NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Phil K

Would be an upgrade on what we have but doubt the majority of fans, or Jenas, would accept this.

Not at first no, considering how he mouthed off when leaving, or his dreadful reputation along with bling-buddies Dyer and Bramble and to a lesser extent Bellamy, he'll be held in a very low opinion by the fans. He can, of course win them over. But the likes of Jenas isn't mentally capable I don't think of doing so, or making sufficient effort.

I would rather have O'Hara at that price, assuming he's available.

Wouldn't come. He's your typical Lahndener. Gets nosebleeds at Teddington.

Where does this o'hara is a typical knees up mather braan, apples and pears, claret all over yer boat race, alwight geezar, you muggy mug sy, fackin Danny Dyer for prime minister, chaz and Dave on the music box Cockney geeeezar would never leave lahndan stuff come from?

It may all be true but I have no idea where it comes from other than him being a cockerknee.

Where does this o'hara is a typical knees up mather braan, apples and pears, claret all over yer boat race, alwight geezar, you muggy mug sy, fackin Danny Dyer for prime minister, chaz and Dave on the music box Cockney geeeezar would never leave lahndan stuff come from?

It may all be true but I have no idea where it comes from other than him being a cockerknee.

It's probably his slutty wife

Guest Roger Kint

The only things i have heard of him outside of the pitch are his slapper and the fact he loves fishing

I don't get either, he seems ok.

I don't get either, he seems ok.

Just seen lots of people mention it but never seen anything to substantiate it.

If there is any truth in this then one of our current central mids is on his way.  I would like to think it would be Nolan, who did a vital job in hitting the net last season but little else, and he won't get that space to score his goals in the Premiership. Jenas will have a job to get the fans on his side but he is a proper box to box midfielder with legs and an engine and he will do more for us next season than Nolan imo.

If there is any truth in this then one of our current central mids is on his way.  I would like to think it would be Nolan, who did a vital job in hitting the net last season but little else, and he won't get that space to score his goals in the Premiership. Jenas will have a job to get the fans on his side but he is a proper box to box midfielder with legs and an engine and he will do more for us next season than Nolan imo.

Not a fan of Nolan in the premiership but Smith would be much, MUCH higher on my goodbyes list.

Not a fan of Nolan in the premiership but Smith would be much, MUCH higher on my goodbyes list.

I picked out Nolan because he is supposedly the same type of player as Jenas and it would be like for like in what they offer (in theory). Smith is a holding midfielder and yes I would like him gone but replaced by a beast of a defensive midfielder.

Although Jenas can get a few goals I can't think of two different players. Jenas is all energy, with a little end product and sideways passing.

Nolan is as energetic as a battery powered stair lift.

Although Jenas can get a few goals I can't think of two different players. Jenas is all energy, with a little end product and sideways passing.

Nolan is as energetic as a battery powered stair lift.

Well yes but Nolan is, in theory, a box to box midfielder and in his heyday at Bolton he did get up and down the pitch pretty well. These days he doesn't do that and I think his goal threat will diminish next season so he won't give us much at all. Which is why I think JJ who at least has some energy will offer us more doing the box to box job next season.

If we resign Jenas it would be a damning indictment on our scouting system, regardless of whether he's better than Barton/Guthrie or not.  Considering Spurs will be looking for £7-8m, we should be looking abroad for someone who, for that money, will probably be much better than Jenas. 

Not to mention the fact that we'll more than likely not spend that much money altogether, never mind on one player.  :lol: