Why I can't be bothered with England in the world cup.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest thenorthumbrian

Firstly its the way over-the-top hype which surrounds in-ger-land in the media and people who clagg tacky little flags (pure tat made in China, no doubt) to their cars by way of proving how patriotic they really puts me off.

And those people who normally never watch football will be filling the pubs with their brand new England tops and ridiculous painted faces.

And then you have got players like rat boy Terry, Gerrard, Cashley, and in particular Rooney the granny shagging, diving cheat, who swears and shouts in the face of any ref who ever gives a decision against him, playing for the country I must say its hard to support us.

The fact that in-ger-land only ever play in London now doesn't help (why not change their name to London United)

And the 3 Lions symbol was nicked from Richard the Lionheart, a gay French tyrant who couldn't even speak English and hardly spent any time here  :no:

I won't shed any tears when In-ger-land get knocked out of the tournament in the Q/F ! :razz:

Guest Roger Kint

Well that's nice. Thanks for that not so uplifting semi-rant.

Well if his views are consistent then i can see England winning the thing, his last rant being soo true to life ;D

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

NEE GEORDIES!  :rant:

???

Nowt, just getting in the usual claptrap some people come up with for not caring about England. Though, I partly agree there's too many Southerners in it squad!

Guest Roger Kint

???

Nowt, just getting in the usual claptrap some people come up with for not caring about England. Though, I partly agree there's too many Southerners in it squad!

Dont follow, there is a Geordie though, regardless of any southerners :undecided:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

???

Dont follow, there is a Geordie though, regardless of any southerners :undecided:

I guess at failed at internet irony, nevermind!

And those people who normally never watch football will be filling the pubs with their brand new England tops and ridiculous painted faces.

Never understood this viewpoint. 

So what if some people don't usually watch football but enjoy the WC.  It's a time for the whole country to unite, have a good time and enjoy the atmosphere.  Maybe if you got off your high horse you could enjoy yourself aswell.

Guest Roger Kint

???

I guess at failed at internet irony, nevermind!

Okay.... O0

Just been into the Co-Op at Wrekenton and boy are they going over the top, white red and blue bunting everywhere, stands with allsorts of England shite on. Already starting to get on my tits. Wouldn't care but we haven't got a bloody hope in hell and the sooner people realise that the better. I blame the Sun.

Just been into the Co-Op at Wrekenton and boy are they going over the top, white red and blue bunting everywhere, stands with allsorts of England shite on. Already starting to get on my tits. Wouldn't care but we haven't got a bloody hope in hell and the sooner people realise that the better. I blame the Sun.

We are Newcastle fans, surely you fully understand the concept of getting all excited when really you know we don't have a hope  :laugh:

Guest dazzanufc1892

think im one of the rare people who prefers international football to club football.

ultimate test for a footballer

Guest Roger Kint

think im one of the rare people who prefers international football to club football.

ultimate test for a footballer

Exactly, i was really excited seeing Beckhams first game in CM against Andorra, he held his own i felt :thup:

So what if some people don't usually watch football but enjoy the WC.  It's a time for the whole country to unite, have a good time and enjoy the atmosphere.  Maybe if you got off your high horse you could enjoy yourself aswell.

Amen to that. It's a time that every English person, no matter their skin colour, religion, class can support something together.

Don't understand the whole 'I'm not arsed about how my country does' concept.

The buzz at the time of a World Cup is amazing, can only imagine what it'd be like to actually win one.

Sadly it'll never happen, me being Irish and all.

We'd absolutely decimate the place if it ever happened mind, so maybe it's for the best. :lol:

Guest Brummiemag

I'm really looking forward to the World Cup, England matches, but also the other games as well.

It pisses me off the way the pubs are packed full of so called footy fans for England matches and a fair proportion of them havn't got a clue about football. Contrast that with most of other games and there will be very few there at all.

Me and few mates are taking the Friday afternoon off work to watch the opening game on 11th June South Africa v Mexico. I guarantee there will only be a handful of people in each of the pubs along Broad Street in central Brum to watch that game - most people just aren't interested.

I will be supporting England and would like to see us win it but I will enjoy the whole thing whether we do well or not, providing there is plenty of good football and incident of course

Guest BooBoo

World Cups are always a great time, who bloody cares if non football fans show an interest for a few weeks. Most of the country do something similar with tennis every Wimbledon fortnight.

Can't be doing with the perma misery party poopers. Smile now and again, you might like it.

:nods:

Can't wait for the World Cup, England - Yankees on my birthday as well O0

World Cups are always a great time, who bloody cares if non football fans show an interest for a few weeks. Most of the country do something similar with tennis every Wimbledon fortnight.

Can't be doing with the perma misery party poopers. Smile now and again, you might like it.

I agree for me their is nothing better and i love the street parties