NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest bimpy474

People going a bit hyperbole on Bridge like, if it's a loan deal and we're not paying his whole wage then I'm all for it. At least it means we have another body in who's left footed and can cover at lb.

Why would he want to be cover though? Surely at his age he wants to be playing. He'd not get a game unless Enrique leaves or is injured (he missed just two league games last season).

It just cant be as cover, that would make even less sense, say it is true, it must mean Jose is off.

I'll stick with its complete bollocks and use that edition of the mirror to wipe my arse next time i pop to poop, not sure where to get a copy in the next 10 mins mind :D

One in, one out. If Bridge comes in then I'd be 99% certain Enrique is on the way out.

tbh we can be reasonably certain of that without this story just doesn't seem to want to be here anymore

Sorry Dave, I live in this crazy dream world where a new player comes in and is told to work his socks off and when he gets his chance, make the position his own. Obv this is NUFC and the addition of Bridge would probably mean the subtraction of Enrique. If that's the case then it's awful business.

One in, one out. If Bridge comes in then I'd be 99% certain Enrique is on the way out.

tbh we can be reasonably certain of that without this story just doesn't seem to want to be here anymore

We'll see if he rocks up on Mon/Tues.  If he doesn't he'sin breach of contract and deserves any stick imo

Guest bimpy474

interesting that according the the mirror piece we have a wage cap of 40k yet both ba and merveaux are reportedly on more than that,,,sure those reports were in the mirror aswell.

What a paper contradicting itself, that is unimpossible :D

They do employ more than one reporter you know. ;)

Ahhhhh i see  :p

We'll see if he rocks up on Mon/Tues.  If he doesn't he'sin breach of contract and deserves any stick imo

he'll turn up and do everything by the book for as yet there doesn't appear to be any bids for him.

Guest bimpy474

If we do sell Jose, we would look to sign a permanent player with the money, obviously with the name cheick, chiek, cheeick or whatever French left back we can add for our assault on Ligue 1, Bridge doesn't even speak French so we can rule this out me thinks ;)

If I could choose one player that goes completely against our transfer policy, its Wayne Bridge. It'd be a nonsensical signing in every way. The newspaper sounds pretty certain but I just can't see it happening. Even the idea of him makes me shudder.

Althought to be fair to him, he's bagged himself a Saturday!

No shit Sherlock...

Harsh,you're forgetting that Wayne Bridge has been the parennial back up left back for club and country for most of his career.

Guest Roger Kint

All these pages on Bridge over that handful of words in the Sun or has some sort of actual link been made to justify all this?  ???

I can't believe anyone took the Bridge link seriously. He does not fit Mike Ashley's transfer policy. He's 30 years old and on big wages.

Liverpool and Arsenal both supposedly going for Enrique this week.

He's an England international available on a loan where we will only pay half his wages. Like I said earlier I would imagine Taylor would be considered our future left back in a year's time when we won't renew Bridge's contract. It seems entirely plausible to me. Whether Bridge is still a premier league quality left back is the issue for me. The age or wages doesn't really come into it since it's going to be a short term deal.

Guest Howaythetoon

One of the worst performances I've ever seen from any player came from Bridge against Croatia a fe years back. He was abysmal that night, every pass went astray, he was beaten time and time again and he failed in his tackles. It as as if someone who hadn't played the game before was 'playing'. Awful player these days and a bizzare signing if true. I can only assume Enrique is on his way.

Of course Enrique is on his way, that again ties in with this story. The Sunday Sun can say what they like, this sounds to me very much like a goer. It would explain also why we signed Neil Taylor and dropped our interest in Cheick M'Bengue once we realised they weren't going to drop the price. Sorry but everything about the Bridge rumours strike me as being genuine.

No chance in hell  we'll sign Bridge. A 30 year old with a salary of 80 000 a week? He's the player archetype that we PREVIOUSLY bought and which almost destroyed the club: old, heavy salary, an inconsistent performer and injury prone.. Come on.

Bridge did alright at Wham bar the first couple of games, not really a position you can stop a relegation from.

Still, not the kind of player we are going for, if we could get him on a free and he'd cut his wages in half he'd be a decent signing.

