NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Roger Kint

Matuidi is class. Better than Tiote, imo.

Would be chuffed if we sign him for less than £7 million.

If he's better than Tiote and we only need one type of that player - will Tiote be benched?

tiote  matuidi

cabaye   ben arfa  n'zogbia

ba/erdinc/best

We aren't going to sign N'Zogbia. Stick Barnetta there.

ok or jonas or that ajax chap.

Jonas in that formation? Far too much pressure on the other 3 to score enough goals imo

Guest Loven11

Alternatively Tiote is off. Would anyone be that surprised, really?

Probably wouldn't be surprised but I'd be fucking gutted too.

I wonder if it's possible we've had some sort of encouragement from this midfielder. That would be an interesting angle on Nolan being sold. Though knowing the way we normally do business, I highly doubt it's that sensible.

I wonder if it's possible we've had some sort of encouragement from this midfielder. That would be an interesting angle on Nolan being sold. Though knowing the way we normally do business, I highly doubt it's that sensible.

could be why they made public wanting 15mill euro and we are trying,reportedly, for £8.5mill.

If we are genuinely in for Matuidi then I'd be concerned that Tiote is going, because it just seems pointless having two top players for one position. But then why leave Tiote out of the final two games of the season if we expected him to leave before next season began?

If we are genuinely in for Matuidi then I'd be concerned that Tiote is going, because it just seems pointless having two top players for one position. But then why leave Tiote out of the final two games of the season if we expected him to leave before next season began?

we could feasibly play both, but we could just as easily sell tiote and not bring in a proper replacement. saying he most definitely will not be going is naive in the extreme imo.

Is it not just possible that we have accepted that this role will result in suspensions (not to mention the ACN) and rather than have Smith anywhere near the team we are happy to have two quality players for the role who can go out and play their natural game, accepting that yellow cards that come with that?

I really don't see Tiote leaving at all.

if someone makes a 'silly money' offer for him do you see him staying? i don't.

do you think it's likely someone will make a 'silly money' offer for him? i'd say it's as likely as chelsea bidding 22m for modric.

i'm not saying he's going, i'm saying it's naive to believe he definitely isnt.

Me neither. Apart from the fact his disciplinary record (added to the ACN this season) and length of contract will put suitors off, I can well imagine Ashley hoping bigger bids come in next summer when he's proven he isn't a one-season wonder.

From some of Pardew's comments earlier in the year regarding Tiote, I think he'll be given a bit more of a box-box/midfield engine room role next season. If this interest in Matuidi materialises, it'll be a midfield three of Cabeye, Matuidi, Tiote. Mr. T won't be sold......at least not this summer.

Tiote-Cabaye-Matuidi looks solid enough, though it leaves the front three with a lot to do in terms of creativity and goals. I don't think you could get away with workers like Jonas or Erdinc up top, definitely need two very productive, dynamic players brought in and then hope HBA is able to hit the ground running.

Can't help but feel Tiote is the next being shipped out...

Liverpool Set for £22m Newcastle Swoop: Jonas and Enrique Targets, More Rumours

Bleacher Report - Karl Matchett - ‎5 minutes ago‎

Another day, another thousand rumours involving Liverpool's seemingly non-stop revolving door of player transfers; today the Reds have been linked with a massive £22 million swoop for Newcastle United's left-sided duo, Jonas Gutierrez and Jose Enrique. ...

I don't think it is the right time for Tiote to leave as he needs at least another season with us as he still has a lot to learn.  It will be interesting to see who has the job of calming him down when he on the edge of losing it now Nolan has gone.  However, if he continues to do well, I would be amazed if he was not sold next Summer.  

I just view all new players now as playing for us until an acceptable bid comes through and I would be surprised if if any stay for the duration of their contract.

Is it not just possible that we have accepted that this role will result in suspensions (not to mention the ACN) and rather than have Smith anywhere near the team we are happy to have two quality players for the role who can go out and play their natural game, accepting that yellow cards that come with that?

The underlying argument from many in the Nolan thread seems to be that we can't afford to keep players capable of regular first team football if they're not playing every week. I can't see why we would be willing to do that after paying a big fee for a new player as well.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Smells like 4-3-3 to me, with matuidi and tiote as our makelele and essien, with cabaye as our lampard. I rather like that prospect

if someone makes a 'silly money' offer for him do you see him staying? i don't.

do you think it's likely someone will make a 'silly money' offer for him? i'd say it's as likely as chelsea bidding 22m for modric.

i'm not saying he's going, i'm saying it's naive to believe he definitely isnt.

I don't see anyone making a silly money offer though. It would only be one of five teams, all premiership, however his discipline will put all of them off, Wenger wouldn't go near him with that amount of yellow and red cards, he's avoided players like that before even though vieria was such a success. Dogleash is buying up all the young English talent and have many other areas to address, Chelsea and citeh don't really need him with all the DMC on their books. Leaving Manu, who again have bigger problems in a RB and keeper, plus a scholes replacement.

Can't see us even thinking about selling for under £20m, none of these teams really need a DMC at that value, especially one who misses large chunks of the season suspended plus going away for a few games in January.

If he has a good season again, next year I'll be a lot more worried as I expect him to have calmed down, possibly not put in so many positions to be booked with better quality in front of him and of course no African nations for a few years.