NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Moving away from who is better than who, shola is a crock who cannot be relied upon. Sell him to boost the transfer coffers and sign someone like harewood or Roberts on a free. I bet the wages would be very similar too.

I would certainly not class Harewood better than Shola. Cast your mind back to the beginning of last season, Shola was on fire until he was injured. When Harewood arrived, he failed to score in his first half a dozen games and onlly ended up with 5 in 15. Most people on here were howling to get rid.

Guest Roger Kint

Klasnic, Yakubu, Heskey, Roberts, Beattie and Yakubu are all better players, especially the Yak.

In your opinion.

So, how are you going to prove it then?

Would imagine by pointing out all have scored well in excess of 42 top flight goals in their careers is a decent starting point :pow:

As a good starting point, how are they all faring NOW?

My point is which seems to have escaped you  is that, next season, IMO, I dont think any of those players listed above will perform any better than Shola can for us. Most of them are not even wanted by their respective clubs anyway.

Furthermore, for the majority of their careers in the PL, the likes of Yakubu, Beattie, Roberts etc have b een first choice for their respective c;lubs, something which Ameobi clearly has not b een. Yet, he has still scored goals regularly when started.

However, I wouldnt expect you to agree so it is pointless discussing the matter further.

The point you clearly missed is the definition of STARTING POINT. DOnt begin to assume you have any clue what i have/have not missed

Personally Roberts aside ALL would be better than Shola this season for us. In fact its not even a difficult choice imo.

Klasnic, Yakubu, Heskey, Roberts, Beattie and Yakubu are all better players, especially the Yak.

In your opinion.

Would imagine by pointing out all have scored well in excess of 42 top flight goals in their careers is a decent starting point :pow:

My point is which seems to have escaped you  is that, next season, IMO, I dont think any of those players listed above will perform any better than Shola can for us. Most of them are not even wanted by their respective clubs anyway.

Furthermore, for the majority of their careers in the PL, the likes of Yakubu, Beattie, Roberts etc have b een first choice for their respective c;lubs, something which Ameobi clearly has not b een. Yet, he has still scored goals regularly when started.

However, I wouldnt expect you to agree so it is pointless discussing the matter further.

Macca, Shola had 4 years under Robson and 6 training with Shearer everyday. At 29 (almost) he makes the same stupid mistakes he did at 21, arms across the face whilst challenging in the air, offside more than Benitez, Adebayor and Martins combined, not to mention that ridiculous habbit of lying on the ground and smiling when a decision goes against him.

He's had the time and the teaching but he hasn't learnt and never will. The Shola of 03-06 would be useful next season but even he is long gone. A place on the bench for the current version is fine, but if we need to rely on him, forget it.

I would still like Ryan Taylor at right back tbh. But strength in debth is what any club needs.

I wouldn't.  He is really poor positionally.

After that 'performance' at Leicester I'd hoped that Ryan Taylor would never play for us again. Shocking buy.

Guest BooBoo

Ryan Taylor looked out of his depth at times last season. There's no way on earth he is PL quality.

Guest Roger Kint

In your opinion.

If we are talking purely prem league then Shola's record is as good and in some cases a lot better than those mentioned, all execpt Yakubu whos record  is better, but not by much.

42 top flight league goals since 2000? Ok then

Guest Roger Kint

.com has him down as 61 goals

.com assume most people know the difference between each column on their charts :doh:

Guest BooBoo

Best Shola and Taylor would be lucky to attract the attention of a fart at a bring and buy sale.

Guest Roger Kint

.com has him down as 61 goals

.com assume most people know the difference between each column on their charts :doh:

thast why it says IN ALL COMPETITIONS

:facepalm:

Show me anywhere in this discussion where i mention cups?

Jesus i even give the useless lump the benefit of 10 CHAMPIONSHIP goals, his true figures are only 32 in the TOP FLIGHT

Guest Roger Kint

You question how many goals i credit to him then say you didnt? fucking hell :facepalm:

Anyway, i also say i didnt want Roberts earlier and that i didnt think he would do better than Shola.

Considering this is beyond you and this is a thread about rumours in the press as opposed to whatever your point is we should just stop now.

Back on topic:

Leon Brittain according to .com

In your opinion.

The point you clearly missed is the definition of STARTING POINT. DOnt begin to assume you have any clue what i have/have not missed

Personally Roberts aside ALL would be better than Shola this season for us. In fact its not even a difficult choice imo.

I will assume what I believe is right, regardless of your assumptions. Suffice to say, the powers to be regard Shola valuable enough to keep and I would certainly rely on their superior knowledge of the player ahead of your viewpoints.

In your opinion.

I will assume what I believe is right, regardless of your assumptions. Suffice to say, the powers to be regard Shola valuable enough to keep and I would certainly rely on their superior knowledge of the player ahead of your viewpoints.

those same powers tried to offload him to stoke and saw fit to extend nicky butts contract last season.

i thought shola should have been out on his ear long before he got offered that new contract by jfk for scoring his first goal in 2 years or whatever it was. he's been very lucky to stay as long as he has. his talent's not in question, he can do it but he does look most of the time like he's not trying, ameoberbatov  ;D

still worth holding on to though, when he's fit and concentrating he can make a difference

Guest Roger Kint

You question how many goals i credit to him then say you didnt? f***ing hell :facepalm:

Anyway, i also say i didnt want Roberts earlier and that i didnt think he would do better than Shola.

Considering this is beyond you and this is a thread about rumours in the press as opposed to whatever your point is we should just stop now.

Back on topic:

Leon Brittain according to .com

ah didums, you are obvioulsy in a tiz :snod:

Was just pointing out what his goals record is, and compared to those that have been mentioned, he is as good if not better.

By no means is he a world beater, and I would love for us to have better more prolific strikers, but at the end of the day, he's no where near as bad as what some would have you think.

Unless of course you are just a sholaphobic :fishing:

The only 'tiz'(whateer that fucking is) is when people respond to a post without the ability to read it correctly. You pointed out nothing at all, other than the one player i deemed worse than Shola is 1 whole goal worse off. Going to try and join in the actual topic or spam the thread with more inane rubbish?

Madras

I dont think Chris Hughton was manager of the club at the time.

but you said the powers that be.

Regardless, the lad is still at the club  and should be supported, not vilified by most on here. There again, some on here might prefer an injury prone Viduka instead.

Madras

I dont think Chris Hughton was manager of the club at the time.

but you said the powers that be.

Regardless, the lad is still at the club  and should be supported, not vilified by most on here. There again, some on here might prefer an injury prone Viduka instead.

i've already stated that it annoys me when people have a go at him when he's playing but i'm not going to say he's better than i actually think he is.

Guest BooBoo

My mate reckons there's a story in the papers linking us with Jenas. He's not one to bullshit either (my mate that is, not JJ).