Keegan not new Hamburg manager

Optimistic Nut

What makes me chuckle is the pompous, denunciatory tone adopted by the Keegan-can-do-no-wrong brigade.

"Disgraceful", "appalling", "frankly disgusting" etc.

It's like reading the letters page of the Daily Telegraph. Brilliant!

The more this goes on, the more I definitely don't want Keegan back. The idea that the whole club is so completely in thrall to one temperamental, volatile man is frankly appalling.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,56160.msg1520745.html#msg1520745

:lol:

That was too easy, wasn't it? :lol:

Disgustingly easy, tbh. :lol:

Keegan on Louis Van Gaal:

" Nein! D.h., wenn Sie das mit Fußballspielern machen, mag er hat gesagt um Wolfsburg, und wenn Sie Dinge machen, wie das um einen Mann wie Manuel Friedrich, bin ich, habe ich wirklich ruhig behalten, aber ich werde ya etwas, er ist hinabgegangen in meine Schätzung erzählen, wenn er das gesagt hat, haben uns wir an das nicht gewendet. Aber ich werde ya, Sie können erzählen ihm jetzt erzählen, wenn Sie ihm zuschauen, wir kämpfen noch für diesen Titel, und er muss gehen zu Hoffenheim und muss etwas erhalten, und, und ich werde ya ehrlich, ich werde lieben es erzählen, wenn wir sie schlagen, liebt es! "

Keegan on Louis Van Gaal:

" Nein! D.h., wenn Sie das mit Fußballspielern machen, mag er hat gesagt um Wolfsburg, und wenn Sie Dinge machen, wie das um einen Mann wie Manuel Friedrich, bin ich, habe ich wirklich ruhig behalten, aber ich werde ya etwas, er ist hinabgegangen in meine Schätzung erzählen, wenn er das gesagt hat, haben uns wir an das nicht gewendet. Aber ich werde ya, Sie können erzählen ihm jetzt erzählen, wenn Sie ihm zuschauen, wir kämpfen noch für diesen Titel, und er muss gehen zu Hoffenheim und muss etwas erhalten, und, und ich werde ya ehrlich, ich werde lieben es erzählen, wenn wir sie schlagen, liebt es! "

Keegan's German is better than that.  :lol:

I think he'll do well there. Regardless of your opinion on the farcical scenes that undoubtedly culminated in our relegation a year ago today, you still cannot doubt his managerial ability tbh. Weather your in the "he's a bottler and he should have stayed" camp or the "he was right all along to walk away" brigade, either way he did well here. He turned a clearly dejected side into a team that played some cracking free flowing football despite having a midfield of Geremi, Barton and Nicky Butt. The excitement after that draw at old trafford was fantastic, if you'd have said we'd have been relegated come the end of the season everybody would have laughed in your face.

Football wise he's still a good manager imo, the language barrier may be more of a problem being a manager but I have every faith in him purely as a football manager. If he does go there, weather he'll last more than 1 season is an argument for another day, yesterday in fact.

Well isn't that the implication in "having the final say" or do you really think he got who he wanted as he knew the constraints of the club and the only reason he left was gonzalez coming in ?

do you think gonzalez coming in was the biggest thing at the club and all that wants answering ? you not bothered about what else was going on.

I don't think he implies anything about the players he wanted or the boards ability to deliver.

He states implicitly the problem was a specific player being forced upon him.  The players he wanted and the efforts made (or not) to secure them was never brought up by Keegan or the club.  If anything, it's implied that he was quite happy that he'd had final say on the players already signed in the summer (Jonas, Colo, Guthrie, Bassong).

If he was making unreasonable demands it was up to the club to show that.  They haven't and won't.

Keegan's never walked out of a club due to budgetry constraints.  He's left every club in a better league position than he found it.  Three out of four in higher divisions than he found them.

The stick he gets from some Newcastle fans is appalling.

do you think had we, for example, signed modric,schweinsteiger,henry aswell as those we did sign he'd have considered himself to be constructivly dismissed over the gonzalez position ?

somehow i think he'd have managed to cope with a player he didn't want (and was under no obligation to play). i doubt it would be the most outlandish thing in the world to say it's quite possible he used that as an excuse to get out.

edit...and as i said at the time i really think there ought to have been some form of FIFA/UEFA/Prem league enquiry into the favours to agents thing.

