Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

James

Johnson  Upson  Terry  Cole

Lennon  Gerrard  Barry  J Cole

Crouch   Defoe

For Slovenia.

Barry was fucking hopeless.  Carrick.

I'd say Barry was our best player. The only one who looked composed and comfortable on the ball, and whose decision-making looked confident.

I wouldn't drop Rooney. I know he's not with it at the moment, but we have no chance at all of progressing any distance without him.

A change I'd consider is Joe Cole on for Lampard, with Gerrard in the centre. With Barry, Lampard and Gerrard together, we look a bit one-paced.

James

Crouch   Defoe

For Slovenia.

Barry was f***ing hopeless.  Carrick.

First game back, he did his job alright, the useless Lampard is the one hindering the whole midfield.

He can't pass.  But I'll agree, that doesn't really single him out when Gerrard and Lampard were just as bad.   

What do you make of Capello's strategy of not announcing the team until they are on the bus?

Personally, I hate it. As a centre back, I always wanted to be settled and to be able to talk to my partner before hand to sort a few things out and feel confident that there was an understanding.

This England team looks like they've never met...

It's a joke, Lampard spent most of the game in the opposing half. Similar to him at Chelsea when Ancelotti arrived, Ancelloti learnt, Capello hasn't.

Doesn't help him or Gerrard and Rooney that there's absolutely nowt on the wings though. Shocking stuff from Lennon. And Capello is an absolute w***** for starting Heskey today.

Lets face it, when Lampard isn't in a team that's dominating possession he is an absolute passenger in the game.  Only thing he really did today was shoot waywardly.

He certainly shot our only real strike on target waywardly.

He is a shoot on sight player.  I think his 1 goal in 5 shots for Chelsea proves it.

The fact he's made more chances for other players than anyone else in England for the last 3 seasons proves you're wrong.

looking at the slovenes, they pissed it when the US tried to be all neat and tidy and keep the ball, and fell apart when the US brought on more physical players like Edu and Bradley. so probably makes sense to go as direct and powerful as possible.

James

Crouch   Defoe

For Slovenia.

Barry was f***ing hopeless.  Carrick.

I'd say Barry was our best player. The only one who looked composed and comfortable on the ball, and whose decision-making looked confident.

Are you taking the piss? He gave the ball away more than anyone else.

I forgot Lampard was playing. At least I didn't see him playing absolute s**** like the rest of them though.

Exactly the point I was going to make. He hardly had it, but when he did, he was better than pretty much every one else in the midfield. By that I mean, he was less shit.

Didn't try to make anything happen, didn't demand the ball, is useless when the opposition have it and his movement isn't good enough. He's a plodder nowadays who's totally accommodated at Chelsea, he's very good for them but in this system when he has to muck in with everyone else he's very poor.

What do you make of Capello's strategy of not announcing the team until they are on the bus?

Personally, I hate it. As a centre back, I always wanted to be settled and to be able to talk to my partner before hand to sort a few things out and feel confident that there was an understanding.

I was convinced before tonight that he did announce the team to the players in decent advance, and it's just that they're must tighter with regards to blabbing to the press.

After watching that I'm not so sure.

It's a joke, Lampard spent most of the game in the opposing half. Similar to him at Chelsea when Ancelotti arrived, Ancelloti learnt, Capello hasn't.

Doesn't help him or Gerrard and Rooney that there's absolutely nowt on the wings though. Shocking stuff from Lennon. And Capello is an absolute w***** for starting Heskey today.

Lets face it, when Lampard isn't in a team that's dominating possession he is an absolute passenger in the game.  Only thing he really did today was shoot waywardly.

He certainly shot our only real strike on target waywardly.

He is a shoot on sight player.  I think his 1 goal in 5 shots for Chelsea proves it.

The fact he's made more chances for other players than anyone else in England for the last 3 seasons proves you're wrong.

Too bad he can't do it wearing a white shirt.

I was convinced before tonight that he did announce the team to the players in decent advance, and it's just that they're must tighter with regards to blabbing to the press.

After watching that I'm not so sure.

Apparently Green found out he was dropped from the press.

In all honestly, Slovenia deserve to go through this group.

Their passing and genuine ability on the ball was streets ahead of England today - it's a fucking mystery how. A bunch of nomarks captained by a man without a club and yet they looked lightyears ahead of us today.