Zola sacked

olliemort

Guest Stephen927

Zola is a good man, he's too nice for his own good though. Wasn't given much money, had to sell a fair few players, and when money was pumped into the club on players it was for Savio who was signed without much of Zola's say. Admire the way he tried to get the Hammers to play and when it wasn't working and pressure came on the club he changed the system and it kept them up in the end. I think he should go back to something similar to what he had with the Italian youth national team as he was doing a good job there with the young lads.

Guest firetotheworks

I wouldnt say he's too nice. Just a player's manager. He's spoken out when it's come to players being sold etc.

Guest firetotheworks

He'd make a cracking TV pundit.

He'd be too nice surely.

Saying Shearer isn't nice like, eh? EH?

Shearer's not a good pundit either.

His opinions are as predictable as yours tbf.

Listening to Sunday Supplement there (it's **** I know) it was funny to see how poor little lamb Zola was being defended.  I can't remember Keegan being defended by the press when the idiots running our club were undermining him.

Listening to Sunday Supplement there (it's **** I know) it was funny to see how poor little lamb Zola was being defended.  I can't remember Keegan being defended by the press when the idiots running our club were undermining him.

I definitely can, to be fair.

Yeah, but that's just quoting a 'boardroom source' i.e. Llambias. There were plenty of quotes from managers like Alex Ferguson sympathising with Keegan's position and saying they would have done the same as him, as well as the LMA coming out in his support after hearing evidence. There was plenty of Caulkin-esque stuff going around too among the usual journalist blather. Furthermore, Ashley's regime hadn't been proven to be profoundly retarded YET, unlike West Ham's who managed it before they even owned that particular club.

Guest Stephen927

Avram Grant is a great manager, and surely hot favourite for the job. He'll do well there once they manage to shift a lot of the shit in the team and get the wage bill down.