NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

i'd be amazed if we were even thinking of bringing a goalkeeper.  We are hardly awash with money and every other part of the team is in need of strengthening,  we need a left back and striker desperately and with our injuries a midfielder would be handy.  i'm expecting both Barton & Tiote to be serving 2 match bans by March for collectin ten yellow cards so we could do with some cover.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/174327/Battle-is-on-for-Newcastle-s-8m-Jose-Enrique/

Think he will sign a new contract. He is worth more than 8m thats for sure.

p.s. Love the fact they they quote 8m for Enrique then say Gordon is worth 15m.

Mirror reckons we are going back in for Larsson, wouldnt be a suprise. He is obviously going in the summer pretty sure he will move somewhere on Monday.

He's 25 and easily the best LB in the league after Cole and Evra. Being newly promoted is irrelevant.

It's not "irrelevant". He was alright in the relegation season, but his best performances have occurred in the Championship and this season. That's not really a big enough sample size for most clubs to justify spending that much. He's not easily the third best LB either considering his complete lack of attacking game and lack of technical ability.

He's 25 and easily the best LB in the league after Cole and Evra. Being newly promoted is irrelevant.

It's not "irrelevant". He was alright in the relegation season, but his best performances have occurred in the Championship and this season. That's not really a big enough sample size for most clubs to justify spending that much. He's not easily the third best LB either considering his complete lack of attacking game and lack of technical ability.

wrong. he was defensivly as good in the relegation season as he is now.

Guest palnese

Que?

Que?

Que?

Actually you are correct, he doesn't really lack technical ability, it's more that he has difficulty completing passes and gives the ball away a fair bit. In an attacking sense, he's not a very good crosser, and rarely creates a threat in the opponents final third.

Que?

Actually you are correct, he doesn't really lack technical ability, it's more that he has difficulty completing passes and gives the ball away a fair bit. In an attacking sense, he's not a very good crosser, and rarely creates a threat in the opponents final third.

Come off it.

so he likes England now?

Just 2 seasons ago he said he wouldn`t renew his contract with QPR and said this....

Taarbat went on to praise the standard of football in Spain and hit out at the quality of the Premier League.

“England is not for me, I think La Liga is the best League for me. [i don't like] how they play in England, I like to play football. I look at teams like Bolton, Stoke or Wolves and say 'There is just no point for me'. I hate that style of football.”

Guest neesy111

Enrique 8 Million a fair price, your having a laugh aren't ya.  For the price of some transfer deals are going I would want £18M minimum.

Enrique is easily one of our key players and the best full back this club has had in many years. I'd be gutted if we lost him, 8M would be an insult.

You can virtually guarantee a club of our stature would not find a better left back.

Guest sicko2ndbest

And the Sunday Sun understands United WILL make progress on the signing front today, with an announcement being lined up for lunchtime if things go to plan.

Sunday sun