NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

And the Sunday Sun understands United WILL make progress on the signing front today, with an announcement being lined up for lunchtime if things go to plan.

I'll save you the wait, I'm only having soup.

I've told you all a million times that with Ben Arfa back, we'll be top 4.

If you really think that then you gone down in my estimations. But hey we're definitely top 7 with Ben Arfa in the team and if he keeps up the level of performance that he had before the injury.

We still lack a decent striker to play of Carroll. Shola, Best, Ranger and Lovenkrands are to average at the moment. Would love to see a quality striker but for us to get that we need to qualify for europe otherwise we're just going to assemble bunch of mediocre strikers.

Guest neesy111

From Guillem Balague SkySports.com Blog:

Hi Guillem, Even though I support Newcastle I watch a lot of Spanish football and I would like to know if they any young players that maybe Newcastle will be able to purchase cheap with great potential just like Jose Enrique who is becoming a top talent. Maybe someone like Thiago from Barcelona which is a doubt but the few times I seen him he seems to be a class act and from what I've heard of watching La Liga on a weekend is that his contract is up soon? So maybe there is a chance of maybe signing? Daniel Mckinley

GUILLEM SAYS: Surprisingly, Newcastle were thinking of signing Jose Angel from Sporting Gijon - a left-back who is only 21 and would be a replacement for Jose Enrique. He'd be a great replacement as well because I think he is going to be one of the best left backs in the country. Apart from him, I don't think Newcastle have shown much interest in signing young targets from Spain.

And the Sunday Sun understands United WILL make progress on the signing front today, with an announcement being lined up for lunchtime if things go to plan.

Sunday sun

Scottwilsonecho Scott Wilson

Sunday morning Murray then monitoring transfer business for me. Famous last words, but don't expect much to happen today.

This story is no surprise to long term followers of Taraabt as him & legion of advisor's really do think he should be at one of Real Madrid, Barca or Man Utd.

From Guillem Balague SkySports.com Blog:

Hi Guillem, Even though I support Newcastle I watch a lot of Spanish football and I would like to know if they any young players that maybe Newcastle will be able to purchase cheap with great potential just like Jose Enrique who is becoming a top talent. Maybe someone like Thiago from Barcelona which is a doubt but the few times I seen him he seems to be a class act and from what I've heard of watching La Liga on a weekend is that his contract is up soon? So maybe there is a chance of maybe signing? Daniel Mckinley

GUILLEM SAYS: Surprisingly, Newcastle were thinking of signing Jose Angel from Sporting Gijon - a left-back who is only 21 and would be a replacement for Jose Enrique. He'd be a great replacement as well because I think he is going to be one of the best left backs in the country. Apart from him, I don't think Newcastle have shown much interest in signing young targets from Spain.

Certainly sounds like we've been looking for replacements for Jose, there's been quite a few left backs linked.

Hope he gets this contract done, but if he doesn't we do need to be looking at other targets as replacements.

I'll save you the wait, I'm only having soup.

Irish stew?

So no other links to players other than Ireland?

If he's the only one in it's pretty poor by all involved tbh.

Can't agree there. It will be a great transfer window if we kept hold of Carroll, Barton, Tiote, Enrique etc. and manage to bring in HBA & Ireland.

Prices are so inflated and players are so reluctant to move in January that you'll struggle to make wholesale changes.

Can't agree there. It will be a great transfer window if we kept hold of Carroll, Barton, Tiote, Enrique etc. and manage to bring in HBA & Ireland.

Prices are so inflated and players are so reluctant to move in January that you'll struggle to make wholesale changes.

Populist bollocks. There has been loads of decent signings this Jan.

Really?

Really?

Maybe not in the Premiership but if you cast your net a bit wider yes.

Rakitic, the 2 defenders from espanyol, Andrea Barzagli, Pazzini, Buenonotte, & Gary Medel have all moved for below what is probably their true value off the top of my head.

Really?

Rakitic, the 2 defenders from espanyol, Andrea Barzagli, Pazzini, Buenonotte, & Gary Medel have all moved for below what is probably their true value off the top of my head.

We play in the Premier League, so your point is moot. Only Bent has moved for big money so far and that's fairly unprecedented for this time of year.

I honestly couldn't give the tiniest little shit about any of the foreign leagues.  Shit, violent fans, diving that is worst than than the premier league and referees that send a players off for blowing on an opponent.

It annoys me that Sky wastes so much of my subscription on foreign football that I don't watch.

Really?

We play in the Premier League, so your point is moot. Only Bent has moved for big money so far and that's fairly unprecedented for this time of year.

But we are allowed to buy players from outside of it. Hell, even HBA was a potentially a steal at what we paid. You need to be creative in the January window.

I honestly couldn't give the tiniest little shit about any of the foreign leagues.  Shit, violent fans, diving that is worst than than the premier league and referees that send a players off for blowing on an opponent.

It annoys me that Sky wastes so much of my subscription on foreign football that I don't watch.

:lol:

:lol: class rant.

I honestly couldn't give the tiniest little s*** about any of the foreign leagues.  s***, violent fans, diving that is worst than than the premier league and referees that send a players off for blowing on an opponent.

I feel the same way. I swear a few years ago we could press the red button and watch any of the games.