NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Didnt he say he hated it up here? That and the infamous 'goldfish bowl' comment. Doubt he'd come back tbh.

Well, I doubt he's got a chance to end up at a bigger club than Newcastle if he leaves Spurs. The only team I think would suit him better than us would probably be Fulham. None of the Top 10 will have him I'd say. He has stagnated a bit at Spurs and he's a few years older than last time he was here. I think he would be a realistic signing and a good signing at that.

Jenas has all the attributes you would want in a midfielder, but it's like he seems to bottle it when the lights come on and it's time to perform. Having said that, someone like Hughton might be really good for him as he inspires confidence in his players and is a very calm and steady type. Jenas generally seems to lack the confidence to try things, and looks like he plays not to make mistakes a lot of the time, which isn't good. He'll need to be encouraged to be more positive, which Hughton seems good at, and so it could work.

£5m is what we're trying to get him for apparently. Dunno, would be an improvement. Although o was quite looking forward to a season where even if we were struggling I liked our players and that when we lost it was due to lack of ability rather than lack of effort/trying to be a smart arse.

i'd still try to bring in darren ambrose again. he'll be full of confidence from last season and want to try and step it up in the premier league. couldn't imagine he'd cost a fortune to bring in either and would be a canny addition to the squad

Jenas would be a huge risk that's for sure. He would have to play pretty well from the outset, because of he starts poorly he won't be given much of a chance by the fans. He isn't a strong character at all either, so he will completely implode if things aren't going well for him.

Guest Roger Kint

Didnt he say he hated it up here? That and the infamous 'goldfish bowl' comment. Doubt he'd come back tbh.

Well, I doubt he's got a chance to end up at a bigger club than Newcastle if he leaves Spurs. The only team I think would suit him better than us would probably be Fulham. None of the Top 10 will have him I'd say. He has stagnated a bit at Spurs and he's a few years older than last time he was here. I think he would be a realistic signing and a good signing at that.

Depending on how the Milner story ends i could see him fitting in at Villa, is a O'Neil type of player ie English and mobile. There wont be a lot of takers like you say though other than them of Fulham. The obvious problem being he would never come back and some fans probably wouldnt want him either.

The thing with Jenas is he does the all of the basics fairly well but he stands out at nothing.

He's not a strong tackler, not a great passer, doesn't score goals, not the best header, doesn't break up play fantastically etc etc.

He would be an overall improvement on the likes of Smith/Nolan because he brings some movement and he's ok at everything but I'd rather bring in an Ox of a defensive midfielder if we're intent on keeping Nolan meaning we can better afford the luxury of him being 'missing in action' for the best part of 90 minutes.

Also, I would think Everton would be interested in Jenas because they've made bids in the past.

The thing with Jenas is he does the all of the basics fairly well but he stands out at nothing.

He's not a strong tackler, not a great passer, doesn't score goals, not the best header, doesn't break up play fantastically etc etc.

He would be an overall improvement on the likes of Smith/Nolan because he brings some movement and he's ok at everything but I'd rather bring in an Ox of a defensive midfielder if we're intent on keeping Nolan meaning we can better afford the luxury of him being 'missing in action' for the best part of 90 minutes.

Also, I would think Everton would be interested in Jenas because they've made bids in the past.

This - Nail on head.