The World Cup

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It would be sickening tbh. Playing the US is lose-lose, if they managed to actually win the World Cup, that'd be monumental.

Surely they'd be the first country to win in which the overwhelming majority of the inhabitants think football is shite?

Can you imagine if the US won it? :lol:

Can you imagine Mike if the US won it? Scary.

Mike is pretty much the exact reason why the US have ZERO chance.

Sure their odds would be long even without Mike, but that guy is basically victory kryptonite when it comes to sports. :lol:

I was inclined to give the Netherlands dark horse status, until I looked at their defense:

Heitinga   Ooijer   Van der Wiel   Gio

That's bottom half of the Premier League there. No wonder every game in the Netherlands seems to finish 5-2

For me it's Brazil, they have added a ruthless streak under Dunga that makes them tough as nails, while still able to outclass almost any other side in the tournament. They made England look hopeless in the last friendly. Will piss me off if they win, mind, not because of Spain not doing it, but I'm starting to get bored about Brazil winning WCs.

Where is Khalid Boulahrouz?

Lacking match fitness, but he's going to the WC. Although Holland had shit competition in their group they only conceded twice throughout the entire campaign, which isn't bad..

World is a common name for the sum of human civilization, specifically human experience, history, or the human condition in general, worldwide, i.e. anywhere on Earth. In a philosophical context, it may refer to the Universe, everything that constitutes reality. Some authors, such as Carl Sagan, use the term worlds to refer to heavenly bodies.

World is a common name for the sum of human civilization, specifically human experience, history, or the human condition in general, worldwide, i.e. anywhere on Earth. In a philosophical context, it may refer to the Universe, everything that constitutes reality. Some authors, such as Carl Sagan, use the term worlds to refer to heavenly bodies.

Tit is a common name for a human behaving in a rather idiotic manner, specifically when turning a football thread on a forum into an intellectual discussion. It is also used as a name for certain types of bird and also as a more derogatory term for breast.

:smug: :razz:

Can you imagine if the US won it? :lol:

Can you imagine Mike if the US won it? Scary.

Mike is pretty much the exact reason why the US have ZERO chance.

Sure their odds would be long even without Mike, but that guy is basically victory kryptonite when it comes to sports. :lol:

:lol: I cannot dispute this. Damn!

Out of the Big 8, Germany, France and Holland are weak teams. Italy are REALLY old now. Argentina have a nutcase in charge, England obviously won't do it.

So that leaves Brazil and Spain. I like it that its genuinely hard to pick a winner this year, though the favourites havn't done great in recent tournaments.

Guest je85

It's gonna be great I can't see past Spain and Brazil, but the I remeber that Germany are the greatest footballing nation on earth.

So, I'm gonna go with Portugal.

Got to be Brasil although i hope its not due my disdain of Brasileiros.

Would love to see Argentina win it if England don't though purely as means Maradona will go even more mental (if that is possible)

Guest Brummiemag

Can never rule out Brazil, but are they an exceptional team or merely a functional one by their own high standards, one of  five or six teams who have a decent chance of winning the world cup

With the exception of Kaka, who are the world class players they have who can actually turn a game?   

Can never rule out Brazil, but are they an exceptional team or merely a functional one by their own high standards, one of  five or six teams who have a decent chance of winning the world cup

With the exception of Kaka, who are the world class players they have who can actually turn a game?   

Perhaps not the best in the world but Luis Fabiano, Robinho, even Maicon, could all change a game with a bit of magic I reckon.