World Cup 2010 Pre-Tournament Thread

James

Guest Stephen927

Adam Johnson has had a good half a season in the top league, I think Capello is right to leave him out for now. Johnson will have benefited from his time with the England squad so when he does eventually get the chance to become a pivotal player he will know the surroundings and some of the players.

Heskey links up well with Rooney, he's a different option to the other forwards. Carrick getting in is a surprise but again with Hargreaves injury you need someone else who can play the defensive side of the game to offer something different to Lamps and Stevie.

Glad he cut Walcott. Maybe it'll be the kick up the arse he needs, he's had a bad season on the whole and never uses his pace to beat a man with any real conviction.

Guest Stephen927

The England World Cup squad will be announced in full at 4pm.

Cheers, was wondering why I couldn't find it on BBC.

Guest Stephen927

I like this:

Emile Heskey, striker, 58 caps 7 goals. Rene Higuita, keeper, 68 caps 8 goals. Jose Luis Chilavert, keeper, 74 caps 8 goals...

:lol:

Guest Stephen927

Those people suggesting Michael (white Titus Bramble) Dawson should be going to the world cup need to have a word. The guy is absolute dogshit!

He has stepped up for Tottenham this season, a huge factor in them finishing 4th.

Adam Johnson has had a good half a season in the top league, I think Capello is right to leave him out for now. Johnson will have benefited from his time with the England squad so when he does eventually get the chance to become a pivotal player he will know the surroundings and some of the players.

Heskey links up well with Rooney, he's a different option to the other forwards. Carrick getting in is a surprise but again with Hargreaves injury you need someone else who can play the defensive side of the game to offer something different to Lamps and Stevie.

Glad he cut Walcott. Maybe it'll be the kick up the arse he needs, he's had a bad season on the whole and never uses his pace to beat a man with any real conviction.

He was 'Boros best player at the end of the 08/09 season when Downing was out injured, one of the best players in the U21 Euros last summer and arguably the best player in the Championship before joining City. Basically, he's been in great form for over a year now, which should be well enough to be picked ahead out of form players like SWP.

Those people suggesting Michael (white Titus Bramble) Dawson should be going to the world cup need to have a word. The guy is absolute dogshit!

He has stepped up for Tottenham this season, a huge factor in them finishing 4th.

And before last season he's been instrumental in them not finishing 4th.

Titus himself was being touted for an England recall quite recently when he was playing under Steve Bruce but, sure enough, he was back to his old self last season.

Dawson's efforts this season have been recognised by Capello with an inclusion in the squad of 30 but he's not good enough to represent England at the world cup

Adam Johnson will be a key part of the 'next generation' I reckon. Along with Carroll, Hart, Wickham, Rodwell, Wilshere, Gibbs and whoever else.

The Euro qualifiers will begin this gradual progression

Heskey got 2 assists in the league this season, hmm  :harry:

Heskey's been on fire this season.

Sorry, in my dreams, I meant to say, and "fire" as in "flames" and "combustion".

Happy for Warnock. Bit iffy towards the end of the season, mind,so quite lucky to squeak in ahead of Baines, who bollocksed it up alla grande against Mexico.

Heskey got 2 assists in the league this season, hmm  :harry:

Heskey's been on fire this season.

Sorry, in my dreams, I meant to say, and "fire" as in "flames" and "combustion".

Happy for Warnock. Bit iffy towards the end of the season, mind,so quite lucky to squeak in ahead of Baines, who bollocksed it up alla grande against Mexico.

Baines out due to homesickness apparently. What a gay!

Guest palnese

People defending Heskey going instead of Bent.

It's all about Rooney and what's best for him.

Adam Johnson will be a key part of the 'next generation' I reckon. Along with Carroll, Hart, Wickham, Rodwell, Wilshere, Gibbs and whoever else.

The Euro qualifiers will begin this gradual progression

Yeah, looking forward to getting rid of a lot of the older lot after the WC. Would add Cahill & Cleverley as well.

Guest kingdawson

And before last season he's been instrumental in them not finishing 4th.

Titus himself was being touted for an England recall quite recently when he was playing under Steve Bruce but, sure enough, he was back to his old self last season.

Dawson's efforts this season have been recognised by Capello with an inclusion in the squad of 30 but he's not good enough to represent England at the world cup

Eh?

Dawson was also very good the season before the one gone. So that's exceptional last season and very good the season before.

People defending Heskey going instead of Bent.

It's all about Rooney and what's best for him.

While I agree with that Heskey hasn't played well for at least a year now for club or country, I used to of the view Rooney played better alongside him but we've got to move on.

Been one of their best players in the second half of the season.

Does anyone know if Pirlo is still Italy's first choice penalty and free-kick taker?