendi? Surely".

:lol:

Speaking of Bassedas, wasn't one of the main reasons he came here in 2000 because he was a massive fan of AC/DC? :lol:

Wouldn't be suprised. 80's hair rock is unbelievably popular over there.

Christian Bassedas has revealed to the Sun why he choose to join Newcastle in the summer.

The Argentinian told the currant bun that he is a massive AC/DC fan and Brian Johnston the lead singer of Bassedas' fave band comes from Dunston in the North East.

Bassedas said: "I love rock music and AC/DC are my favourite group.

"When I first heard about Newcastle's interest, I remember reading about Johnston, the lead singer with AC/DC being from the same area."

But Bassedas is disappointed that his fellow players don't share his taste for rock music and prefer listening to dance music.

"I am surprised that the dance music is more popular than rock music in the dressing room over here. It's not like that in Argentina.

"When the Rolling Stones played five dates in Buenos Aires, my wife Maria and I went with friends to four of the five concerts."

Despite being able to play football in the home town of his hero, Brian Johnston, all is not well in the Bassedas household. His biggest heartache was not being able to bring his dog to England when he left Argentina.

"I had a wonderful German Shepherd in Buenos Aires and he was my best friend.

"I considered bringing him over but six months in quarantine would be no use to an animal that size. I was very upset when I had to say goodbye."

We all hope that despite Bassedas missing his dog, his love of AC/DC gets him through the lonely times and he doesn't have a 'Nervous Shakedown' as he continues to be as 'Hard as a Rock' in the Newcastle midfield.

Christian Bassedas has revealed to the Sun why he choose to join Newcastle in the summer.

The Argentinian told the currant bun that he is a massive AC/DC fan and Brian Johnston the lead singer of Bassedas' fave band comes from Dunston in the North East.

Bassedas said: "I love rock music and AC/DC are my favourite group.

"When I first heard about Newcastle's interest, I remember reading about Johnston, the lead singer with AC/DC being from the same area."

But Bassedas is disappointed that his fellow players don't share his taste for rock music and prefer listening to dance music.

"I am surprised that the dance music is more popular than rock music in the dressing room over here. It's not like that in Argentina.

"When the Rolling Stones played five dates in Buenos Aires, my wife Maria and I went with friends to four of the five concerts."

Despite being able to play football in the home town of his hero, Brian Johnston, all is not well in the Bassedas household. His biggest heartache was not being able to bring his dog to England when he left Argentina.

"I had a wonderful German Shepherd in Buenos Aires and he was my best friend.

"I considered bringing him over but six months in quarantine would be no use to an animal that size. I was very upset when I had to say goodbye."

We all hope that despite Bassedas missing his dog, his love of AC/DC gets him through the lonely times and he doesn't have a 'Nervous Shakedown' as he continues to be as 'Hard as a Rock' in the Newcastle midfield.

Holy Shit!!  :dowie:

I have read the Clarín, and even though it's a populist newspaper is not nearly as bad as the Sun/Mirror. Story is still 95% bollocks for sure, though.

EDIT: Bassedas' story :lol:

Limited knowledge of foreign newspapers but i think apart from Bild, that i can think of, nothing comes close to tabloids here.