Club statement

Magpie

Can't say I'm surprised or anything, and the "no new capital outlay" is as stupid as it was expected.

What I don't understand though, is why they have to have such an antagonistic tone in these statements? Like others have said, it reads very much like the "FACT"-statement. Why even come out with anything? As has also been said, they were slowly starting to get the fans back on their side again, why do your best to ruin that?

So sick of this bloke now, wish he would just sell us and we can move on.

No surprises here. I can only hope that anyone who expected him to spend a penny before this statement was issued was already under some sort of mental health supervision.

That's exactly what they've done.  Wheras the bold bit is not at all what I've done, to quote myself....

The majority on N-O do agree it's a crock of s***

:dontknow:

"I just don't know what to say, I mean... I just... words fail me.

I'm sure the pricks on N-O are loving this latest genius stroke of the Ashley masterplan to make NUFC a global force within this next 5 year plan."

You replied:

"They're defending it.

Unbelievable." 

Guest BooBoo

Well I suppose at least they gave us a week of hope before sticking an almighty pin into the party balloons.

Stupid statement it may well be, but I will be judging Ashley and co after the transfer window ends, and more specifically when the season ends. I can't remember what the statement said in January, but I'm not sure it involved buying as many players as we did. Lets hope we end up with a decent enough team to survive next season, and that this is just much ado about nothing.

That's exactly what they've done.  Wheras the bold bit is not at all what I've done, to quote myself....

I'm sure the pricks on N-O are loving this latest genius stroke of the Ashley masterplan to make NUFC a global force within this next 5 year plan."

You replied:

"They're defending it.

Unbelievable."   

And they are, aren't they?

The pricks I mean.

Might it mean Ashley will not finance deals from out of his own pocket?

It doesn't say that and it would have been just as easy for them to say that if it's what they meant, it would have also been a lot less confusing.

Guest neesy111

On FM you quite often get £500k every few months for Milner, Given and Bassong and that's as good as real life.

:lol:

The pricks I mean.

Your reply made it look as if everybody was until you later corrected it, I'm not saying you meant it that way but it was taken that way by more than one person.

You replied:

"They're defending it.

Unbelievable."   

The pricks I mean.

whos defending it ?

The pricks I mean.

Your reply made it look as if everybody was until you later corrected it, I'm not saying you meant it that way but it was taken that way by more than one person.

I was only referrring to the pricks.  After all, I post on here and I'd hardly call myself a prick.  I'm brilliant.

You replied:

"They're defending it.

Unbelievable."   

The pricks I mean.

whos defending it ?

Good news in my view.

Ketsbaias Shiny Head has agreed with him.

I think Conjo has too.  Not read the whole thread from start to finish.

WITH the majority of European leagues still two weeks from their conclusion, Chris Hughton admits that he will take advantage of his side's early finish to continue his scouting trawl across the continent.

The Magpies wrapped up their league campaign with victory at QPR on Sunday, freeing Hughton and his staff to begin their preparations ahead of next season's return to the Premier League.

And the gaffer told nufc.co.uk: "It's certainly an opportunity to look at players now we're finished that little bit earlier.

"During the season you are able to get to games, but not as many as you'd like because of our midweek matches.

Article continues>>

"But there are a lot of games over Europe during these next few weeks and it's a good chance for myself and the staff to make the most of it.

"I've taken in a few games already but intend to see a lot more during these next few weeks."

I was only referrring to the pricks.  After all, I post on here and I'd hardly call myself a prick.  I'm brilliant.

So when you say "They're defending it.  Unbelievable."  You actually mean one person was depending it?   I thought that they're was short for they are, they meaning "people" and by that more than one.

Come on then, name and shame so that they can defend themselves.

WITH the majority of European leagues still two weeks from their conclusion, Chris Hughton admits that he will take advantage of his side's early finish to continue his scouting trawl across the continent.

The Magpies wrapped up their league campaign with victory at QPR on Sunday, freeing Hughton and his staff to begin their preparations ahead of next season's return to the Premier League.

And the gaffer told nufc.co.uk: "It's certainly an opportunity to look at players now we're finished that little bit earlier.

"During the season you are able to get to games, but not as many as you'd like because of our midweek matches.

Article continues>>

"But there are a lot of games over Europe during these next few weeks and it's a good chance for myself and the staff to make the most of it.

"I've taken in a few games already but intend to see a lot more during these next few weeks."

"OK Chris, you and your staff can go to France, but it is coming out of your 24 days holiday x"

So when you say "They're defending it.  Unbelievable."  You actually mean one person was depending it?   I thought that they're was short for they are, they meaning "people" and by that more than one.

Come on then, name and shame so that they can defend themselves.

I've named 3 people above.

As I said, I was referring to those pricks.  There's pricks on TT (where I said it) too.  None of them daft enough to defend this car crash of a statement like.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Don't we get a payout of around 50-60m from sky  for being promoted? Isn't that to help towards player purchases?

Guest neesy111

Don't we get a payout of around 50-60m from sky  for being promoted? Isn't that to help towards player purchases?

:facepalm:

If that happenned, half the clubs in the PL would be deliberately trying to get relegated.