Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry if already posted but just seen that the tournament organisers are considering banning the vuvuzelas from grounds. I hope they do. They are killing the atmosphere with no chants audible and they even carry on blowing them throughout national anthems.

They're not getting banned.

I was saying to a work mate only yesterday that I reckoned it was only a matter of time before they do get banned - I'd kinda hoped it wouldn't last out the whole weekend before FIFA stepped in and commonsense prevailed. Honestly, these bastard vuvuzelas have the potential to drive the world insane. And I just simply cannot wait for them to be brought back home and used at matches up and down the country here - that will be just brilliant. :hmm:

Guest Geordiesned

My cousin lives in America and she's just sent me a pic of the front page of the New York Times. The headline reads "USA WINS 1-1" :lol:

Sorry if already posted but just seen that the tournament organisers are considering banning the vuvuzelas from grounds. I hope they do. They are killing the atmosphere with no chants audible and they even carry on blowing them throughout national anthems.

People have called TV repair men  out due to the "buzzing sound" .

My cousin lives in America and she's just sent me a pic of the front page of the New York Times. The headline reads "USA WINS 1-1" :lol:

http://webmedia.newseum.org/newseum-multimedia/dfp/jpg13/lg/NY_NYP.jpg

Guest BooBoo

The vuvuzelas are awful. No atmosphere just an ongoing never ending drone that only mildly changes when a goal goes in.

do you lot honestly think the atmosphere would be THAT great without them though... there something different at least.

and please tell me that NYP front cover is a hoax?

Legit.

You'll get absolutely shafted by the Dutch.

No way, they're without Robben... a 1-1 draw!

Van der Vaart is not a bad replacement. I'm thinking 3-0 or 4-0.

Well you might be right, all we need is to beat Cameroun and Japan...

do you lot honestly think the atmosphere would be THAT great without them though... there something different at least.

Well it's real, but obviously they wrote it with their tongues wedged firmly in their cheeks.

You'll get absolutely shafted by the Dutch.

No way, they're without Robben... a 1-1 draw!

Van der Vaart is not a bad replacement. I'm thinking 3-0 or 4-0.

Well you might be right, all we need is to beat Cameroun and Japan...

I think you'll advance, just not beat the Dutch. O0

Well it's real, but obviously they wrote it with their tongues wedged firmly in their cheeks.

i always thought the New York Post was a bit too dim to do something like that though.

i always thought the New York Post was a bit too dim to do something like that though.

In the battle between Europeans thinking US people are stupid and a major US newspaper not knowing enough about soccer to manage to not mess up their front page, I'd back the US newspapers. It's too big an error to pass without it being tounge in cheek tbh.

Eto was going to fuck off because Roger Miller said he has always been shit for Les Lions Indomptables. PLG licked arse & massaged his ego saying how great he was & he is not going to leave the team. Can someone get Shilton or Banks to say Green has always been poor for England.

United Nations 4 Australia 0

The German philosophy of picking non Germans makes me slightly ill at ease tbh.

Hargreaves?

Aye they wanted him as well.

Yeah but he's Canadian and playing for England.  Pot calling the kettle black and all that.

Hargreaves has English parents I do believe.

United Nations 4 Australia 0

The German philosophy of picking non Germans makes me slightly ill at ease tbh.

To be fair, most of these players are either born in Germany or have lived most of their life there.

Only Cacau is a bit of a pisstake.

Exactly.

Otherwise, they could equally say England are taking the piss by having the likes of Ferdinand, Defoe, Huddlestone, Onuoha, Bent, Walcott, Heskey, Richards etc represent them.

They were actually born in England. The likes of Podolski, Klose, Cacau weren't born in Germany.

Doesn't bother me really like, it goes without saying that the Germans will do whatever it takes to win/destroy humanity.

This is really my point,added to the fact they have no German heritage either makes it a mockery tbh,just like Jack did with the Ireland team in the 80's and 90's.