A Lesson in Respect and Sportsmanship From Plymouth Argyle

Doug

Guest half a heed

Didn't stop over 20 of our headbangers wrecking a town centre bar on Union Street which resulted in a teenage girl being assaulted. :rant:

Guest malandro

The your support is f***ing s**** chant has its place. It’s been singing it at the supporters of clubs like Plymouth that has been cringeworthy.  Nowt wrong with the Geordie Boots Boys though. Any connection it had with hooliganism ended decades ago.

There’s a line or two in the Blaydon Races that ‘celebrates’ violence, perhaps we should stop singing that as well?

Do people actually care if songs are actually true to reality?

So what if songs such "you're support is f***ing s***" are sang at championship fans. They are supposed to wind up opposition fans, not be factually correct. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Keane doesn't vigorously masturbate canines.

Also arch-rival's Exeter's star striker Adam Stansfield has bowel cancer at only 31 and Plymouth fans have got actively involved in fund raising.

Fans in the south west aren't really fanatic about their home clubs like you see in other places though, a lot of people at Home Park will have a second club who they'd say they support, then go and watch the big Exeter/Plymouth games when the stakes are high. Newcastle is a popular second club in the region.

Guest malandro

So what if songs such "you're support is f***ing s***" are sang at championship fans. They are supposed to wind up opposition fans, not be factually correct. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Keane doesn't vigorously masturbate canines.

Plymouth could have decided to try and wind us up last night, sang ‘where you when you where shit’ and ‘get the shit off the pitch’ but didn’t. Instead they choose to behave like football supporters not people who use football to behave like morons.

This time last year Villa were doing the winding up thing and hopefully it’ll be payback time next season. What goes around comes around.

It's only fair. They gave us a lesson in respect, we gave them a lesson in football.

Like the boring old R.E teacher at school talking in monotone.

"This is the ball. This is the net. Ball goes into net. Any questions?"

I can understand plymouth fans being annoyed with our celebratory songs played after the game, but i for one certainly respect Plymouth fans for the way they handled the situation. If we'd witnessed a pitch invasion by away fans in our back yard after being relegated, i think there would have been a riot.

Thank you Plymouth for maintaining your dignity in difficult circumstances.

Plymouth could have decided to try and wind us up last night, sang where you when you where shit and get the shit off the pitch but didnt. Instead they choose to behave like football supporters not people who use football to behave like morons.

This time last year Villa were doing the winding up thing and hopefully itll be payback time next season. What goes around comes around.

Erm.......... tbf, they were singing 'your support is fucking shit' to us lot aswel, dont let that get in the way of your argument like.

There relegation partly hid behind us winning the CCC I would take that every day of the week instead of say your club going down & being the biggest news story or close too it of the season.

Hope they do well next year & that copy of "We Are The Champions" gets played for them next year.

Echo views about Plymouth and "your support is fucking shit". I think 'boot boys' song has lost its hooligan element.

I felt bad for a rather large fan fairly near the away fans to our left. He was waving a Rangers top at Lovenkrands and a group of fans seemed to take it as provocation and spent the rest of the game singing songs about his weight. He wasn't playing it up either.