NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

TBF to Pardew, he hasn't actually signed Bentley, Santa Cruz or Beckham, they're probably just bollocks press links.

Isn't there direct quotes attributable to him saying he was interested in all 3?

Who's Charlie Austin? My mate has just texted me and said we are considering him.

Swindon, just slapped in transfer request, never looked anything special when i've seen him. Would ask my uncle who is a season ticket holder there, but he told me Tozer was a future england captain so i shall not seek his views again.

TBF to Pardew, he hasn't actually signed Bentley, Santa Cruz or Beckham, they're probably just bollocks press links.

Isn't there direct quotes attributable to him saying he was interested in all 3?

If there is I retract the above post!

(Although I would still judge him by the actual players that come in)

I think Charlie Austin is a forward from Swindon and we were linked to him fairly recently.

So he will probably be a centre back from Hibernian who has never been mentioned in the same sentence with us :lol:

I've not been impressed by SWP for a long time but he's got 9 goals and 15 assists in 60 games (48 starts) for Citeh second time round. They're good numbers and they must come from somewhere. Better than Jonas or Routledge, at least. Probably wants big wedge though.

Don't get the hatred of SWP here like. He's a decent player, and a definite upgrade on Routledge, and if it's only on loan I don't see the problem.

He's no world beater but his pace is something we could really do with at the minute.

I guess the hatred is due to the mercenary thing, but ultimately most people in any job would give serious consideration to going where the coin is highest. From the club's and fans' point of view if you replace a player with someone better you've strengthened the squad - and that should be it really.

hmmmm like the look of Jonathan Legear (Anderlecht) from what I've seen. Seems to be pronounced Le-jar (soft J). No relation to LA Gear.

Have to agree, I think he'd be awesome here.

Sod SWP, get this lad in if we can.

hmmmm like the look of Jonathan Legear (Anderlecht) from what I've seen. Seems to be pronounced Le-jar (soft J). No relation to LA Gear.

Not seen much of him, but very impressed with what I've seen. He'd be my number 1 choice, particularly given his age.

Not seen much of him, but very impressed with what I've seen. He'd be my number 1 choice, particularly given his age.

He can play on either wing or just off the front man, so he'd be useful to have.

If we had this lad and Ben Arfa on the the left we'd rip some shit up.

Who's Charlie Austin? My mate has just texted me and said we are considering him.

Went to school with him, Never made it and then was offered a trial at Swindon.. and has done brilliantly since in league one,Scores almost every game. Certainly knows where the goal is! Big step to the epl tho.

My hatred of him mainly comes from his dive to get Robbie Elliott sent off in that FA Cup quarter final, that and being a mercenary little shit who hasn't had a good game for three years including far too many embarrassingly poor England showings.

I also do not want to see Joey Barton shifted from the right of midfield.

He can play on either wing or just off the front man, so he'd be useful to have.

If we had this lad and Ben Arfa on the the left we'd rip some shit up.

My Belgian mate reckons he's injured a lot but would be worth a look if he could keep himself fit.

If the reports are true that SWP is willing to take a wage cut, and he was also willing to fight for his place then I'd be happy to take him (although he wouldn't be my first choice). Cannot take any bloke seriously as a footballer however if there willing to fuck there career away on the sidelines at Eastlands on a silly wage rather than up sticks and move elsewhere to try and revitalise there career and find some first team footy (cough cough Shay).

My hatred of him mainly comes from his dive to get Robbie Elliott sent off in that FA Cup quarter final, that and being a mercenary little shit who hasn't had a good game for three years including far too many embarrassingly poor England showings.

I also do not want to see Joey Barton shifted from the right of midfield.

Ah that dive the little shit, was told to do it as Robbie was already on a yellow.. he is a decent enough player but on a massive wage and always seems to stop trying once he knows he is a first team starter, then gets dropped and just moves on.

Even a loan deal until the end of the season is going to cost us a fortune in wages.

SWP is an OK player tbh, but Barton needs to play on the wing. And SWP won't like that, so I'd say we should stay away. The wages won't be pretty either.

Charlie Austin has actually been linked with Burnley today as Eddie Howe's first signing.

Legear seems pretty handy though.