Kris Boyd joins smoggies

ianovthetoon

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Is he massively slow? He looks it.

By Premier League standards aye, which is my main worry, however, he can find a position to score. Just has to be seen if he can do it in a league better than League 1/Championship quality.

Wonder if Caulkin knows anything.

I doubt it, he's in Germany covering Schteve's appointment as Wolfsburg manager.

McClaren was interviewed on SSN before, the Dutch accent has gone.  :-[

Don't know much about him, except that he went past Larsson as all time top goalscorer in the Scottish Premier League. Don't think I've ever seen him play, but from what I've gathered, he's a poacher, and a pretty decent one at that. For free, I don't really think we should complain, he can't be any worse than Best like.

I doubt it, he's in Germany covering Schteve's appointment as Wolfsburg manager.

In the process of getting his German one up to scratch.

Don't know much about him, except that he went past Larsson as all time top goalscorer in the Scottish Premier League. Don't think I've ever seen him play, but from what I've gathered, he's a poacher, and a pretty decent one at that. For free, I don't really think we should complain, he can't be any worse than Best like.

Took him more a couple more seasons to do it though.

However...

... he still peppers his speech with "how you say" quite a lot. For sure. I'm surprising myself but it was nice to see him. Seemed relaxed.

:lol:

In the process of getting his German one up to scratch.

Apparently he was seen leaving Rumblelows with the 'Allo 'Allo boxset in VHS.

Guest Roger Kint

Wonder if this means that Lovenkrands will be relegated to the bench?

If we are going to stay up that was a given surely? ;D

sent him a tweet reply was...

heard it directly from the mouth of a former England international midfielder/striker at St. James' ;-)

3 minutes ago via web in reply to matt1988cobb

That's Alan Smith btw. (only a guess, though)

:pow: seems confirmed.

By Premier League standards aye, which is my main worry, however, he can find a position to score. Just has to be seen if he can do it in a league better than League 1/Championship quality.

Having no pace makes us very easy to defend against, teams can push up and squeeze us in the middle of the park where we have poor quality ball players and thus we lose the ball easily. Happened a lot in the season we went down. Only really Routledge and at a push Jonas with any pace in what i'd imagine our starting XI to be next season.

Guest njkman

to be honost, even if we do get him in and he flops, at least we can sell him on and make a couple of million off him as boyd is available on a free...... mcleish will take him at Birmingham...

Thing is, if he flops it's likely to cost us our Premiership status.

One player will not cost us our Premier Leage status, it will take a whole team effort. Hes not my first choice striker as I think we need someone a wee bit nippier, but he has proven where he has played he can be prolific. The only reason he is leaving Ranger is because they cannot afford him, as they have a lot of players on their books. He is one of the Rangers players who has been held in high self esteem and like them when he moves on, whoever it is, I hope he can just be as good as them. I mean the likes of Charlie Adams and Alan Hutton..... 

Having no pace makes us very easy to defend against, teams can push up and squeeze us in the middle of the park where we have poor quality ball players and thus we lose the ball easily. Happened a lot in the season we went down. Only really Routledge and at a push Jonas with any pace in what i'd imagine our starting XI to be next season.

Are people's opinions that Lovenkrands is too much of a gamble up front in the Premiership?  I would rather he played than we signed Boyd tbh.

to be honost, even if we do get him in and he flops, at least we can sell him on and make a couple of million off him as boyd is available on a free...... mcleish will take him at Birmingham...

One player will not cost us our Premier Leage status, it will take a whole team effort. Hes not my first choice striker as I think we need someone a wee bit nippier, but he has proven where he has played he can be prolific. The only reason he is leaving Ranger is because they cannot afford him, as they have a lot of players on their books. He is one of the Rangers players who has been held in high self esteem and like them when he moves on, whoever it is, I hope he can just be as good as them. I mean the likes of Charlie Adams and Alan Hutton.....  

Charlie Adam who has yet to play in the Premiership and Alan Hutton who has been indifferent at Spurs you mean?

Guest secteur2010

Caulkin has heard nothing.

That post reminded me of:

http://img.youtube.com/vi/s6EaoPMANQM/0.jpg

I was hoping more for a Captain Mainwaring from Dad's Army

"Tell them nothing, Pike.."

Charlie Adam who has yet to play in the Premiership and Alan Hutton who has been indifferent at Spurs you mean?

Barry Ferguson, Boumsong......