NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest hobshobs

One of the worst performances I've ever seen from any player came from Bridge against Croatia a fe years back. He was abysmal that night, every pass went astray, he was beaten time and time again and he failed in his tackles. It as as if someone who hadn't played the game before was 'playing'. Awful player these days and a bizzare signing if true. I can only assume Enrique is on his way.

Sounds like we may be getting another Shola then.

I can't believe anyone took the Bridge link seriously. He does not fit Mike Ashley's transfer policy. He's 30 years old and on big wages.

Liverpool and Arsenal both supposedly going for Enrique this week.

He's an England international available on a loan where we will only pay half his wages. Like I said earlier I would imagine Taylor would be considered our future left back in a year's time when we won't renew Bridge's contract. It seems entirely plausible to me. Whether Bridge is still a premier league quality left back is the issue for me. The age or wages doesn't really come into it since it's going to be a short term deal.

Another story put out about NUFC's transfer policy was "NUFC will not be going down the loan route" so there's another reason why it's unlikely we'd go for Bridge.

My point was you seem to be happy for us to sign very average players like Bridge and Gardner purely because of their nationality. I'd rather we stayed away from dross.

He's never once alluded to that btw :lol:

My point was you seem to be happy for us to sign very average players like Bridge and Gardner purely because of their nationality. I'd rather we stayed away from dross.

I never said he definitely did. But there are numerous posts made by him which hint and suggest this fact, which is why I said "it seems".

I never said he definitely did. But there are numerous posts made by him which hint and suggest this fact, which is why I said "it seems".

and tbf, there are numerous posts which hint and suggest that you'd sign anyone as long as they're young, foreign and relatively unknown :laugh:

No chance in hell  we'll sign Bridge. A 30 year old with a salary of 80 000 a week? He's the player archetype that we PREVIOUSLY bought and which almost destroyed the club: old, heavy salary, an inconsistent performer and injury prone.. Come on.

If you read the story then you would know that City would pay half his wages. Again, if you read the story you would see it's a year long loan. Now put two and two together...

Still not going to happen. 40 000 is  too much for such a mediocre player.

It's a lot less that £6m for Mbengue and 40k a week for 5 years.

But Mbenge got potential and is one for the future and I don't think he'll get that much immediately. Bridge is soon the past.  I'm almost willing to drink my own piss if Bridge ends up in black and white..

and tbf, there are numerous posts which hint and suggest that you'd sign anyone as long as they're young, foreign and relatively unknown :laugh:

I want us to sign good, youngish players with the potential to improve for the right prices. The nationality is irrelevant, it only seems this way because there are so few English players who fall into these criteria.

We shouldn't sign British players just because we're British like, we should only sign them if they would improve our squad and we cannot get a better and cheaper equivalent abroad.

We can certainly get better and cheaper than Wayne fucking Bridge.

I'm willing to drink my own p*ss if Bridge ends up in black and white..

Will hold you to that.

Easy now.

In case you did not read my OM: I wrote ALMOST. Dresden just happened to leave that important word out.. :lol:  I'm not seeking to repeat the "if Nolan scores 8 goals.." - saga.

This is true. I did however say I'll choose when, but it still stands.

Maybe Ali can join me.

Nail in own coffin was the first thing that sprung to my mind reading that, he is probably already there waiting for you.