NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

not too many I am convinced can make the step up.....I was fairly impressed with Nicky Maynard though.

I said it already, but there are some good experienced players also in the Dutch and Belgian leagues like Lucas Biglia (Argentine midfielder for Anderlecht) who could definitely do a job. Same for the Argentine league also....many clubs there are having terrible financial problems also and have to sell some of their good players on the cheap. Worth a look.

Kevin Constant - 23 year old striker from Ligue 2 side Chateauroux. (10 goals and 8 assists last season)

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2010/20100515_082051_constant-va-quitter-chateauroux.html

There's a good 10 minute video of him in action somewhere. Not just spectacular moments - it gives you an idea of his general play.

He looks more like an attacking midfielder than an out and out striker. Looks like he can handle the physical side. No superstar, but I was quite impressed.

Guest Roger Kint

Just watched that now, never heard of him before but certainly has something about him. Movement and awareness seem decent, can pass and finish. Whether he can do it at a good level is open to debate seeing as his teammates seem to be pretty shocking which helps him stand out.

Few have improved more during his time on Tyneside than former Leeds United and Manchester United striker turned midfielder Alan Smith.

I actually laughed aloud at that part. I'm convinced that if Hughton really has a good look at the free transfers list, we could get some crackers. We could easily stay up only on free transfers, but only with certain ones (mostly from abroad). He'd have to act very fast and sell the club a lot.

Guest Antec

Few have improved more during his time on Tyneside than former Leeds United and Manchester United striker turned midfielder Alan Smith.

I actually laughed aloud at that part. I'm convinced that if Hughton really has a good look at the free transfers list, we could get some crackers. We could easily stay up only on free transfers, but only with certain ones (mostly from abroad). He'd have to act very fast and sell the club a lot.

That much has been proved by Toffees boss Moyes, a former manager of Preston North End who has drawn on his experience of football’s second tier to sign players like Joleon Lescott and Phil Jagielka from Wolverhampton Wanderers and Sheffield United respectively, before moulding them into proven Premier League performers.

“David Moyes has done it in the past, signing players from this level and taking them successfully into the Premier League,” Hughton noted.

Aye Chris but he paid a fair few quid for them, not the bargain bucket shite you'll be looking at

Guest MrSundlofer

The free transfer players will cost us money. They will demand a 'sign on fee' and if it's a good player the fee will be high.

That much has been proved by Toffees boss Moyes, a former manager of Preston North End who has drawn on his experience of football’s second tier to sign players like Joleon Lescott and Phil Jagielka from Wolverhampton Wanderers and Sheffield United respectively, before moulding them into proven Premier League performers.

“David Moyes has done it in the past, signing players from this level and taking them successfully into the Premier League,” Hughton noted.

Aye Chris but he paid a fair few quid for them, not the bargain bucket s**** you'll be looking at

Yeah exactly what I thought when I read those quotes. Think Lescott was £5 mill and Jagielka was £4 mill. I don't think the championship has ever been regarded as a cheap league to buy from

On the outset, that article frightens the life out of me. However it really would be something to build a successful squad from scratch, using incremental steps and careful, sensible spending. I've got faith in Hughton to pick out two or three decent players for us. I really wish it was the Premiership bargain bucket, though.

Guest neesy111

He's looked utter dogshite for Juve.

the whole juve team has looked clueless this season