NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I hate the attitude towards youth not being ready. There's absolute nothing to gain from playing Lovenkrands, so play Sammy and Vuckic. They've got undoubted potential IMO and are actually proving to be better on the pitch NOW than the alternatives.

I'm with you but it really does depend - you could hoy a 16 year old from the reserves in at left back for the next 10 games and it could completely destroy his confidence if he wasn't 'ready'.  I'm happy for the 2 mentioned to be introduced as subs for the next few games and we see where we go from there.  There's really no need to be playing Lovenkrands at all at the minute anyway as it should be Ba/Best/Shola battling for 1 or 2 forward positions with the kids providing cover for the time being.

Fair enough. I think Sammy should have been coming on instead of Smith at the weekend though.

Smith shouldn't be anywhere near our squad.  As much as people moan about players like Lovenkrands and Ryan Taylor, Smith cannot do anything whatsoever anymore and it's generally detrimental to have him on the pitch.  God knows where Gosling and Guthrie were - if it was down to niggling injuries then we really need to sort it out as they're both streets ahead of Smith.

So you won't find me disagreeing, but I think Pardew just wanted to bring another midfielder on and wasn't willing to take Vuckic off for a forward.

I hate the attitude towards youth not being ready. There's absolute nothing to gain from playing Lovenkrands, so play Sammy and Vuckic. They've got undoubted potential IMO and are actually proving to be better on the pitch NOW than the alternatives.

I'm with you but it really does depend - you could hoy a 16 year old from the reserves in at left back for the next 10 games and it could completely destroy his confidence if he wasn't 'ready'.  I'm happy for the 2 mentioned to be introduced as subs for the next few games and we see where we go from there.  There's really no need to be playing Lovenkrands at all at the minute anyway as it should be Ba/Best/Shola battling for 1 or 2 forward positions with the kids providing cover for the time being.

Fair enough. I think Sammy should have been coming on instead of Smith at the weekend though.

Smith shouldn't be anywhere near our squad.  As much as people moan about players like Lovenkrands and Ryan Taylor, Smith cannot do anything whatsoever anymore and it's generally detrimental to have him on the pitch.  God knows where Gosling and Guthrie were - if it was down to niggling injuries then we really need to sort it out as they're both streets ahead of Smith.

So you won't find me disagreeing, but I think Pardew just wanted to bring another midfielder on and wasn't willing to take Vuckic off for a forward.

True enough. You'd like to think both Gosling and Guthrie will be back after international break and Smith will be out of the squad again. I'd have Abeid ahead of him in the pecking order too and he's not played a competitive game for us.

Put me in at left-back. I know I'll be shit, so when I get skinned repeatedly it'll come as no great disappointment. Then, bring on Santon and he'll be a massive improvement even if he's total balls. After five matches of that, the crowd'll be singing his name and begging for him to come off the bench and pleading that he starts games.

Gig logic?

Put me in at left-back. I know I'll be shit, so when I get skinned repeatedly it'll come as no great disappointment. Then, bring on Santon and he'll be a massive improvement even if he's total balls. After five matches of that, the crowd'll be singing his name and begging for him to come off the bench and pleading that he starts games.

Gig logic?

Aye, it's like having post-paedo Gary Glitter as your support act. Not that I'm comparing myself to a paedophile. Ah, piss.

Good plan, but what if you turn out to be world class?

We'll sell him to Liverpool

:lol: "Fuck off Keefaz you hirsute fucking Judas"

The fucking abuse I'm getting from the so-called fans proves that I was right to join the exodus. #ambition

Good plan, but what if you turn out to be world class?

We'll sell him to Liverpool

:lol: "Fuck off Keefaz you hirsute fucking Judas"

The fucking abuse I'm getting from the so-called fans proves that I was right to join the exodus. #ambition

"Yeah....well...you're still a hairy twat!!! #Yeti"

What happened to Gignac btw?

Combination of Marseille not getting Amauri, and us not agreeing terms.

Also the fact that he is utter garbage.

What happened to Gignac btw?

Combination of Marseille not getting Amauri, and us not agreeing terms.

Also the fact that he is utter garbage.

Not sure that would have stopped us I'm afraid. :lol:

True

It's not about money, it's about ambition. "Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric." #thetruthhurts

"To quote the Dalai Lama "Smoke my blood sausage, traitor" #provehedidn'tsayit"