NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

He was good.  We've all said that it was difficult for Colo to show his true worth in that season as he was often left exposed by our woeful midfield.  Bassong put up with this and still looked good.  You could tell he had sommat about him as early as the Coventry cup game.  He's worth decent money - but it would be a retrograde step for us to bring him back.

He was good.  We've all said that it was difficult for Colo to show his true worth in that season as he was often left exposed by our woeful midfield.  Bassong put up with this and still looked good.  You could tell he had sommat about him as early as the Coventry cup game.  He's worth decent money - but it would be a retrograde step for us to bring him back.

Thats why no one was willing to pay 8mil for Colo on the base of that dreadful first year. If some one offer that to him he would have been off. I don't think Bassong says I want to go his offer came pretty early and he was sold right away. The likes of Duff or Beye in the mean time stay long and didn't want to play. Thus creating bad habit in the team.

He's easily worth £8M.

He's worth more like £12m. Like Distin, Robert,  Zog, Arfa and Anelka French players come with a reputation for moodiness, but they have a high value because they are quality players.  Would we have got HBA for that price if he was flawless in character? I can understand people being wary of going back for players who have left, but if they have found grass isn't greener on the other side then they might be better characters for it, like Anelka.

Thats why no one was willing to pay 8mil for Colo on the base of that dreadful first year. If some one offer that to him he would have been off. I don't think Bassong says I want to go his offer came pretty early and he was sold right away. The likes of Duff or Beye in the mean time stay long and didn't want to play. Thus creating bad habit in the team.

None of that response relates at all to what I said. 

None of that response relates at all to what I said. 

Yep,Bassong put in a decent shift at left back in that cup game.

Bassong stood out in an awful season. He was a tad overhyped and was never worth what Spurs paid.

I kinda disagree. I don't think he was overhyped at all and at the time people were saying 8m was a bit of a bargain. He was great for us, one of our players of the season but was surrounded by retards with zero confidence. He's still a solid player but it'd be awkward as hell if he rejoined us!

/my2cents

Bassong and Coloccini, in hindsight, would've been a quality partnership - one of (if not the) best we've had in the Premier League. Frustrating, but i wouldn't have him back. Any promise that guy showed was tainted by him jumping ship when we went down. I wouldn't go near anyone who left us the year we went down, no way.

Bassong's a terrific athlete with fast feet and a good tackle. He'll be a top defender in time.

Has the physical attributes to be a top player just needs to learn the game a bit better.

Bassong's a terrific athlete with fast feet and a good tackle. He'll be a top defender in time.

His first touch, woeful passing & lack of game time at Spurs could hinder his advancement to the top. He will be a good partner for one of the so called ball playing CBs.

Bassong and Coloccini, in hindsight, would've been a quality partnership - one of (if not the) best we've had in the Premier League. Frustrating, but i wouldn't have him back. Any promise that guy showed was tainted by him jumping ship when we went down. I wouldn't go near anyone who left us the year we went down, no way.

I think that a surprising attitude towards him tbh

Since the single, solitary, reason that some of the current players are here right now.. is not out of loyalty, or a determination to put the relegation season right...  It's because their wage packet was too large.  They wanted to stick around, knowing they have no relegation wage cut in their contracts, and definitely not wanting to take a pay cut to play top flight football.

Bassong was actually our best performer that year too, did a lot better than his bigger name team mates.  For the most part got on with it.  Plus the club needed the money too..  

Since the single, solitary, reason that some of the current players are here right now.. is not out of loyalty, or a determination to put the relegation season right...  It's because their wage packet was too large.  They wanted to stick around, knowing they have no relegation wage cut in their contracts, and definitely not wanting to take a pay cut to play top flight football.

Bassong was actually our best performer that year too, did a lot better than his bigger name team mates.  For the most part got on with it.  Plus the club needed the money too.. 

Whether or not you can 'blame' them for leaving... they took us down and then fucked off. That's the fundamental aspect of it here, and i wouldn't have any single one of them back.

Since the single, solitary, reason that some of the current players are here right now.. is not out of loyalty, or a determination to put the relegation season right...  It's because their wage packet was too large.  They wanted to stick around, knowing they have no relegation wage cut in their contracts, and definitely not wanting to take a pay cut to play top flight football.

Bassong was actually our best performer that year too, did a lot better than his bigger name team mates.  For the most part got on with it.  Plus the club needed the money too.. 

Whether or not you can 'blame' them for leaving... they took us down and then f***ed off. That's the fundamental aspect of it here, and i wouldn't have any single one of them back.

:thup:

Whether or not you can 'blame' them for leaving... they took us down and then fucked off. That's the fundamental aspect of it here, and i wouldn't have any single one of them back.

When you say "they took us down and then fucked off" they only fucked off because better teams came in for them. Charles Imsomnia is still playing in the premier division and wasn't sold by Wigan for £10m. Nicky Butt was given a new contract for his loyal service and is playing where now? Japan?

:dontknow: Not fussed - maybe i'm being OTT, but that's just how i stand on the matter. Those players left because they'd have rather continued to play in a division where, by and large, they didn't deserve to be... rather than show a modicum of respect or care for the club they just relegated, stay, and bring us back up.

As i've said, whether you can 'blame' them for that or whether or not you find that understandable - it's irrelevant. Seeing any of them sign for us again would take the piss, imo. It just wouldn't sit right with me.

None of the players that bailed deserve another crack at NUFC.

:dontknow: Not fussed - maybe i'm being OTT, but that's just how i stand on the matter. Those players left because they'd have rather continued to play in a division where, by and large, they didn't deserve to be... rather than show a modicum of respect or care for the club they just relegated, stay, and bring us back up.

As i've said, whether you can 'blame' them for that or whether or not you find that understandable - it's irrelevant. Seeing any of them sign for us again would take the piss, imo. It just wouldn't sit right with me.

So you are against Nolan signing a new contract then?

What? I think you've misinterpreted what i'm saying.

Nolan didn't leave. He, as i put it in the last post, 'showed atleast a modicum of respect/care for the club, stayed, and brought us back up'. Fair play to Kevin Nolan.

What? Nolan didn't leave. He, as i put it in the last post, 'showed atleast a modicum of respect/care for the club, stayed, and brought us back up'. Fair play to Kevin Nolan.

Fair play to your acceptance of second class football. Enjoy it. Why not? even a pig enjoys rolling around in muck.