NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Celtic have even less money than us and anything less than a couple of million just isn't worth it.

I also believe Harper deserves to have a full season as number one for us in the prem. We do however need to get Krul and or Forster games at this level next season, or the very least the CCC.

this and i cant see harper being fussed about going to Scottish football

Isn't the theory that they'll buy Harper if they sell Boruc? As in trying to make some money and replace their keeper with an only slightly inferior one?

Celtic have even less money than us and anything less than a couple of million just isn't worth it.

I also believe Harper deserves to have a full season as number one for us in the prem. We do however need to get Krul and or Forster games at this level next season, or the very least the CCC.

this and i cant see harper being fussed about going to Scottish football

Isn't the theory that they'll buy Harper if they sell Boruc? As in trying to make some money and replace their keeper with an only slightly inferior one?

Harper is not inferior to the holy goalie.

Guest BooBoo

The Journal reckons we're enquiring about bringing Andy O'Brien back. Really don't know whether to  :lol: or  :facepalm:.

Guest Roger Kint

Lazy journo reads Hughton comments and runs with his version. What a surprise, who will be first to panic over Shittu?

It just fills me with great sadness and embarrassment this is the level of players were probably going for. All 3 are jokes, Andy O'Brien being the least funny at defending but no one was sad to see him go and he hasn't improved much since then.

Deals like Williamson is the lowest level we can go. How come we can find a player like that yet have to scrape the barrel 6 months later and back in the Prem? Its crazy.

I wouldn't take that trio for free. :(

Guest geordienorway

Skysports:

17.22 Manchester City winger Vladimir Weiss would be flattered by reported interest from Newcastle, according to his agent Juraj Venglos.

like Jon Dahl Tomasson deserved to play for denmark in the world cup? forget it...if you are good enough you will play, thats the way it should be!

I didnt realise we had become a charity. We should always be looking to improve in every position. We don't owe any player anything. The sole priority is to stay up, not reward people for past loyalty.

I didnt realise we had become a charity. We should always be looking to improve in every position. We don't owe any player anything. The sole priority is to stay up, not reward people for past loyalty.

Agreed though why did we sell the best 'keeper in the league,just into a new contract,for such a small price?

Guest Roger Kint

Do you know the ins and outs? I dont, he may have said fuck you am not playing again for all we know. All very well discussing fees, Given should have stayed til the end of the season above all else

I didn't realise we became a world class team over night, someone didn't send me the email, Im very sorry about that. He deserves it for his ability and the season he's just had, not just the fact he's hung around so long.

Do you know the ins and outs? I dont, he may have said fuck you am not playing again for all we know. All very well discussing fees, Given should have stayed til the end of the season above all else

I don't but if he didn't do what you're saying then why sell him for less than they want for Joe Hart for instance?

Guest Roger Kint

Do you know the ins and outs? I dont, he may have said f*** you am not playing again for all we know. All very well discussing fees, Given should have stayed til the end of the season above all else

I don't but if he didn't do what you're saying then why sell him for less than they want for Joe Hart for instance?

Is that a joke? Joe Hart is 10 years younger and one of the stand out up and coming keepers going. Couple that with the mior fact Citeh are stinking rich and never have to sell anyone for any price unless they want rid, factor in our own financial problems and owner stupidity and you may get an idea. Like i said we dont know the full story about Given, the rumour was he rufused to play wasnt it? Player power is too strong these days mate, sometimes clubs get shafted because of it.

Harper sat on the bench as number two for 10 years, he is hardly going to be looking to leave now that he is number one....

If the club force a sale then that would be the biggest slap in the face to a very loyal player.  Plus he may not be the greatest keeper in the Prem but, he is far from being the worst!

Guest Roger Kint

We arent going to force a sale though, we have limited/no money to waste on replacing him anyway. Why tamper with an area that Hughton deems safe for a minimal return?

Guest BooBoo

I hate this "Oh Harper's been loyal to us, he deserves the number 1 shirt". It was HIS choice to sit on the bench for years, nobody forced him. I fear that despite his pretty average ability at the top level we'll persist with him resulting in us loisng one, if not both of Forster and Krul.

I hate this "Oh Harper's been loyal to us, he deserves the number 1 shirt". It was HIS choice to sit on the bench for years, nobody forced him. I fear that despite his pretty average ability at the top level we'll persist with him resulting in us loisng one, if not both of Forster and Krul.

who's saying he should get the place through loyalty ? right now i'd have him in front of both of krul and forster from the limited viewings i've seen of them but i wouldn't hesitate to put either of them in given an injury or loss of form to harper.