NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

So hypothetically we spend:

15m on Gervinho

12m on Gameiro

5m on Cabaye

That's the 35m already spent, and the forward line seriously strengthened. With Abeid already signed it seems, I don't mind that being the cash outlay, with more coming in after some player sales (and a couple of freebies) provided they are not counter-productive sales.

I doubt we'll be signing all three. If one of the bids comes off we'll probably reassess what we need.

Guest firetotheworks

My worry with bringing in so many French is with grit and team spirit, 2 things which were crucial to our season and 2 things the French very much lack

Aye, that'll be why the same French team won the World Cup and European Cup one after the other.

FM proof is a basic requirement for acceptable players.  When you see a player is shit in FM, 99% he is shit in real life as well.  Not the other way round though.

Guest elbee909

My worry with bringing in so many French is with grit and team spirit, 2 things which were crucial to our season and 2 things the French very much lack

:lol:

Again, another person on here who knows every person of a certain nationality.  Our posters sure do get around.

I live and play sport in France, so I think I am in quite a good position to be commenting tbh.

Not particularly.  It's dodgy inductive reasoning wherever you happen to be.

FM proof is a basic requirement for acceptable players.  When you see a player is shit in FM, 99% he is shit in real life as well.  Not the other way round though.

Unless he is too young or from an obscure league.

Btw it's amazing how emotions flip flop in the space of 48 hours.

We've gone from selling Barton, Enrique and Nolan and replacing them with Darren Pratley, to the French press seeming confident we've put in offers for Cabaye, Gervinho, Gameiro and M'Bengue.

:frantic:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The optimist in me says that if we can secure the first two/three, then we can convince Barton and Enrique to sign.

Very much so. Get some quality early signings in, Cabaye and Gameiro are certainly in the right direction, and it's looking good again for their futures.

We've gone from selling Barton, Enrique and Nolan and replacing them with Darren Pratley, to the French press seeming confident we've put in offers for Cabaye, Gervinho, Gameiro and M'Bengue.

Gervinho, Gameiro and M'Bengue --- I think we will only sign one of them rather than all.

Gervinho, Gameiro and M'Bengue --- I think we will only sign one of them rather than all.

Id be amazed if we signed any of them tbh.

Id be amazed if we signed any of them tbh.

it seems like there is a bid in for gameiro but i wonder if we've been allowed to talk officially to the player ? have we made an officila bid for gervinho ?

it could be a reverse house of cards with players not wanting to sign yet but would if others did.

I reckon a daft bid for Zamora would be the order of the day. I reckon £10/£12m could do the trick.

Given Leazes comment on TT I assume this is the latest rumour going about, no chance at all.