NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-transfer-news-Darron-Gibson-now-target-for-Sunderland-and-rivals-Newcastle-article753376.html

Sunderland are still in pole position to land £5million midfielder Darron Gibson, despite interest from rivals Newcastle.

Magpies manager Alan Pardew is interested in snatching Gibson from under counterpart Steve Bruce's nose, as he recruits young unproven players.

However, while Newcastle have yet to open talks with the Old Trafford hierarchy, a Sunderland bid was lodged a couple of weeks ago.

Hope so. :lol:

Yep!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-transfer-news-Darron-Gibson-now-target-for-Sunderland-and-rivals-Newcastle-article753376.html

Sunderland are still in pole position to land £5million midfielder Darron Gibson, despite interest from rivals Newcastle.

Magpies manager Alan Pardew is interested in snatching Gibson from under counterpart Steve Bruce's nose, as he recruits young unproven players.

However, while Newcastle have yet to open talks with the Old Trafford hierarchy, a Sunderland bid was lodged a couple of weeks ago.

I don't get the Mirror's logic. Regardless of who put their bid in first, if we match it, then the player will decide.

Obviously I'm biased, but all things being equal, I'm confident a player will choose us. We're moving forward, and they're marking time. Unless they offer silly wages - which they might -  we should be okay.

As for the player, when I first saw him, I thought he was really poor. He looked a lot more confident last season. Lots of people were writing off Darren Fletcher when we were linked with him a while back. Gibson's not that bad and we do need some more steel in midfield, if only as cover for Mr Yellowcard Tiote.

I don't get the Mirror's logic. Regardless of who put their bid in first, if we match it, then the player will decide.

Obviously I'm biased, but all things being equal, I'm confident a player will choose us. We're moving forward, and they're marking time. Unless they offer silly wages - which they might -  we should be okay.

As for the player, when I first saw him, I thought he was really poor. He looked a lot more confident last season. Lots of people were writing off Darren Fletcher when we were linked with him a while back. Gibson's not that bad and we do need some more steel in midfield, if only as cover for Mr Yellowcard Tiote.

You'd think he'd want to play, and not go to another club to sit on the bench. He will be a starter for Sunderland, not for us.

And when did Gibson become "steel"? He's not like. He isn't that type of player at all. We'll be "okay" when he signs for someone else than us.

Football journalist must be the easiest job in the world. Work from home, click a few links here and there, create an 'article' and email it to your boss. Piece of piss.

'Getting it right' doesn't even matter. Just flog papers, any old shite will do. 

From what people are saying it doesn't sound like Gibson is that much of an upgrade on Guthrie, and not worth 5m of whatever Pardew has available - when we have other priorities. There does seem to be a pattern developing of being linked with better quality players ie Matuidi at 10/12m but the reality being we are really more in the 5/6m market as the club tries to stretch the money out.

Football journalist must be the easiest job in the world. Work from home, click a few links here and there, create an 'article' and email it to your boss. Piece of p*ss.

'Getting it right' doesn't even matter. Just flog papers, any old s**** will do. 

:sadnod:

Football journalist must be the easiest job in the world. Work from home, click a few links here and there, create an 'article' and email it to your boss. Piece of p*ss.

'Getting it right' doesn't even matter. Just flog papers, any old s**** will do. 

Other journalists are the same to be fair.

And it causes more damage when you lie about government policy than about Darron Gibson joining newcastle

And it causes more damage when you lie about government policy than about Darron Gibson joining newcastle

You obviously didn't see this forum when we were linked with Simon Treacy then.

You obviously didn't see this forum when we were linked with Simon Treacy then.

Keith :dave:

We can disagree about Gibson's talent as a footballer but I really don't know where Cronky's got this idea that he's a tough tackling holding player from.

I don't see him as a holding player, more of an all-rounder like Fletcher, though not at that level of development.

I can't say I'm an enthusiast for this signing, but the way things are shaping I'd like to see a bit more height and strength in the midfield.

Take this how you will....my colleague at work who is a man utd fan, his mate has just texted him saying that a 14 million pound player is expected to sign in the next couple of days for NUFC.

Original source, someone high up in NUFC.

Take this how you will....my colleague at work who is a man utd fan, his mate has just texted him saying that a 14 million pound player is expected to sign in the next couple of days for NUFC.

Original source, someone high up in NUFC.

:lol: