Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You're telling me there is a better pre game show than this? Old guys talking and laughing about throw-ins?

That's crazy, VI. I bet it would fail on an English speaking network here, too.

US lineup: Howard; Cherundolo, DeMerit, Bocanegra, Bornstein; Donovan, Bradley, Clark, Dempsey; Altidore, Findley

Not a big fan of the Clark call over Edu.

Saw more from Gomez than I've seen from Findley. Should be third behind Buddle and Gomez, imo.

Would love England to go out tomorrow for no reason other than im sick of hearing about them like they are the only team in the World Cup. If it is that bad now it will be a nightmare if they win, the world would never hear the end of it!

Which website was the Ireland thread on?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php

So you don't see the difference? If folk are gonna come on here and pretend to be Newcastle fans, they should bloody well embrace English football and the national team. Ireland have now to do with this forum or the team we're all here for.

Fact is Newcastle has many foreign/non local fans and this is a good outlet for us as we dont live in Newcastle. Just because the club is English doesnt mean foreign fans on here should have to listen to their country being slated does it? I also fail to see how embracing English football is linked to the national team. Newcastle play in the English leagues so we have to embrace them, yet what connect do we have to the English national team which currently has none of our players?

So you don't see the difference? If folk are gonna come on here and pretend to be Newcastle fans, they should bloody well embrace English football and the national team. Ireland have now to do with this forum or the team we're all here for.

There's a major difference between club football and International football. Just fyi.

Christ Ronaldo you've been pissy lately.

The primary reason I'm rooting for England is to support some of the posters on NO. To be frank, I can't stand the character of a lot  of the English players Terry, Rooney, Gerrard, A Cole and seeing them fail would bring me a great deal of joy. Reading posts by you and Parky is almost enough to turn me to the dark side.

Haha, what a load of shit. As usual.

Christ Ronaldo you've been pissy lately.

The primary reason I'm rooting for England is to support some of the posters on NO. To be frank, I can't stand the character of a lot  of the English players Terry, Rooney, Gerrard, A Cole and seeing them fail would bring me a great deal of joy. Reading posts by you and Parky is almost enough to turn me to the dark side.

Exactly.

Since I'm a Newcastle fan and not English, I'm almost obliged to dislike Gerrard, Terry, A Cole etc., which means that I have no real affinity for England and on many occasions don't actually mind England losing.

Ronaldo should tell all of us why being a Newcastle fan means we should support England because as far as I'm aware, there aren't any Newcastle players in the England national team, and also, there are a shit load of wankers from our rival clubs (historic rivals, not current) who play for England, which really makes it a lot harder to like England.

Haha, what a load of shit. As usual.

I definitley want england to lose now....... just for ronaldo!

So should I cheer for Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool then because they're English teams?

I've nowt against England, in fact I think the place is great. Met lots of sound people from on here that are English and in general the country has great people and culture. I can't say that I cheer for the English football team, but it's more due to the fact that they play woeful football. I'd rather a team that plays exciting football win.

But I'm not going to go tearing into England or rooting against them on here because I know most people on here are English and I don't want to come across as a snide twat who gets his joys in life from laughing at or rooting against others.

Apparently though your point was more that because I "pretend to" support Newcastle I should get an English flag tattooed on my arse and sing 'Rule Britannia' while drinking Stella during every English game. I'll only say I disagree with that notion and we'll leave it at that.

Guest Heneage

How has Donovan worked so hard to get here? Seems like he just swanned around the MLS for four years...

How has Donovan worked so hard to get here? Seems like he just swanned around the MLS for four years...

I don't understand that either.  He could have had a career at the highest level, but decided he preferred being the big fish in the small pond.  He's self-congratulatory, self-important, big headed (literally) and extremely irritating.