Wayne Bridge would not be a decent signing in any scenario, man. :lol:

You seem to advocate signing even the most shitty players so long as they have either British or Irish passport.

You seem to want us to sign any cunt as long as he sounds foreign. We are a british/English team, if you want to see all the latest flaky foreign imports then go follow one of your several dozen other teams.

Bridge isn't totally useless like a lot of fukers would make out, not everything is either omg super duper brilliant or fuking shit bollocks cunt, the world doesn't work like that, about time people grew up and realise this. I'd rather us sign someone younger and on much less wages regardless where they are from btw, but overall I want us to remember where we are from, it was bobbys dream to see a full Geordie team out there playing in the prem, second best a full British and if it was good enough for him it's good enough for me.

I've advocated who exactly? I'd like a list. Here's a couple to start you off; Clyne, Wickham, Gardner, Sturridge...so much shit there.

No chance in hell  we'll sign Bridge. A 30 year old with a salary of 80 000 a week? He's the player archetype that we PREVIOUSLY bought and which almost destroyed the club: old, heavy salary, an inconsistent performer and injury prone.. Come on.

If you read the story then you would know that City would pay half his wages. Again, if you read the story you would see it's a year long loan. Now put two and two together...

One of the worst performances I've ever seen from any player came from Bridge against Croatia a fe years back. He was abysmal that night, every pass went astray, he was beaten time and time again and he failed in his tackles. It as as if someone who hadn't played the game before was 'playing'. Awful player these days and a bizzare signing if true. I can only assume Enrique is on his way.

I'll see your Croatia game and raise you his debut for West Ham against Arsenal. Priceless stuff :lol:

You seem to want us to sign any cunt as long as he sounds foreign.

Wrong. I want us to sign good players. There is a limited stream of English players, there is a lot of foreign players in comparison. Obviously it going to seem I appear to advocate more non-English players considering well - there's more of them.

if you want to see all the latest flaky foreign imports then go follow one of your several dozen other teams.

:lol: Whatever. I don't need to justify the support of my team to anybody.

Bridge isn't totally useless like a lot of fukers would make out, not everything is either omg super duper brilliant or fuking shit bollocks cunt, the world doesn't work like that, about time people grew up and realise this.

He's very poor these days. He definitely falls closer to your second category than the first. He's not the kind of footballer I want playing for my team, replacing José with him would be embarrassing at best.

I'd rather us sign someone younger and on much less wages regardless where they are from btw, but overall I want us to remember where we are from, it was bobbys dream to see a full Geordie team out there playing in the prem, second best a full British and if it was good enough for him it's good enough for me.

Bobby wouldn't have had shite like Wayne Bridge near his team, I know that much.

I've advocated who exactly? I'd like a list. Here's a couple to start you off; Clyne, Wickham, Gardner, Sturridge...so much shit there.

I wouldn't have minded signing 2 of those players. Sturridge and Clyne.

My point was you seem to be happy for us to sign very average players like Bridge and Gardner purely because of their nationality. I'd rather we stayed away from dross.

All these pages on Bridge over that handful of words in the Sun or has some sort of actual link been made to justify all this?  ???

This sort of post always annoys me. Bridge has been linked in three different newspapers now. Yes they're all tabloids and it's probably bollocks, but why not discuss the merits of the transfer? This thread is entitled 'Transfer rumours in the press', what else are you expecting it to contain? Nobody seems to mind when threads and pages are generated from links in the French media.

If we restricted discussion to official comment from the club it'd be very quiet.

No chance in hell  we'll sign Bridge. A 30 year old with a salary of 80 000 a week? He's the player archetype that we PREVIOUSLY bought and which almost destroyed the club: old, heavy salary, an inconsistent performer and injury prone.. Come on.

If you read the story then you would know that City would pay half his wages. Again, if you read the story you would see it's a year long loan. Now put two and two together...

Still not going to happen. 40 000 is  too much for such a mediocre player.

Still not going to happen. 40 000 is  too much for such a mediocre player.

It's a lot less that £6m for Mbengue and 40k a week for 5 years.