The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Basically your the bookie, so your offering odds of 3.5 to someone else, and willing to take a bet of £4 from someone. So if you lost you would have had to payout 3.5 x 4, but you won so you take their bet of £4.

:thup: Won't be making too many Lay bets in that case, only winning what is put in isn't much of a reward for the risk of having to pay out several times over.

Only let me put 14 on.

Man City  @ 4/9

Stoke  @ 10/11

Sunderland  @ 8/13

Tottenham  @ 8/15

West Brom  @ 4/5

Everton  @ 11/10

Man Utd  @ 1/2

Draw  @ 9/4

Burnley  @ 4/7

Draw  @ 9/4

Leeds  @ 10/11

Draw  @ 9/4

Norwich  @ 4/5

Maccabi Tzur Shalom Women  @ 1/4

:lol: Fuck off did you do that. And if you did you put like 50p on it.

Basically your the bookie, so your offering odds of 3.5 to someone else, and willing to take a bet of £4 from someone. So if you lost you would have had to payout 3.5 x 4, but you won so you take their bet of £4.

:thup: Won't be making too many Lay bets in that case, only winning what is put in isn't much of a reward for the risk of having to pay out several times over.

tell that to the multi-billion pound gambling industry

Going to put £10 in my Bet365 account and see how much I've got this time next year. Will be putting boring amounts like £3 on Man U to win so it'll only add maybe 80p a time, but I imagine over a year it'll add up!

I'll end up blowing it today on a stupid accumulator though no doubt.

tell that to the multi-billion pound gambling industry

:lol:

tmonkey - rather than run the risk of losing all of your money at once, you need to divide the amount you're willing to wager against an event happening (i.e. £10.00 against Newcastle winning at Wigan @ 3.5)

£10 (amount you're willing to stake against the event)

2.5 (lay odds - 1)

= £4.00 stake by the backer.

If Newcastle win, you pay them the £10.

If Newcastle lose or draw, you keep their £4.00 (minus commission)

If Newcastle lose