NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

“We’ve lost Wayne Routledge from the squad so I at least want to replace him. I’m not saying we are going to sign a winger necessarily, but we do want somebody to come in and fill that gap in the squad.

“I’m not anxious. I think this window has been quite normal. Everyone is waiting until the last moment. A lot of the deals are basically done, but people are waiting to see whether they get a better offer at the last minute. We’ve put a couple of offers in this week and we’re hopeful we’ll get something done. The way it’s looking at the moment that probably won’t happen until Monday, and we hope there are no last-minute hitches.”

“I want to sign players, but I will only do it if the deal is right. I’m not going to be held to ransom. The deal has to be right for the right player. We had the news about Andy Carroll, and he’s still out. We’re going to be sweating on him for Arsenal, so that’s disappointing, but it doesn’t change my thinking in the transfer window.

Maybe it would have if Shola, Besty, Nile and Peter hadn’t done so well, but we’re not going to be bringing in a panic buy. This won’t change the course of events in the next few days.”

Done so well? If any of them (bar possibly Best for the Wham hattrick) had had their shooting boots on when they deputised for AC we would be sitting here with 4 more league points and possibly still be in the FA cup. We've not played badly, but none of them can be relied on to get us the goals in Carroll's absence.

Guest pont-toon

This morning's Journal reckons the club are still confident that their tabled bids for two players (Ireland plus another unknown target) will be accepted on Monday.

Adam Johnson.

:D

“We’ve lost Wayne Routledge from the squad so I at least want to replace him. [glow=red,2,300]I’m not saying we are going to sign a winger necessarily, but we do want somebody to come in and fill that gap in the squad.[/glow]

“I’m not anxious. I think this window has been quite normal. Everyone is waiting until the last moment. A lot of the deals are basically done, but people are waiting to see whether they get a better offer at the last minute. We’ve put a couple of offers in this week and we’re hopeful we’ll get something done. The way it’s looking at the moment that probably won’t happen until Monday, and we hope there are no last-minute hitches.”

“I want to sign players, but I will only do it if the deal is right. I’m not going to be held to ransom. The deal has to be right for the right player. We had the news about Andy Carroll, and he’s still out. We’re going to be sweating on him for Arsenal, so that’s disappointing, but it doesn’t change my thinking in the transfer window.

“Maybe it would have if Shola, Besty, Nile and Peter hadn’t done so well, but we’re not going to be bringing in a panic buy. This won’t change the course of events in the next few days.”

That bit means i hope in the summer we will get a replacement in for Routledge and just live without for now which makes sense

“We’ve lost Wayne Routledge from the squad so I at least want to replace him. I’m not saying we are going to sign a winger necessarily, but we do want somebody to come in and fill that gap in the squad.

Maybe it would have if Shola, Besty, Nile and Peter hadn’t done so well, but we’re not going to be bringing in a panic buy. This won’t change the course of events in the next few days.”

Done so well? If any of them (bar possibly Best for the Wham hattrick) had had their shooting boots on when they deputised for AC we would be sitting here with 4 more league points and possibly still be in the FA cup.

Their lack of shooting boots didn't cost us those last minute goals.

Done so well? If any of them (bar possibly Best for the Wham hattrick) had had their shooting boots on when they deputised for AC we would be sitting here with 4 more league points and possibly still be in the FA cup.

I was led to believe a win was worth 3 points regardless of how many goals you concede?

I was led to believe a win was worth 3 points regardless of how many goals you concede?

Eh? You could easily invert that to "a win is worth 3 points regardless of how many goals you score". ??? Regardless of the performance of the strikers, it was mistakes at the other end that cost us points, as we had both games about as close to won as possible.

Eh? You could easily invert that to "a win is worth 3 points regardless of how many goals you score". ??? Regardless of the performance of the strikers, it was mistakes at the other end that cost us points, as we had both games about as close to won as possible.

Pardew's comment I chose to question was not related to mistakes at the back though, was it? He was suggesting we had able options up front even if Carroll is not available and the last games had proved as much. I don't think this is the case and point towards the last games as evidence that we could have achieved more if we had a better second striker rather than the 4 mediocre ones he is referring to, who are at best back up options. Do you disagree, because I will happily list the sitters they have all missed which could have turned the draws into wins? The problem in these matches has not been a generally dodgy back five or an inability to create chances, it's been the quality up front to put these chances away convincingly...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Very good keeper from what I've seen of him.

Agree his save from QPR captain last week was incredible

Do we need to strengthen one of our our strongest positions?

I'd say he pushes Harper close, and might allow us to give Krul & Forster one more season each out on loan before fighting it out.

doubt he'd move unless he was guarenteed first team football. No better than Forster/Krul than what I've seen of him although that isn't much.

Made a bad error for QPR's first goal when they played at the Ricoh not so long ago.

Very highly rated though.

I think Westwood is out of contract in the Summer and earlier in the season, Celtic fans seemed to think he would be going there in the Summer hence the reason for loaning Forster for the year.

I can never understand why the media constantly link us with goalkeepers as that has never been the main area of concern.  Other areas are far more of a priority.

I think Westwood is out of contract in the Summer and earlier in the season, Celtic fans seemed to think he would be going there in the Summer hence the reason for loaning Forster for the year.

I can never understand why the media constantly link us with goalkeepers as that has never been the main area of concern.  Other areas are far more of a priority.

been rumours recently that krul isn't very highly rated within the pardew regime.

I can never understand why the media constantly link us with goalkeepers as that has never been the main area of concern.  Other areas are far more of a priority.

been rumours recently that krul isn't very highly rated within the pardew regime.

More than  likely nothing I just found it strange how Woodman named the keepers

"And we’re all – me, Steve, Ole Soderberg, Tim Krul and Fraser Forster – part of their team. When they let in a goal, I feel the pain just as much as they do.”