NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Loan with a fee agreed AND another forward coming it would be acceptable, however that would put him about 5th choice for me so it's still a bit of a waste even if it does push Ameobi/Loven completely out of the running.

It would probably be Best getting pushed out before Shola too.

Gianluca Di Marzio

@dimarziotweet Milano

I'm a sports journalist, reporter for Sky Sport in Italy

"close, very close"

Speechless.

Well, that's not very clear.

Don't mean to be crude, but he could be playing with himself for all we know.

What happened to Roux? :(

Think Mark Douglas said at the time the rumour came out that the club told him they had other priorities... that is probably the case rather than french reports of his clause being activated.

@OSullivanMUFC Seán O'Sullivan

Sky Italia claim Macheda to Newcastle: 1-year loan, no option to buy, no recall option. #MUFC #NUFC

3 minutes ago

Can't lie, if that is it on the striker front, then hugely underwhelming. Unbelievably so really.

Cue the Best has proved he warrants an opportunity ... and so we decided to concentrate on getting in some cover ...

Ouchy.

What happened to Roux? :(

Think Mark Douglas said at the time the rumour came out that the club told him they had other priorities... that is probably the case rather than french reports of his clause being activated.

Other priorities being keeping the money.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If it's just Macheda it's a fucking joke. If it's him and another one then fair enough.

Aye. Macheda may turn out to be decent, but it's us cheaping it out and going for the unwanted kid on loan that's the frustrating thing.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He was linked a while back, we rejected it didn't we? Pretty much confirms we've got no other options. :lol:

Guest Heneage

Ah Mike man, just when I think you're finally getting this transfer business lark you go and do this. I honestly thought when Macheda joined Sampdoria it was because Manchester United were attempting to get him prepared for a transfer back to Italy. (Putting him in the shop window for a season essentially).

I think Sewelly might be a better to ask about his form for Sampdoria because I didn't see a great deal of them, of course when a team is relegated they can't have been that great.

Based on what I've seen though I'd say he's clearly a different kind of striker to  what we currently possess. He's a bit more of a wildcard who has a very soft touch and good control.  He's clearly not going to get any chances at Manchester United. I'd imagine it will come out soon if we have a future price agreed because if not it screams of a stop gap signing similar to Rossi.

If it's just Macheda it's a f***ing joke. If it's him and another one then fair enough.

Aye. Macheda may turn out to be decent, but it's us cheaping it out and going for the unwanted kid on loan that's the frustrating thing.

1 goal in 12 for Sampdoria. 1 year loan - no option to buy. It's said before, but you couldn't make it up.

If it's just Macheda it's a fucking joke. If it's him and another one then fair enough.

That would make even less sense though.

Considering what happened with Rossi, if Macheda is really coming here he'd surely have to be a starter. If we brought in someone else as well then Ba, Best and Ameobi would all be benched or out of the squad. Ashley wouldn't pay for that anyway.

Sickening that even if he comes in and stars he just swans back off to Man U. As someone said earlier, we really ought not to be fattening up their cows for them, they have it good enough already for goodness sake.

This reeks of a Sunderland move a la Welbeck last term, so hoping there has been a huge mixup!

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

You can see where the loan idea is coming from, suddenly Best gets 2 goals and now we are gonna give him a shot.