NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I'd take obrien as cover personally.

I think we need to use our limited funds to upgrade the quality of the squad rather than bring in players who are arguably no better than our young hopefuls.

And it's not cover that we need. It's first team players.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/809127/MAGPIES-FANCY-OLD-BOY-OBRIEN.html

Andy "Concorde" O'brien linked in the NOTW. It has to be crap though because it would be the most brainless signing ever.

Cheap, experienced cover. I'd take him if he cost next to nowt. We're potentially going into a season with Taylor, Coloccini and Williamson as our only seasoned centre-backs. I like Kadar but it would be nice to have him as a 'last resort' option, or even get him out on loan in the Championship. Someone like O'Brien would be a tidy sort of signing, but i'd rather we hung on for Fitz.

I would rather play Kadar as I think he's better right now than O'Brien. As for him being cheap, if a player who isn't good enough for Bolton is the sort of signing we are looking at we might as well give up right now. It will be another Leon Best signing all over again.

Kadar is miles better than O'Brien ever has been or will be.

not from what i've seen. definite prospect with bags of potential but o'brien from the season we finished 3rd is quite a bit better than kadar is now.

So we can keep score of how many they get right.

pablo imanez and chico flores (sunday sun)

dimitar berbatov (manchester evening news)

billy ions (sunday sun)

darren pratley,marc wilson,jeremain lens (the people)

arune dindane (l'equipe)

tom eaves (daily mail)

Our best bet is probably Tom Eaves from the Daily Mail. Never heard of him, is he at least a sports writer?

billy ions (sunday sun)

arune dindane (l'equipe)

tom eaves (daily mail)

Our best bet is probably Tom Eaves from the Daily Mail.  Never heard of him, is he at least a sports writer?

Billy Ions???Does he bollocks.

billy ions (sunday sun)

arune dindane (l'equipe)

tom eaves (daily mail)

Our best bet is probably Tom Eaves from the Daily Mail.  Never heard of him, is he at least a sports writer?

17 year old Oldham striker iirc.

Heard we were after this portugese guy called To Madeira.

Quote from wiki:

"The first release of the game included a player named "Tó Madeira", a great striker no matter where he played. It was later revealed that Tó Madeira was not a real footballer, but in fact a fictional player created by a scout working for the game producers."

Heard we were after this portugese guy called To Madeira.

Quote from wiki:

"The first release of the game included a player named "Tó Madeira", a great striker no matter where he played. It was later revealed that Tó Madeira was not a real footballer, but in fact a fictional player created by a scout working for the game producers."

Some boy this guy was and for what? £150k?! Great memories.