Nicky Butt

binnsy

Found this from 90's

NICKY Butt wants it put on record that he does not have a Manchester City tattoo on his arm. An urban myth has lingered around the local boy soon-to-be-made good from the moment he emerged from Gorton, one of Manchester's traditional City-supporting districts, to make his United debut six-and-a-half years ago.

"I get stick about it all the time, even now," said Butt. "I don't know where they get it from. I've worn short sleeves before, but people still seem to think I've got a tattoo."

It's supposed to be on his leg though. :dontknow:

That was after he explained he did not have it on his arm. Haway man do you really think he was playing word games when he denied having it on his arm.

No idea, but he's hardly going to admit to it, even if it was true, whilst he's at ManU. I have no idea if it's true or not, like.

http://www.mediastorehouse.com/image/nicky-butt-paul-scholes-teddy-sheringham-and-dwight-yorke-pose-in-the-dressing-room-with-the-inter_45084.jpg

Not on display in here, at least.

Was a good song that. Am sure Emre and him were our best central partnership for a while. Will always remember the winner he scored at White Hart Lane too, sunday afternoon on the back of an allnighter in 3 different London clubs, great game and a great weekend nicely rounded off by Butt. Not his fault he's disabled.

Was a good song that. Am sure Emre and him were our best central partnership for a while. Will always remember the winner he scored at White Hart Lane too, sunday afternoon on the back of an allnighter in 3 different London clubs, great game and a great weekend nicely rounded off by Butt. Not his fault he's disabled.

i was just about to dive in and say "winner ?" then remembered he got 2 in 2 years there.

No Butts on North End

Preston North End boss Darren Ferguson has ruled out a summer raid for Nicky Butt, the former Manchester United midfielder.

The PNE manager has flattened growing speculation that Butt, who played a key role in Newcastle United's Championship title season, could link up with his old mate at Deepdale.

"I know Nicky very well, and he's out of contract soon," said Ferguson.

"He would certainly be a very good addition to the squad, I can't say he wouldn't, he'd bring magnificent experience to Preston.

"Nicky has won four Premier League titles, but it is not something that is on the radar at the moment."

Ferguson has already identified his transfer targets for next term, and as North End prepare to wrap up their home programme against Leicester City tomorrow, he said: "I've got targets, a certain amount of players for different positions, and I'll be working very hard to see if we can get things done.

"I've had a couple of good chats with the chairman and the board of directors recently.

"We've bounced a few things off each other and we've all got a pretty good idea where we want to go.

"We'll have to be patient, though, I don't think there will be massive changes before July, but it could get a lot busier after that."

Ferguson, in charge since January, has seen North End win just once since the 3-2 defeat of Nottingham Forest five weeks ago.

"We've not got as many points as I'd have hoped for, but I can see progress and the fans do see what we are trying to do.

"It has been a long, hard season, and the experience I've had since coming to Deepdale is totally different to my first couple of years as manager at Peterborough."

http://www.lep.co.uk/pnenews/No-Butts-on-North-End.6248586.jp

I hope he gets the respect he deserves tomorrow.OK he's never really produced for us but he's always given 100%.I'll applaud him for sure.

If he'd signed for Preston, we'd all be applauding him tomorrow.

No Butts on North End

Preston North End boss Darren Ferguson has ruled out a summer raid for Nicky Butt, the former Manchester United midfielder.

The PNE manager has flattened growing speculation that Butt, who played a key role in Newcastle United's Championship title season, could link up with his old mate at Deepdale.

"I know Nicky very well, and he's out of contract soon," said Ferguson.

"He would certainly be a very good addition to the squad, I can't say he wouldn't, he'd bring magnificent experience to Preston.

"Nicky has won four Premier League titles, but it is not something that is on the radar at the moment."

Ferguson has already identified his transfer targets for next term, and as North End prepare to wrap up their home programme against Leicester City tomorrow, he said: "I've got targets, a certain amount of players for different positions, and I'll be working very hard to see if we can get things done.

"I've had a couple of good chats with the chairman and the board of directors recently.

"We've bounced a few things off each other and we've all got a pretty good idea where we want to go.

"We'll have to be patient, though, I don't think there will be massive changes before July, but it could get a lot busier after that."

Ferguson, in charge since January, has seen North End win just once since the 3-2 defeat of Nottingham Forest five weeks ago.

"We've not got as many points as I'd have hoped for, but I can see progress and the fans do see what we are trying to do.

"It has been a long, hard season, and the experience I've had since coming to Deepdale is totally different to my first couple of years as manager at Peterborough."

http://www.lep.co.uk/pnenews/No-Butts-on-North-End.6248586.jp

yeah, that's why it took so long to take the title... :lol:

Guest BooBoo

I hope he gets the respect he deserves tomorrow.OK he's never really produced for us but he's always given 100%.I'll applaud him for sure.

Absolutely. Those likening him to the likes of Owen, Duff and Martins want to wash their mouths out.

Absolutely. Those likening him to the likes of Owen, Duff and Martins want to wash their mouths out.

Because those three showed talent?

Guest Brazilianbob

One of the worst players I've ever seen in black and white.  A good professional though, I'll give him that.

You haven't been an NUFC fan very long then if he is the worst player you have seen.  Personally, I could fill a catalogue with names of worse players than Nicky Butt.  Give the bloke some credit, he is not the player he once was, but he plays in a high profile area of the pitch and never, repeat never, hides, even when he is having a stinker!

Instead of putting shit on butt, i look at it this way. How many 35 year olds can you think of that still put in solid performances week in week out at the highest level (obviously im talking about last season), but even in the championship to an extent. Some names that may be brought up are Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, but did we honestly expect Butt to be anywhere near as influential as these two?

Although of late the good things that he does on the pitch are few and far  between, everyone seems to have a predisposition to ignore his good plays and magnify the poor ones.

Guest dazzanufc1892

disgraceful.

should be enrique if we are going to just give it to somebody for emotional reasons, been head and shoulders above everybody