NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

On the outset, that article frightens the life out of me. However it really would be something to build a successful squad from scratch, using incremental steps and careful, sensible spending. I've got faith in Hughton to pick out two or three decent players for us. I really wish it was the Premiership bargain bucket, though.

out of idle curiosity why? its a loan move being mooted not like we're paying stupid money for him

Guest Heneage

He's looked utter dogshite for Juve.

the whole juve team has looked clueless this season

There's 3 maybe 4 who've come out with dignity. Luckily it's the Italian ones so they shouldn't fuck up World Cup, really the squad needs an injection of youth and pace.

The free transfer players will cost us money. They will demand a 'sign on fee' and if it's a good player the fee will be high.

Yes and no. If NUFC offer a contract to a player who is out of contract and they say they want a signing on fee and higher wages due to them not costing a transfer fee NUFC can say no. We want players who want to play for us. If a player is more interested in the money side than the playing side we don't want them. An out of contract player doesn't have to demand a signing on fee or higher than their usual rate wages. I understand everyone is out to get the best for themselves but if a player would rather sign for e.g. West Brom rather than us because of money it's probably not a player we want. We've had enough of the mercenaries.

Linked with K.Boyd again. The fella is better than Larsson if scoring goals in the SPL is a indicator & he scored a shed load for a shit team like Killie as well. But haway man AC is our main striker, so we cant sign Boydie ffs.

Guest elbee909

Sundat Sun caught on to the Kevin Constant rumour

I'm expecting Constant speculation throughout the summer

I expect Constant puns when he signs.

What's up with all this Constant craving?

Sundat Sun caught on to the Kevin Constant rumour

I'm expecting Constant speculation throughout the summer

I expect Constant puns when he signs.

What's up with all this Constant craving?

where gonna sign KD Laing ?

I don't get all this Boyd talk - I mean, haven't we already got Leon Best...?

Despite him only playing in the Scottish Premier League, he has been profilic. The same cannot be said of Leon Best.

I think the Championship and the Scottish Prem are comparible in terms of footballing standard, in which Boyd would be a much better option going into the Premier League.

Leon Best did fuck all for us at Chapionship level so he's going to do less than fuck all in the Premier League.

is it not 'cause he's free?  i assumed that's why he was a dead cert to leave rangers, and we're expected to only bring in frees and loans or some shit

Despite him only playing in the Scottish Premier League, he has been profilic. The same cannot be said of Leon Best.

I think the Championship and the Scottish Prem are comparible in terms of footballing standard, in which Boyd would be a much better option going into the Premier League.

Leon Best did fuck all for us at Chapionship level so he's going to do less than fuck all in the Premier League.

You're right - Best is shit and will do nothing in the Prem. But Boyd is also shit.

"Free" is not free when you consider wages and signing on fees. Yes, I was being snide and sarcastic, but I stand by the intent that there's no point in signing shit players just because they're "free" if they will add nothing to the squad...

(Unless we're going to sign shit players with the intention of selling other shit players in order to raise funds)