NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Haris Vuckic

I also don't care how old Del Piero is.  He was a childhood idol of mine.  It would be f***ing amazing to see him here.

We've already seen him in black and white at St.James Park. I'll cling to that for now.

To see Del Piero in a Newcastle shirt would make my wet dreams come true. Get Pep Guardiola as boss too, maybe Luis Enrique as Assistant...

Plays for Liverpool now :(

:lol: Redknapp still called him Luis on Saturday, unbelievable.

Guest Heneage

Del Piero is 36 ain't he? Just retire man FFS.

37 next month.

I hope he just retires at the end of the season.

I agree, it wasn't very nice to see Cannavaro move to the middle east after his European career.

If we get a left back, central defender and a striker in we are in a position where its most important to keep the players we have. I cant even remember when we where in a position like that the last time. Hopefully we get there soon. Then we should only keep buying young prospects like Abeid and Vuckic and develop them. We should only buy more established players for fees if we have sold our Tiotes, Coloccinis or Ben Arfas for ridiculous Carroll-money.

^ Yep.

With the increasing finances I hope we can be really strong in the transfer market and resist incoming bids. We really really need to keep most of the players and only if we receive crazy crazy money we should considered the bid. But then again we have players that even then shouldn´t be sold, players like Colo, Tiote, Cabaye, Arfa etc.

I guess he's predicting Ben Arfa will get injured again so need another mercurial talent.

He is a good player, but can't see him fitting in first team though, and he's also incredibly changable, he hasn't done anything in the premier league yet, I'm not especially keen.

It's a shame because there is simply no doubting his talent. I understand the arguement that he is not worth it given his reputation and i agree but just for a moment lets imagine...

Cabaye      Tiote

Taarabt        Ben Arfa        Marveaux

Ba