Zola sacked

olliemort

Theres one relegation rival sorting themselves out. Never ever rated Zola (as a manager).

All players for sale except parker, and sacking their manager is hardly sorting themselves out?

Theres one relegation rival sorting themselves out. Never ever rated Zola (as a manager).

All players for sale except parker, and sacking their manager is hardly sorting themselves out?

The same squad that nearly got them relegated. The majority of their squad will probably stay, but with improvements on those that go.

And with a decent new manager.

Got the basis of a decent team WHU

Green, Upson, Faubert, Behrami, Kovac, Diamanti, Collison, Parker and Cole are all decent enough. Its a bit unity and team spirit they seem to lack.

Green, Upson, Faubert, Behrami, Kovac, Diamanti, Collison, Parker and Cole are all decent enough. Its a bit unity and team spirit they seem to lack.

I'd imagine people were looking at us 2 years ago thinking Given, Beye, Coloccini, Taylor, Barton, Jonas, Martins, Owen, Milner, N'Zogbia, Viduka...what could possibly go wrong? I bet a lot of them aren't there in September.

Of course i don't know whats going on behind the scenes and maybe a few didn't care what was going on but if someone like Hughes or Grant can install a bit of passion and team spirit then they more than have enough to finish away from the relegation places. Their squad hasn't changed drastically from the one that came 9th season before last.

and most of those will be gone come the 1st day of the season

Shame. He's not done bad given the circumstances IMO. Hopefully this won't be a stain on his CV, wish him all the best. One of the nicest men in football these days.

Being a nice guy got him the sack. Bodes well for Hughton.

Poor transfer record I think.

Having said that, the first manager to get the best out of Carlton Cole.

im not so sure how much influence he had on signings they had a technical director guy nani who did that iirc. and gulivan bought in mccarthy and mido im sure

Step forward Mark Hughes, I think.

Would be quite a large step back for Sparky, from Man City to West ham.

Can't see him going anywhere else unless he is waiting for someone to get sacked. If he had a bit about him he'd go abroad.

Their players are nowhere near as good as some people seem to think, even Parker isn't that great.

Don't really have a problem with the sacking, but most of the mistakes (signing crocks etc) were made before he arrived.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Haha Sky Sports News have been camped outside his house all day, so he went out and made them a cup of coffee! :laugh: