Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

this is the price we pay for too many foreigners in our game, and also for a deep lack of technical understanding for our players!

rooney should be hung for his comments, ppl paid 1000's to go out there and for him to say that shows what an utter cunt of a human being he is

The main thing that stood out for me is that the team has no descision makers. It was just pass it anywhere and run aroujd a bit.

Guest malandro

Don't see why people feel the need to criticise Beckham ffs.

He's injured, missing out on what would have been his last swansong as a professional player. Yet he isn't sulking and moaning, he's gone along with the team on invite and is there in person as a regular supporter would be. He isn't getting paid, he isn't detrimental to the team, what the f*** is the problem?

The man can do no wrong in my eyes, one of the few properly commited England players over the last decade. Not to mention he seems like a genuinely decent bloke.

:clap:

If he was committed to England he would have retired from international football when he decided to play third rate football in the states in exchange for large wads of cash.  Instead he hung around picking up underserved caps and depriving other players the opportunity to gain experience.

Clueless

So what does he do?

Provides more class crosses and breakthrough passes than any of the current squad manages. His pace may be gone, but f*** me you would be a totally different team with the option of a Beckham sub after 60 minutes if you needed that pass to break  through a defence, which you do.

From the bench in his marks and spencers suit!  It might have passed you by but he didnt make the final 23, so what is his doing on the bench, what does he do?

Who cares, man? It's a total non-issue. Look at the real problems we've got, ffs.

But it is an issue. His presence says a lot about the FAs priorities, how focused the campaign is. Capellos confidence in his motivational skills, not to mention those of Stuart Pearces and the senior members of the playing squad.

In pure footballing terms Beckham shouldnt be on the bench. That he is says a lot about the priorities of the FA and the general trend for players to be celebrities and footballers who believe their own hype.

Do you know for a fact what Beckham is doing and if it is to the benefit of the team or not? No?

Shut the f*** up then and look at the players out there instead, he wouldn't be there if Capello and his coaching staff did not think it was needed. For whatever reason they may or may not have, they think it's better to use Beckham in the way they are doing (which we know nothing about). It's not even possible to critizise it, because you don't even know what you are critiquing. You're just grasping for straws after seeing England play s***.

If the players wanted him there, they'd have a reason.

If the coaching staff wanted him there, they'd have a reason.

If the players didn't want him there, he'd not be there.

If the coaching staff didn't want him there, he'd not be there.

Simples.

Judging by the performances so far it’s safe to say whatever he’s supposed to be doing isn’t beneficial. The team could hardly have been worse.

Guest palnese

this is the price we pay for too many foreigners in our game, and also for a deep lack of technical understanding for our players!

rooney should be hung for his comments, ppl paid 1000's to go out there and for him to say that shows what an utter cunt of a human being he is

He was frustrated and I reckon he'll take it back tomorrow.

I'm not too surprised about your performance though, as you have the most overrated team the World has ever seen.

He's injured, missing out on what would have been his last swansong as a professional player. Yet he isn't sulking and moaning, he's gone along with the team on invite and is there in person as a regular supporter would be. He isn't getting paid, he isn't detrimental to the team, what the f*** is the problem?

The man can do no wrong in my eyes, one of the few properly commited England players over the last decade. Not to mention he seems like a genuinely decent bloke.

If he was committed to England he would have retired from international football when he decided to play third rate football in the states in exchange for large wads of cash.  Instead he hung around picking up underserved caps and depriving other players the opportunity to gain experience.

Clueless

So what does he do?

Provides more class crosses and breakthrough passes than any of the current squad manages. His pace may be gone, but f*** me you would be a totally different team with the option of a Beckham sub after 60 minutes if you needed that pass to break  through a defence, which you do.

From the bench in his marks and spencers suit!  It might have passed you by but he didnt make the final 23, so what is his doing on the bench, what does he do?

Who cares, man? It's a total non-issue. Look at the real problems we've got, ffs.

But it is an issue. His presence says a lot about the FAs priorities, how focused the campaign is. Capellos confidence in his motivational skills, not to mention those of Stuart Pearces and the senior members of the playing squad.

In pure footballing terms Beckham shouldnt be on the bench. That he is says a lot about the priorities of the FA and the general trend for players to be celebrities and footballers who believe their own hype.

Do you know for a fact what Beckham is doing and if it is to the benefit of the team or not? No?

Shut the f*** up then and look at the players out there instead, he wouldn't be there if Capello and his coaching staff did not think it was needed. For whatever reason they may or may not have, they think it's better to use Beckham in the way they are doing (which we know nothing about). It's not even possible to critizise it, because you don't even know what you are critiquing. You're just grasping for straws after seeing England play s***.

Simples.

Judging by the performances so far it’s safe to say whatever he’s supposed to be doing isn’t beneficial. The team could hardly have been worse.

Nice witch-hunt. :lol: WTF?

One glaring thing was the lack of full back overlapping and midfield penetration. One of the midfielders has to get into the box all the time.

The glaring thing was 3/4 of the team were scared of the fucking ball!

Guest malandro

Clueless

So what does he do?

From the bench in his marks and spencer’s suit!  It might have passed you by but he didn’t make the final 23, so what is his doing on the bench, what does he do?

But it is an issue. His presence says a lot about the FA’s priorities, how focused the campaign is. Capello’s confidence in his motivational skills, not to mention those of Stuart Pearce’s and the senior members of the playing squad.

In pure footballing terms Beckham shouldn’t be on the bench. That he is says a lot about the priorities of the FA and the general trend for players to be celebrities and footballers who believe their own hype.

You're talking s***, tbh. It's doing no harm. The fact is players are celebrities and Beckham's seen the effects of that, both positive and negative. Can't think of a better person to help Rooney through the next few days, tbh.

I never said it was doing any harm. I said Beckham should go away and earn the right to sit on the bench in a non playing capacity. Whatever it is he’s doing he isn’t doing it from the bench. He just sits there for the benefits of the cameras.

Clueless

So what does he do?

Simples.

You don't know that for a fact, so you have no argument whatsoever as it's just as likely they could have been worse.

Guest neesy111

I'm not too surprised about your performance though, as you have the most overrated team the World has ever seen.

he'll take it back, but ppl won't forget, beckham or shearer wouldn't say it in a million years, he's a fat scouse cunt and he's shown his true colours 2nite

I can't believe how bad Rooney was. I mean, everyone has an off day but this was a performance that would've looked bad at a local park. Not that he deserves to be singled out particularly but his performances have usually been the silver lining in past poor England performances. I'm worried. I genuinely think he might've bottled this one. And England has no other players who can take us to the final.

rooney should be hung for his comments, ppl paid 1000's to go out there and for him to say that shows what an utter c*** of a human being he is

he'll take it back, but ppl won't forget, beckham or shearer wouldn't say it in a million years, he's a fat scouse c*** and he's shown his true colours 2nite

He was frustrated man. Get over it. Nobody died.

Guest malandro

Clueless

So what does he do?

From the bench in his marks and spencer’s suit!  It might have passed you by but he didn’t make the final 23, so what is his doing on the bench, what does he do?

But it is an issue. His presence says a lot about the FA’s priorities, how focused the campaign is. Capello’s confidence in his motivational skills, not to mention those of Stuart Pearce’s and the senior members of the playing squad.

In pure footballing terms Beckham shouldn’t be on the bench. That he is says a lot about the priorities of the FA and the general trend for players to be celebrities and footballers who believe their own hype.

Simples.

Nice witch-hunt. :lol: WTF?

Not really. The general consensus amongst the Beckham Bum Chums is that he’s there as some kind of motivational agony aunt, yet the players look dazed and confused. Personally I don’t think he’s doing anything at all, but if you believe his role is anything other than a PR stunt he has to take some responsibility for the team’s poor performance. 

