NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Rooney was leading the line for Manure and England at 18, if he's good enough he's old enough.

Would like to think we have scouts watching every second he spends on the pitch for the remainder of this season, if we'd even consider spending £20 million on him.

The crazy thing is, people here the name 'Lukaku' and p*ss their pants in excitement, without even seeing him play.

If there's any truth in it whatsoever then we'll have been watching him for a good while. I don't think Pardew's playing FM at home thinking that's who I'll get.

If only the same could be said about the people overjoyed that we are being linked to him in the London Metro.

What have you got against fans getting excited about potential signings anyway?

Look at the players we've been 'linked' to over the years.

Look at the players we've signed.

I said what have you got against it.  What do you care if other people get excited at unrealistic signings?

Rooney was leading the line for Manure and England at 18, if he's good enough he's old enough.

Would like to think we have scouts watching every second he spends on the pitch for the remainder of this season, if we'd even consider spending £20 million on him.

The crazy thing is, people here the name 'Lukaku' and p*ss their pants in excitement, without even seeing him play.

If there's any truth in it whatsoever then we'll have been watching him for a good while. I don't think Pardew's playing FM at home thinking that's who I'll get.

If only the same could be said about the people overjoyed that we are being linked to him in the London Metro.

What have you got against fans getting excited about potential signings anyway?

Look at the players we've been 'linked' to over the years.

Look at the players we've signed.

I said what have you got against it.  What do you care if other people get excited at unrealistic signings?

I don't have anything against it.

So let's say we spend £20 million on Lukaku + £1.5 million signing on fee + wages of £35,000 a week on a four year contract = £28.78 million.

Which leaves a grand total of £6 million of the Carroll money to spend (£1 million if you believe reports Liverpool paid £30 million up front).

I'm nopt saying Lukaku is realistic, but wages will be spread over each year's projected income. We're not writing Lukaku a cheque for 4 years's wages in the summer, out of a big bank account called "The Carroll Money".

Didn't Pardew say that the Carroll money would contribute to the transfer fees, contracts and signing on fees of any new players?

Not content with watching every Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga and Ligue 1 game, the N-O experts moved their attention to the Belgian Jupiler League. :lol:

UEFA Cup? Champions League?

I've seen him play twice, so I can't really judge how good he is based on anything other than what people say about him.

Well let's just say you're right Colocho and we spend £29m on Lukaku given all those figures you've given.

Say Carroll had signed for £50k over 4 years and kept Carroll, we'd have been £49.5m down. (wages + £35m fee)

I think in those 4 years I'd rather Lukaku at £29m than Carroll at £50m.

Why is any journalist even bothering to mention Lukaku and Newcastle in the same sentence? Non-starter.

A lot of people thought the same when we got linked with Ben Arfa.

Aye, that said I'd love to be proven wrong here. Considering the hype surrounding Lukaku and not his actual ability, I find this even less likely than the HBA saga. I've seen him play on a couple of occasions, he's a beast in the making from what I can tell. Probably not 17 though  :shifty:

Well let's just say you're right Colocho and we spend £29m on Lukaku given all those figures you've given.

Say Carroll had signed for £50k over 4 years and kept Carroll, we'd have been £49.5m down. (wages + £35m fee)

Fair enough. Let's hope we sign a striker that can compare to the quality Carroll is currently exhibiting.

I'm nopt saying Lukaku is realistic, but wages will be spread over each year's projected income. We're not writing Lukaku a cheque for 4 years's wages in the summer, out of a big bank account called "The Carroll Money".

Didn't Pardew say that the Carroll money would contribute to the transfer fees, contracts and signing on fees of any new players?

I'm not sure, he might have. Even so, it will never be as simple as that. Why would the club demand that a new player's wages were covered in a lump sum right now?

The way Ashley runs the club, it would make much more sense if he signed players whose wages were sustainable on an annual basis for as long as they played for us. Not that everything Ashley does makes sense, I admit!

The latest quote was that the Carroll money would 'go back into the club'.

The latest quote was that the Carroll money would 'go back into the club'.

It's cool, we are getting a scoreboard yeah?

Exactly. Funny how people are counting the wages for potential signing or new contracts, but not the freeing up of wages from the sales. But Llambais is probably hoping we think that way anyway.

No chance in hell we'll spend so much money on one player. On the other hand, a move to us could tempt him since we will guarantee him a regular spot in the XI.  £10 mill upfront and an amount of cash after x games should do it..:)

If you search Newcastle on news.google.fr there's a link to quotes from Lukaku's agent confirming our interest.

Doesn't mean shit. Those cretins will do anything to earn an extra buck. Lying to the papers is just another way to force the price up.

the thing is though, we are. unless we spend more than 35m on fees and contracts.

the thing is though, we are. unless we spend more than 35m on fees and contracts.

Eh? How does that follow?

The club said that the £35 million would contribute to the wages, signing on and transfers fees of any new players.

That's why I put Lukaku's wages as a lump sum.

The club said that the £35 million would contribute to the wages, signing on and transfers fees of any new players.

I'm pretty certain 'the club' never said all that