NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

If we're going to blow big money, then I'd rather it was on someone who was significantly better than what we've got, and who isn't still learning the game. On that basis, Bassong doesn't quite fit the bill.

On a separate issue, a player we need to replace is Campbell - an experienced defender who can fill in whilst the likes of Kadar develop. Campbell hasn't worked out as I'd hoped, but there's got to be other candidates out there.

I actually think that Kadar has the makings of a really class central defender, and I'd like to see him get his chance at some stage.

If we're going to blow big money, then I'd rather it was on someone who was significantly better than what we've got, and who isn't still learning the game. On that basis, Bassong doesn't quite fit the bill.

On a separate issue, a player we need to replace is Campbell - an experienced defender who can fill in whilst the likes of Kadar develop. Campbell hasn't worked out as I'd hoped, but there's got to be other candidates out there.

I actually think that Kadar has the makings of a really class central defender, and I'd like to see him get his chance at some stage.

Matthew Upson is available on a free come the end of the season, should we want to bolster the ranks with experience.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/04/17/newcastle-linked-with-jonathan-pitroipa-move/40705/

Newcastle United are pondering a move for Hamburg midfielder Jonathan Pitroipa. The 25-year-old, who can also play as a winger, attracted interest from Liverpool last year, but a move to Anfield did not materialise.

Pitroipa, a Burkina Faso international, has popped up onto Newcastle boss Alan Pardew’s wanted list, although Hamburg would surely be reluctant to part with the midfielder.

The Hamburg man moved to Germany in 2004, pitching up at Freiburg where he went on to make over 70 starts in a four-year spell. In 2008, Hamburg swooped for Pitroipa and it was when at the Imtech Arena that the 25-year-old was handed his Burkina Faso debut.

This season Pitroipa has made 23 Bundesliga appearances for Hamburg, scoring twice and providing six assists.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2011/04/premiership/can-pardew-really-lure-this-stylish-e6m-winger-to-tyneside?

I think one thing we all know is that Newcastle are going to be very busy in the transfer market this Summer, well that is if the rumour mill is to be believed anyway.

It is appears that a winger may be the order of the day, maybe the days of Joey Barton playing right midfield are coming to an end!  According to our friends at Inside Futbol the man they are supposedly chasing is Burkinabe wide man Jonathan Pitroipa, and before you ask, if you are Burkinabe you are from Burkina Faso – who said the Tavern wasn’t educational.

The winger began his career in his native country, but it wasn’t long before he moved to Europe.  He ended up in Germany at SC Freiburg in 2004, he remained there for 4 years before he transferred too his current club Hamburg in 2008.  The winger has appeared over 60 times for the club and has looked a decent option, yet he hasn’t quite managed to secure himself in the first team.

The speed merchant was linked extensively with a move to Liverpool last Summer, Roy Hodgson was supposedly very close to moving for the winger, however this never came to fruition.  It was believed that his pace and dribbling skills would make him a fine asset in the Premier League, he was extremely impressive for Hamburg against Manchester City in the Europa League a couple of years ago and I think he could be a success in England.

He is contracted to Hamburg until 2012, and it is thought that because of this, he may be allowed to move for as little as £5.5million rather than losing him for nothing next year.  The Tyneside club may face competition from Bundesliga side Wolfsburg who according to Goal are also interesting in the midfielder, and there could still be interest from Liverpool as they continue to look to add width to their squad.

Newcastle however would be a great destination for the player, the Geordie faithful love a tricky flying winger and that is exactly what Pitroipa is.  With him on one wing and Ben Arfa on the other, there could be some really enjoyable attacking football at St James’ Park next season, now all they really need is a striker to get on the end of the crosses!

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/6681/9/newcastle-and-everton-battle-psv-ace

Newcastle have joined Everton in the race for highly-rated Hungarian Balazs Dzsudzsak.

The PSV Eindhoven winger has been instrumental in the club's surge to the top of the Eredivisie this season, scoring 16 goals in 31 appearances for the Dutch club.

Now reports in Holland have revealed the two Premier League clubs are involved in a six-way chase for the 24-year-old.

PSV insist they do not want to lose their star player but could be tempted into selling for around £10m.

A source from the Dutch club reportedly said: "At the moment we have not received any concrete offers for Dzsudzsak."

It says something about him being the best passer in the league this year so guessing he's a central midfielder. Can't say I've heard of him.

Playmaker type of player. Leading the assist table in Ligue 1 with 12 assists.

And Balazs Dzsudzsak - yes please.

I love how were now being linked with loads of class young new european talent.

It makes sense tbh. Whether our interest is genuine is another matter, but we could sign some serious young talent in Europe with £35m.