NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I guess IF Pards does get the £35m to spend then we will have players that have been scouted as options IE the Tiote deal, give him options and don't piss away millions on the likes of Zoggy & Cole.

He has worked with Cole so he is well scouted/known by Pardew.

Ben Arfa cost about £7 million in total he is not a bargain ffs!!!

I think it is personally.

Nick Shorey for £25K is a bargain. HBA for loan fee + transfer fee is no a bargain it may turn out a good deal but for me it will never be a bargain.

Everything is relative. But it is a bargain, especially when you consider that Scum paid a similar fee for Bebe. Take a look on youtube man, and see what skills the lad possesses. He's a magician.

Nick Shorey for £25K is a bargain. HBA for loan fee + transfer fee is no a bargain it may turn out a good deal but for me it will never be a bargain.

Everything is relative. But it is a bargain, especially when you consider that Scum paid a similar fee for Bebe. Take a look on youtube man, and see what skills the lad possesses. He's a magician.

Spot on it is relative, £7 million is a expensive transfer for us, while £7 million for MUFC squad player is par for the course for them.

Definitely think he could end up as a bargain like.

Already started playing down notions of spending the Carroll money I see.

Also reacted to that. If they want to find bargains as backups than fine, but they have to find quality player to show ambition.

If this is linked to Pardew' comments re: Joey Barton then I'm happy to see I'm becoming less cynical. Not that I would trust MA to spend it like.

Maybe they are trying to combat the inevitable over valuations from other clubs?

Think that's been suggested every single transfer window. Apart from City and Chelsea, I can't see why they'd need to do anything more than any other club does. Nobody wants to be ripped off.

Maybe they are trying to combat the inevitable over valuations from other clubs?

Think that's been suggested every single transfer window. Apart from City and Chelsea, I can't see why they'd need to do anything more than any other club does. Nobody wants to be ripped off.

Steve Bruce will disagree.

But this is the first time we have sold a player for so much. The sale of Carroll would no doubt add a few more £m on any striker we approach this summer than it would have if he hadn't been sold.

In all honesty I don't expect us to spend much this summer but just thought I would put another possible option forward.

Clubs don't negotiate through the press.  They don't set prices based on something a manager does or doesn't say in an interview. Is what he's saying lies? Truth? It doesn't matter at all. The quotes are for us plebs. Real business gets taken care of behind closed doors.

Really?, I thought The Sun handled our transfer business? :lol:

Should have stuck with :rolleyes: sunshine.  

I'm only saying there's no point in attaching value to anything said about this stuff.  

I should have, but I'm a 2.0 poster.  Nobody said anything is negotiated in the press.  What's being suggested is that it might not really be a good idea to keep saying "We have £35m and we'll spend it all in the summer", its not just the fans of NUFC who read those comments.

Guest MrSundlofer

I guess IF Pards does get the £35m to spend...

"I said to Mike: 'Look, this money has to be reinvested in the team. All of it,'"

Still don't know why people don't get it - we won't spend £35M on players in the next transfer window. 'The Carroll money' will be spent on transfer fees, sign on fees and wage...

I guess IF Pards does get the £35m to spend...

"I said to Mike: 'Look, this money has to be reinvested in the team. All of it,'"

Still don't know why people don't get it - we won't spend £35M on players in the next transfer window. 'The Carroll money' will be spent on transfer fees, sign on fees and wage...

Exactly. And it's important that some of the money is used to tie Tiote , Barton and Enrique down.