NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Roger Kint

I hope no ones mixing him up with Jack Rodwell who is a vastly better player.

Rodwell who is hotly tipped as future England captain? Regular rumours of £20m transfers to Man Utd/Chelsea? You mean its not the same person? :shifty:

I've asked the opinions of Scousers about Gosling and tbh he sounds very very similar to Guthrie.

I'd take another Danny Guthrie, especially for free.

Tottenham and Newcastle United have made offers to Sporting Lisbon for young attacker Yannick Djalo.

O Jogo says both Premiership clubs had bids for the youngster rejected by Sporting this week.

Everton are also keen on Djalo, who impressed David Moyes in European action last season, but are yet to make a concrete bid.

Spurs and Newcastle have been encouraged to try again for Djalo, with president José Eduardo Bettencourt and sports director Costinha admitting they need to sell to reduce club debts.

Tottenham and Newcastle United have made offers to Sporting Lisbon for young attacker Yannick Djalo.

O Jogo says both Premiership clubs had bids for the youngster rejected by Sporting this week.

Everton are also keen on Djalo, who impressed David Moyes in European action last season, but are yet to make a concrete bid.

Spurs and Newcastle have been encouraged to try again for Djalo, with president José Eduardo Bettencourt and sports director Costinha admitting they need to sell to reduce club debts.

Suprised they have big debts, always selling players for a mint. Nani, Ronaldo, Moutinho and Hughie V off the top of my head.

Not that he'd move but Mati Fernandez would be a dream signing.

Guest Heneage

Suprised they have big debts, always selling players for a mint. Nani, Ronaldo, Moutinho and Hughie V off the top of my head.

They've bought a lot too.

More than they've sold? Don't follow Portuguese league tbh.

I guess not being in the CLmight hurt them, same with Porto.

Guest Heneage

More than they've sold? Don't follow Portuguese league tbh.

I guess not being in the CLmight hurt them, same with Porto.

I don't think so. Benfica have spent more, but they've also started selling players on in the style of Porto. (See Di Maria to Madrid.)

Porto for me will take it this year. The 3 months without Hulk really did them over, Benfica weren't really anything special.

Guest neesy111

Am I the only one who hasn't got a clue about Gosling's actual ability as a footballer?

Nope. I have no idea what type of player he is other than from comments on here.

From what I've seen he's nothing special, I reckon Barton and Guthrie are better

anyone that's fit is better than barton, he's played less than 25% of games at this club

Am I the only one who hasn't got a clue about Gosling's actual ability as a footballer?

Nope. I have no idea what type of player he is other than from comments on here.

From what I've seen he's nothing special, I reckon Barton and Guthrie are better

anyone that's fit is better than barton, he's played less than 25% of games at this club

well, Gosling is hardly fit at the moment, so my point still stands :lol:

Guest johnson293

I keep forgetting Barton is actually at the club!

If he can stay fit, and get through a full pre-season, it'll be "like having a new signing"!!  :kasper:

One thing that's particularly disappointing for me:

As a relatively unattractive Premiership team, surely the best way out of our predicament is to expand our scouting network and sign players from lesser-known leagues across Europe and even the world who would jump at the chance to play for ANY Premiership club. (AKA "the Wigan model")

We've seen absolutely none of that under Ashley. When is the last time we made a single signing from outside the six major European leagues? Despite all the song and dance about expanding our scouting network, we remain terribly myopic as far as finding hidden talent goes.

I know this is easier said than done, but you have to be disappointed that we're not even trying. (At least at the senior level)

Agree with all of that entirely.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Costs too much money to build profiles up of all those countries, it was suppose to be Jeff Vetere's role but he left.

Guest Heneage

My problem with Oldtypes suggestion is, how do we know these places hold the talent?

Of course places like Honduras have produced the likes of Suazo, Palacios, and Figueroa, but that's 3 players of how many?

My problem with Oldtypes suggestion is, how do we know these places hold the talent?

Of course places like Honduras have produced the likes of Suazo, Palacios, and Figueroa, but that's 3 players of how many?

Guess the old saying 'if you don't buy a ticket you wont win the raffle' could apply to that.

I agree with oldtype, though. It seems that this idea/fantasy of Ashley's has collapsed since we got relegated. As someone said, it would cost money to do that and considering he obviously doesn't want to hang around here why should he bother? Loanies and freebies will keep us happy for the moment, sure....

And then when you buy the ticket and are nowhere near winning said raffle, the manager, scouting network and chairman get hammered for making a shit signing. Look what happened when we got Nacho to improve relations with an agent to curry favour in order to help get players from that region in the future? Got slated for it.

Gosling would be a good signing although we can do without him.. Still, I think we're getting him. The way he forced his way out of Everton is similar to how we acquired Jonas.. we've tapped him up.

You think we are the favourites to sign him?

Guest Heneage

And then when you buy the ticket and are nowhere near winning said raffle, the manager, scouting network and chairman get hammered for making a s*** signing. Look what happened when we got Nacho to improve relations with an agent to curry favour in order to help get players from that region in the future? Got slated for it.

Exactly.

This is the problem though, we have sections of the fans who are very naive, and think Football is just Premier Manger 98 on the Playstation.

Guest thebigfella

We were linked with him last season I'm sure there was a picture of him in the directors box last year on here some where....