I think he'll do well there. Regardless of your opinion on the farcical scenes that undoubtedly culminated in our relegation a year ago today, you still cannot doubt his managerial ability tbh. Weather your in the "he's a bottler and he should have stayed" camp or the "he was right all along to walk away" brigade, either way he did well here. He turned a clearly dejected side into a team that played some cracking free flowing football despite having a midfield of Geremi, Barton and Nicky Butt. The excitement after that draw at old trafford was fantastic, if you'd have said we'd have been relegated come the end of the season everybody would have laughed in your face.

Football wise he's still a good manager imo, the language barrier may be more of a problem being a manager but I have every faith in him purely as a football manager. If he does go there, weather he'll last more than 1 season is an argument for another day, yesterday in fact.

Does he not already speak some German? He did live there for like 3 years.

Does he not already speak some German? He did live there for like 3 years.

he became fluent in german during his time there iirc.

Yes fluently. I've read his old auto biography from like 1998, and theres a small section about him grasping German quickly after being told to think in German instead of English

Guest michaelfoster

KK was proved right to resign the 2nd time but he still walked out on us the first time, England, Fulham & Man City iirc

7th Jan 1997 - Keegan quits as Newcastle manager - said he had taken the club as far as possible

May 1999 - Quit as Fulham manager to concentrate as England manager - fair enough

7th October 2000 - Quit as England Manager due to poor performances, statistically the worst permanent England manager upto this time.

10th March 2005 - Quit as Manchester City manager - had enough of management.

4th September 2009 - Keegan quits as manager due to interference by Mike Ashley.

KK was proved right to resign the 2nd time but he still walked out on us the first time, England, Fulham & Man City iirc

Even if KK hadnt been our manager the 2nd time, he still quit 3 jobs

Yeah, but that was Ashley's fault too.

Even if KK hadnt been our manager the 2nd time, he still quit 4 jobs

why he quit us first time round is still a bit shrouded and he left fulham for the england job which can hardly be classed as quitting in that sense (mind you he did stick a knife in ray wilkins back to become fulham manager)

To be fair he's left each job on principle every time and not many managers do that nowadays.

Souness

Allardyce

McLaren

Hughes

The list can go on and on, from mangers who stay in their jobs to get millions of pounds in compensation for managers who've done terrible jobs. I think we need more people like Keegan in the game, an no to all of you ready to type it (bottler, left us and them etc etc)

To be fair he's left each job on principle every time and not many managers do that nowadays.

Souness

Allardyce

McLaren

Hughes

The list can go on and on, from mangers who stay in their jobs to get millions of pounds in compensation for managers who've done terrible jobs. I think we need more people like Keegan in the game, an no to all of you ready to type it (bottler, left us and them etc etc)

what was the principle first time round ?

Guest michaelfoster

He didnt really quit England on principle, he quit England as he statistically had the worst win % as permanent England manager ever.

He quit Man City as he was sick of management.

Guest malandro

He didnt really quit England on principle, he quit England as he statistically had the worst win % as permanent England manager ever.

How many jobs has Jose Mourinho quit?

thats almost what he said for leaving here first time round...................not many believed that was the real reason.

Guest michaelfoster

Who gives a f*** if he ditched over teams? Would still love the man if he had taken a dump in the centre circle at Craven Cottage.

I just think sometimes people need to take their black & white tinted glasses off and realise that outside of Newcastle, not many people rate Keegan as highly as manager.

Guest malandro

Who gives a f*** if he ditched over teams? Would still love the man if he had taken a dump in the centre circle at Craven Cottage.

I just think sometimes people need to take their black & white tinted glasses off and realise that outside of Newcastle, not many people rate Keegan as highly as manager.

They must be fuckwits.

The important thing is what a manager achieves not the manner of their exit, and Keegan did a good job at City, a good job at Fulham, a good job at Newcastle the second time round and performed a minor miracle in his first managerial stint at SJP.

Most managers get sacked; quitting is largely the preserve of the good ones.

Even if KK hadnt been our manager the 2nd time, he still quit 4 jobs

why he quit us first time round is still a bit shrouded and he left fulham for the england job which can hardly be classed as quitting in that sense (mind you he did stick a knife in ray wilkins back to become fulham manager)

Tbf it was Wilkins' back that attacked Keegan's knife, not the other way round.

What makes me chuckle is the pompous, denunciatory tone adopted by the Keegan-can-do-no-wrong brigade.

"Disgraceful", "appalling", "frankly disgusting" etc.

It's like reading the letters page of the Daily Telegraph. Brilliant!

Well well well, look what the cat dragged in Its Super Ozzie.

No one says KK hasn't got his faults its the shitty snide comments that get me annoyed. 

Thats what appauls me about NUFC fans, other clubs tend to supoort their heros regardless, some fans should hang their heads in fucking shame.