Kris Boyd joins smoggies

ianovthetoon

Carroll

Ameobi

Lovenkrands

Best

Boyd

Fuckin scary.

Why the f*** did we sign Best, what a waste of time and money. 5 mediocre strikers to say the least. No hope of selling any of the c***s either.

To be fair we could sell all of our strikers to Championship clubs and Carroll might even attract a Premiership club. For me it's about squad building not deconstruction.

If we sign Boyd then we can sell Shola or Best and dare i say make a profit out of it.

I agree, but who the hell is gonna sign Shola or Best.

I'd take a stab and say most of the Championship teams, not for much money mind. Shola would be a good striker in that division, if fit for a full season.

Guest loven Mag 11

Rangers and Celtic would be in a relegation battle in the prem.

there squads are made from

1) nobodies

2) prem rejects e.g. Samaras

3) average championship players e.g. lafferty and loovens

That dross could never stay up.

honestly  :idiot2:

Guest firetotheworks

Whats with the Celtic/European records? Who gives a s*** when we wont be anywhere near challenging to beat teams on that level?

lol most of the Premier League are better than Celtic :facepalm:

I hope that's sarcasm.

You think Celtic would be a top team in the Premiership? :nope:

I dont, but I dont think they're worse that 3/4 of the PL. That's just f***ing idiotic.

the same Celtic team that got beat by Ross County, Kilmarnock and lost 4-0 to St Mirren. Aye f***ing idiotic

Man United beat Wolfsberg away, and lost against Leeds at home. When will people realise that in football 2+2 doesnt always = 4?

Guest Roger Kint

Could be like Doyle or Fletcher, could be like Scotland or McCoist. Gamble but low risk, I'd have him here.

much rather Fletcher than Boyd any day of the week

Well you stump up the £6m+ that Burnley will want for him, pretty silly statement considering we can only really afford one of them, i would prefer a better car but i cant...

It turned out that Lovenkrands and Carroll started scoring lots of goals. And we no longer had to play that waste of space gangsta wannabe.

Ranger is brilliant IMO.

Ranger might not have scored many but he can actually contribute to team build up play.

Yes, because he passed it 4 yards to Guthrie against Leicester.

No, more because he looks like something resembling a professional athlete and has a good touch. He's a prospect rather than a slow rabbit killer. Anyway, I hope Boyd gets goals, the Premier has plenty of dross teams in it atm. Nolan and Boyd will make a canny pair.

Loan Ranger out, flog Best, then sign Boyd on a free and buy somebody like Colunga/Soldado if we could afford it.

Carroll

Boyd

Lovenkrands

Shola

Another signing.

I'd be relatively happy with that going into next season. Infact even selling Shola to a Championship side to raise funds would be worthwhile, because there is always Nolan to play as a second striker, and if we're very lucky Vuckic might have some sort of breakthrough.

Whatever happens we're gonna struggle for goals though.

Whats with the Celtic/European records? Who gives a s*** when we wont be anywhere near challenging to beat teams on that level?

I hope that's sarcasm.

I dont, but I dont think they're worse that 3/4 of the PL. That's just f***ing idiotic.

the same Celtic team that got beat by Ross County, Kilmarnock and lost 4-0 to St Mirren. Aye f***ing idiotic

Man United beat Wolfsberg away, and lost against Leeds at home. When will people realise that in football 2+2 doesnt always = 4?

FFS Difference is Celtic are shite :D

Guest toonlass

1) nobodies

or even players like Arteta, Gianni Van Bronckhorst, Tugay, Barry Ferguson, Amaruso and Gattuso? And that's just from Rangers!

1) nobodies

or even players like Arteta, Gianni Van Bronckhorst, Tugay, Barry Ferguson, Amaruso and Gattuso? And that's just from Rangers!

Aye, because they're all currently strutting their stuff for the Gers aren't they?

1) nobodies

haha what?  How is that in any way relevant

My mate is a hardcore Rangers supporter and he is adamant that Boyd has signed or is about to sign a new deal with them.

yeah thats the ITK shit thats going around their forums

Guest toonlass

Eh? What you on about? I was talking about players who played for Rangers and played/play at a higher level than the SPL.

Eh? What you on about? I was talking about players who played for Rangers and played/play at a higher level than the SPL.

yeah but whats that got to do with their current (shite) teams? The SPL and the Old Firm in particular is at the lowest standard in a long time

Guest toonlass

Right, so that is why Liverpool were keen on Danny Wilson then. I am not saying it's a brilliant league but there are always players that premiership teams look at.

Guest firetotheworks

I hope that's sarcasm.

FFS Difference is Celtic are s**** :D

Well I can see you're quite the cultured thinker, so I'll leave you to your archaic, squalid plateau of forward thinking, while I try to get by in a life where everything without evidence, including football,  is unpredictable.

Right, so that is why Liverpool were keen on Danny Wilson then. I am not saying it's a brilliant league but there are always players that premiership teams look at.

He wasn't talking about how well players from Scotland adapt when transfering to the Premiership, he was talking about the current quality of Celtic and Rangers and how well they'd do if they were in the Premiership.

1) nobodies

correct.

Think Boyd would be ok though, very good finisher. Even though he's never scored at Pittodrie, or even v celtic he'd certainly score plenty with the right service.