Guest neesy111

rooney should be hung for his comments, ppl paid 1000's to go out there and for him to say that shows what an utter c*** of a human being he is

he'll take it back, but ppl won't forget, beckham or shearer wouldn't say it in a million years, he's a fat scouse c*** and he's shown his true colours 2nite

tell the ppl who spent 4 years saving up to go to south africa, clearly you don't give a damn about them ffs

Cle

tell the ppl who spent 4 years saving up to go to south africa, clearly you don't give a damn about them ffs

Not really. But don't let that stop you getting offended on their behalf and blowing this out of all proportion. Dullard.

Jesus Christ. Everyone was hurt and disappointed. He was in a fucking mood. It's nowt, man. People think players are fucking robots. Rooney's worked his arse off to get where he is: you don't think that hurts, too?

1.   Slovenia 2 1 1 0 3 2 1 4

2.   USA    2 0 2 0 3 3 0 2

3.   England 2 0 2 0 1 1 0 2

4.   Algeria 2 0 1 1 0 1 -1 1

1. Denmark 10 6 3 1 16 5 +11 21

2. Portugal 10 5 4 1 17 5 +12 19

3. Sweden 10 5 3 2 13 5 +8 18

4. Hungary 10 5 1 4 10 8 +2 16

5. Albania 10 1 4 5 6 13 −7 7

6.  Malta         10 0 1 9 0 26 −26 1

Guest neesy111

Cle

Not really. But don't let that stop you getting offended on their behalf and blowing this out of all proportion. Dullard.

he's professional footballer, you don't say stuff like that on telly 95% of them wouldn't say it any matter, the guy is paid 120k a week, he shud try being paid £5 an hour and then get booed then he may have a case!

those of you who are defending him, are just defending footballers to get paid what they like and say what they like (remember it's the fans that pay for it all ffs)

I can't believe how bad Rooney was. I mean, everyone has an off day but this was a performance that would've looked bad at a local park. Not that he deserves to be singled out particularly but his performances have usually been the silver lining in past poor England performances. I'm worried. I genuinely think he might've bottled this one. And England has no other players who can take us to the final.

Did you really expect us to get to the final?

Cle

he's professional footballer, you don't say stuff like that on telly 95% of them wouldn't say it any matter, the guy is paid 120k a week, he shud try being paid £5 an hour and then get booed then he may have a case!

those of you who are defending him, are just defending footballers to get paid what they like and say what they like (remember it's the fans that pay for it all ffs)

What's money got to do with it? He'd no doubt say exactly the same thing if he was booed off playing for a conference team.

Win or go home, am I right?

You draw, the us draws, they're through on goals scored.

You draw, Algeria wins, Algeria leap frog you into second.

Lose and obviously you're out.

So unless you have a goal filled draw, you have to win. 2-2 is the lowest scoring draw needed.

Best of luck.

Win or go home, am I right?

You draw, the us draws, they're through on goals scored.

You draw, Algeria wins, Algeria leap frog you into second.

Lose and obviously you're out.

So unless you have a goal filled draw, you have to win. 2-2 is the lowest scoring draw needed.

Best of luck.

Can't believe we're in this position. Pathetic, just pathetic. :nope:

Clueless

So what does he do?

He may possibly have been useful against Algeria in terms of a single cross or corner/free kick, but then again when it comes to the World Cup and mediocre/bottling performances, he was just as culpable as Lampard, Gerrard and co in previous World Cups when it came to pulling a disappearing act and being useless in possession.

He's on the bench imo because it's a means to further the WC2018/2022 hosting bids. His career with England is effectively over, so having him in the dugout and visible makes him still relevant to the national team in some way, which may well be something the suits at FIFA will appreciate when it comes to deciding who wins the bid (i.e. same reason why the bids usually involve using current star players handing over dossiers). And I'm all for that if it means England gets to host it again. Especially with 2014 hosted by Brazil (outside of Europe twice - now lets go back to Europe and the home of football itself!).