José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It'll be interesting to see what he does when his team needs to score two. My guess is to continue the spoiler tactics and go out while pissing and moaning all the way. Maybe a bit of route one to Adebayor like he used to with Drogba.

He has his point, though.

In 2009, no way Barcelona should have got to the final.

Yesterday, if Dani Alves steps up quickly after the tackle from Pepe again - no way there's a red card for him.

What about the Milito offside goal in the 1st leg last season? Or the blatant penalties not given to Alves and Pique late on? Or the disallowed Barca goal in the 2nd leg for no apparent reason, which would have sent them through?

What goes around, comes around, and he gets more luck and decisions than most, that's without even mentioning Porto's run.

:clap:

good post

Yesterday, if Dani Alves steps up quickly after the tackle from Pepe again - no way there's a red card for him.

What about the Milito offside goal in the 1st leg last season? Or the blatant penalties not given to Alves and Pique late on? Or the disallowed Barca goal in the 2nd leg for no apparent reason, which would have sent them through?

What goes around, comes around, and he gets more luck and decisions than most, that's without even mentioning Porto's run.

Have to agree with most of your post.  :thup:

I have to say though, I can't really speak about Portos's CL win as in this time Mourinho (and the CL without English/German teams) didn't really interest me.

All I can say is that, in that semi final last season you spoke about, the red card against Thiago Motta (I think it was him) shouldn't have been given and with 11 vs. 11 you can have a different game and you can see Inter scoring a goal.

It'll be interesting to see what he does when his team needs to score two. My guess is to continue the spoiler tactics and go out while pissing and moaning all the way. Maybe a bit of route one to Adebayor like he used to with Drogba.

Is there any other way? If he plays open Barcelona will tear them to shreds.

Is there any other way? If he plays open Barcelona will tear them to shreds.

I guess he'll have a tactic in place that will see Real scoring the first goal. After that I don't know, though.

I have to say though, I can't really speak about Portos's CL win as in this time Mourinho (and the CL without English/German teams) didn't really interest me.

All I can say is that, in that semi final last season you spoke about, the red card against Thiago Motta (I think it was him) shouldn't have been given and with 11 vs. 11 you can have a different game and you can see Inter scoring a goal.

Motta shouldn't have been sent off but Inter shouldn't have been 3-1 up, and you can also argue that he brings on these red cards himself, constantly setting teams up with these 'spoiler' tactics, to intimidate and bully the opposition, and his 'me against the world' mentality'. The reds he gets sometimes are harsh, but a lot of the time they are fully justified, and the way he sets his teams up in the big ones, a red card is almost inevitable.

Not explained well, but I hope you understand the point I'm making. :lol:

Motta shouldn't have been sent off but Inter shouldn't have been 3-1 up, and you can also argue that he brings on these red cards himself, constantly setting teams up with these 'spoiler' tactics, to intimidate and bully the opposition, and his 'me against the world' mentality'. The reds he gets sometimes are harsh, but a lot of the time they are fully justified, and the way he sets his teams up in the big ones, a red card is almost inevitable.

You can't say 'Inter shouldn't have been 3-1 up' as without their 3rd goal that was offside, they probably would have gone on and tried to score that 3rd (again).

And yes, Mourinho's tactics against Barca are negative but, how would you set up a team against them? The only time they were beaten in the current time was against a Mourinho-set-up-side.

You can't say 'Inter shouldn't have been 3-1 up' as without their 3rd goal that was offside, they probably would have gone on and tried to score that 3rd (again).

And yes, Mourinho's tactics against Barca are negative but, how would you set up a team against them? The only time they were beaten in the current time was against a Mourinho-set-up-side.

If Motta wasn't sent off, they probably would have gone down to 10 men another way, that's kind of my point.

I'm not saying what's the right or wrong way to play against Barca, but I find Mourinho's constant belittlement of officials and other teams a bit...off.

If Motta wasn't sent off, they probably would have gone down to 10 men another way, that's kind of my point.

I'm not saying what's the right or wrong way to play against Barca, but I find Mourinho's constant belittlement of officials and other teams a bit...off.

If Motta wasn't sent off, you never know what happens. You could be right, though.

Mourinho is Mourinho, if it wasn't his nickname already I would say he's like 'a special one'. You just know you'll miss him once he's gone.

Mourinho banned for 5 Euro games.

From BBC News.....

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has been handed a five-match European ban for his conduct after the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona.

Uefa said he made an "inappropriate" comment when, after Madrid's 2-0 defeat, he accused them - and referees - of trying to help Barcelona win.

Mourinho served one match of the ban in the second leg, and another of the five games is suspended for three years.

Madrid have announced that they will appeal against Mourinho's punishment.

European football's governing body also banned Barcelona keeper Jose Pinto from the Champions League final, while Real's Pepe - who was sent off in the match - has been handed a one-match ban.

Former Chelsea manager Mourinho - who has also been fined 50,000 euros by Uefa's control and disciplinary - will miss Madrid's first three European games next season for his sending-off, and the outspoken comments that followed, after the club's 2-0 first-leg home defeat.

Mourinho was dismissed to the stands for his protests over Pepe's sending-off for a studs-up challenge and, after the match, he belittled the achievements of counterpart Pep Guardiola, suggesting there was a conspiracy among referees to favour the Catalans.

"It's clear that against Barcelona you have no chance," he said.

"I don't understand why. I don't know if it's the publicity of Unicef [the charity who provides the club's shirt sponsor.

"I don't know if it's the friendship of Spanish football federation president Angel Maria Villar at Uefa, where he is vice-president. I don't know if it's because they are very nice, but they've got this power.

The man who led Inter Milan to Champions League glory last season was absent from Barcelona's Camp Nou when Madrid were eliminated, with his place on the touchline taken by assistant Aitor Karanka.

Seems harsh, but he is a repeat offender, and this time criticised not just the referee but UEFA too. Will be interesting if Real stick with him as they have criticised him for what he has done to Real this season with their attitude/style of play.  I wonder if he will go somewhere else and they will have to pick up his Euro ban.

I think if I went public with questions like "Is alpal a paedo?, I don't have the answer to that, but is it a coincidence small boys are seen being taken in and out of his house late at night? I don't know" - you would be rightly slightly annoyed.

I think if I went public with questions like "Is alpal a paedo?, I don't have the answer to that, but is it a coincidence small boys are seen being taken in and out of his house late at night? I don't know" - you would be rightly slightly annoyed.

I would be annoyed sure but I am not sure it meets the legal standard of being a libelous statement

I would be annoyed sure but I am not sure it meets the legal standard of being a libelous statement

True, you could maybe have me on defamation of character or something like that.

would depend if small boys were seen being taken in and out of your house at night, or not, surely?

would depend if small boys were seen being taken in and out of your house at night, or not, surely?

no idea?  :dontknow: I just don't think it's that clear cut

He pretty clearly said that our 2009 CL win was "not clean".

To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with that, most neutral observers would agree that Chelsea was very hard done by some weird decisions in 2009. I don't read "not clean" as corruption or something malicious just that the win was marred by some bad decisions.